Alaska Suite Location Question

cruisedad2

Hi. In terms of viewing the scenery and especially the glaciers, does it matter whether a cabin is aft, as some suites are, or on the side of the ship? I didn't want to book an aft cabin and lose the views of the glaciers if the ship is to the side most of the time, with us viewing the back, away from the glaciers. Thanks for your feedback!

We had an aft suite on Diamond to Alaska, the views were amazing, the ship turns and everyone gets a view. The suite we had was E730 it was also on the edge, you could see on the side too. My favourite day was glacier viewing, sitting on the loungers on out balcony with the tartan blankets and a hot chocolate! Bliss!:D

We had the Tahiti Suite (PH) on the Coral - starboard side and had great views. I originally wanted a port side but don't think it makes much difference. We walked back to the deck on the stern and really could see less than from our balcony. But I must say that whenever someone spotted an animal (eagle, whale, etc) and the wildlife gal on the bridge mentioned it, it was always on the port side but I bet if we would have been on the port side, they would have spotted them on the starboard side.

Enjoy - it's a wonderful cruise, especially in a suite.

I have been on ten Alaska cruises, and I think the aft view is the best!

You can see what is happening on both sides of the ship. Even when at the glaciers, the ship keeps moving, so the glaciers are in sight.

If you have the chance to book an aft view cabin or suite, do it!

Not sure if they drop the anchor but the stern swings - one direction and then back the other - the ship doesn't do a 360 so I would think the bow really would be the best since the stern never really sees, as some say, what is in front of the pointy end.

I meant to add.... we had some amazing whale encounters from our aft suite. One particular funny moment my husband and I spotted "dolphins" in the wake.... no its "sharks" says I! It was actually a pod of Orcas playing in the wake!!! Amazing. :D

I meant to add.... we had some amazing whale encounters from our aft suite. One particular funny moment my husband and I spotted "dolphins" in the wake.... no its "sharks" says I! It was actually a pod of Orcas playing in the wake!!! Amazing. :D

Whales, yes! This is just one more reason to cherish an aft suite. I had the same experience. One time, I could hear the whales, below our balcony!

A great spot for seeing whales is Snow Pass, four hours

north of Ketchikan, on northbound cruises. Don't miss it!

Before you book asuite, make sure you check the location on a deck plan. We wereon the Coral and they Have NO true aft suites. Normally a VS suite is on the stern of the boat but the Coral does not have any cabins on the stern or true aft. Their VS suites are on the sides toward the aft but not true aft. There are maybe 10 minisuites future back from their suites.

You will enjoy the cruise wherever you are.

Hi. In terms of viewing the scenery and especially the glaciers, does it matter whether a cabin is aft, as some suites are, or on the side of the ship? I didn't want to book an aft cabin and lose the views of the glaciers if the ship is to the side most of the time, with us viewing the back, away from the glaciers. Thanks for your feedback!

I have been in many different locations for my Alaska cruises and I can't say any were better that the others. The views are all aound you. It is just gorgeous.

Archived