Oasis cheaper than freedom???

socialsea

I posted earlier today in regards to the price difference between the Freedom and the Independence. There was a $600/cabin difference between the 2 ships minus the 1 night on the Indy for basically the same date, category and itinerary. In my quest to find us a cruise for January/13 i have noticed that a CP balcony on Oasis is 1069.00pp and an oceanview balcony on Freedom is $1099.00/pp. I know it is not an oceanview, BUT it is a BALCONY on OASIS!!! If i really wanted an oceanview balcony on Oasis it is only $1149.00pp, a $50.00pp difference more than Freedom. This is all based on basically the same date and itinerary (western caribbean). I guess my only option is the OASIS???:) I just don't get the prices on Freedom!!

I posted earlier today in regards to the price difference between the Freedom and the Independence. There was a $600/cabin difference between the 2 ships minus the 1 night on the Indy for basically the same date, category and itinerary. In my quest to find us a cruise for January/13 i have noticed that a CP balcony on Oasis is 1069.00pp and an oceanview balcony on Freedom is $1099.00/pp. I know it is not an oceanview, BUT it is a BALCONY on OASIS!!! If i really wanted an oceanview balcony on Oasis it is only $1149.00pp, a $50.00pp difference more than Freedom. This is all based on basically the same date and itinerary (western caribbean). I guess my only option is the OASIS???:) I just don't get the prices on Freedom!!
Don't forget the only view you have is trees and the balconies across from you.They can see you and you can see them.They are like a promenade room on some ships.

We are in the same boat, no pun intended. We would like to cruise on the Freedom April/May 2013 as it is less than an hour from our house.

However, both the Freedom and the Oasis (3 1/2 hour drive) for a ocean balcony are the same price $1099 each.

We have been on both but somehow I can't justify going on the Freedom even thought it is closer when I can get (in my opinion) more bang for my buck by driving further and going on the Oasis again.:rolleyes::confused::eek:

We are in the same boat, no pun intended. We would like to cruise on the Freedom April/May 2013 as it is less than an hour from our house.

However, both the Freedom and the Oasis (3 1/2 hour drive) for a ocean balcony are the same price $1099 each.

We have been on both but somehow I can't justify going on the Freedom even thought it is closer when I can get (in my opinion) more bang for my buck by driving further and going on the Oasis again.:rolleyes::confused::eek:

Having been on the last two cruises on the Freedom,,we have recently booked the Oasis for next Jan.:D,,time to try the "big" ships...I say go for it.

I have found the same thing. We priced Oasis/Allure for summer 2012 and also Freedom, and found that Freedom was more money for many sailings. Crazy! I assume that Freedom is really popular because there are not as many cruises out of Port Canaveral, particularly 7 day cruises.

I have found the same thing. We priced Oasis/Allure for summer 2012 and also Freedom, and found that Freedom was more money for many sailings. Crazy! I assume that Freedom is really popular because there are not as many cruises out of Port Canaveral, particularly 7 day cruises.

That must be the case . I have also noticed that you do not seem to get last minute bargains like you might find on sailings out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale. I have the Oasis for next May on hold. We will do the longer drive.

Freedom is also ranked in the top 5 for cruise line entertainment. They rank as follows:

Oasis

Allure

Disney Dream

Freedom

Epic

We paid 1009pp for an Oasis CP balcony 16 months out. I can tell you, I followed the prices, and they were never lower after that. 1069pp is a great price for the category. But indeed few people including us spent any time on these balconies during our week. Next time we will get an interior and save money. If you want a balcony for reasons you may have enjoyed one before and you haven't been on an inside balcony, you may be dissappointed. Don't get me wrong, beautiful view in CP especially at night. But indeed it is the same view everyday and night.

To me it would come down to if you want to go on Oasis or Freedom, for whatever your reasons are.

Go for Oasis for sure. You won't spend much time on that Oceanview Freedom balcony anyway.

Far superior experience on Oasis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Different srokes for different folks.We don't consider the inside balconies on the Oasis. I can see trees from my lanai at home.Show me the ocean.Freedom any day.;)

I think the Orlando tie in (Disney, SeaWorld, Universal, etc.) has a lot to do with it. Having been on almost every RCCL ship including Allure and Oasis if someone gave me a free cruise on any RCCL ship I would choose Freedom every time. It is my favorite ship and I have been on Liberty and Independence but still think Freedom is the best. When the Mariner was at Port Canaveral there were usually good prices available so maybe it's just the ship and crew that command the higher prices.

I think the Orlando tie in (Disney, SeaWorld, Universal, etc.) has a lot to do with it. Having been on almost every RCCL ship including Allure and Oasis if someone gave me a free cruise on any RCCL ship I would choose Freedom every time. It is my favorite ship and I have been on Liberty and Independence but still think Freedom is the best. When the Mariner was at Port Canaveral there were usually good prices available so maybe it's just the ship and crew that command the higher prices.

I agree about the Orlando/Disney tie in.

The Liberty is our favorite ship. We have only been on the Freedom once and also on the Allure and Oasis once.

All factored in for the same price I think I will still have to take the ocean balcony on the Oasis over the one on the Freedom. Decisions, Decisions Decisions:rolleyes::confused:

Archived