Crown Embarkation 2/16/12 - what is going on....

mikew40

Finally on board. Moved pretty fast once they opened the gates. Appears to still be in lockdown, no salt and pepper and no self service..

We just got off this morning and yes the ship is still pretty much in lockdown. We were not allowed to touch anything in the dining rooms all week and Princess is really being serious about keeping the ship clean. I'm not sure if it was Princess' doing or the CDC, but our Steward told us this morning they were being told to completely clear out the rooms, etc again this morning which could have led to some embarkation delays again this week. We were also told that the cruise ended well with just the normal illness problems and the Captain this morning thanked everyone for complying with washing hands, etc this week and keeping things "normal". Princess can't afford another outbreak and they'll probably continue the lockdown at least 2-3 days this week.

Enjoy your cruise. We had a fantastic time. Dave

Mike

In other threads, people have been commenting that the contract between Princess and Budweiser has expired and Bud and Bud Lite are no longer being stocked.

Have you seen or heard what they are going to replace Bud products with?

thanks and have a great trip. We are on board in a couple of weeks.

Ray

Mike

In other threads, people have been commenting that the contract between Princess and Budweiser has expired and Bud and Bud Lite are no longer being stocked.

Have you seen or heard what they are going to replace Bud products with?

thanks and have a great trip. We are on board in a couple of weeks.

Ray

Ray,

Bud and Bud Lite were both available last week. We're on the Ruby tomorrow so we'll see if it's any different on this week's sailing.

Mike

The delays on 2/18 were apparently caused by slow customs issues. From some comments I heard during the cruise, sounds like there just weren't enough people to process people getting off. I know when we got to the pier, they still had people getting off (it's easier to see that from the preferred spot, as opposed to the general holding room). Princess also always seems to do this weird thing where they seem to turn the ship around between debarkation and embarkation. Not entirely sure why they bother doing that.

I know this morning during the early walk-off period, there were only 3 customs people, so no idea if it turned out to be a problem (although we had people on the same flight with us that that did not do walk-off, and still had no problems making the 11:35 flight (for some reason I'd gotten in my head it was a 11:15 flight, and watching the slow debarkation the week we boarded, figured it might be worth walking off this time).

Things started going back to normal with regards to the code red stuff around the evening of the Curacao stop.

The delays on 2/18 were apparently caused by slow customs issues. From some comments I heard during the cruise, sounds like there just weren't enough people to process people getting off. I know when we got to the pier, they still had people getting off (it's easier to see that from the preferred spot, as opposed to the general holding room). Princess also always seems to do this weird thing where they seem to turn the ship around between debarkation and embarkation. Not entirely sure why they bother doing that.

I know this morning during the early walk-off period, there were only 3 customs people, so no idea if it turned out to be a problem (although we had people on the same flight with us that that did not do walk-off, and still had no problems making the 11:35 flight (for some reason I'd gotten in my head it was a 11:15 flight, and watching the slow debarkation the week we boarded, figured it might be worth walking off this time).

Things started going back to normal with regards to the code red stuff around the evening of the Curacao stop.

Thanks for the heads up

Srpilo

Archived