Holland america credit card

Watson's aunt

hi

does anyone have the Holland America credit card are you happy or no happy with it.

I have a AA credit card now

Mary

Many do. I had $700 in discounts on my Noordam cruise last month. I just

turned in enough points to get a $200 on our cruise in May.

I have one. I only use it for HAL purchases, including deposits, on-board expenses, and pre-booked shore excursions. It gives double points for HAL purchases. :D

In the past I have redeemed points for $200 in on-board credit (this is in addition to the credit for booking the cruise while on a prior cruise, and stockholder credit).

I just redeemed points toward final payment on a booking. There's more Bang for the Buck on this one, as there's 25% additional paid. And it went straight on my monthly bill, too.

I have had one for about a year. If you watch their promotions, sometimes you can get a nice bonus for applying. I think I got 20,000 points just for getting the card, which was equal to a $200 OBC.

When I called to request an onboard credit, I was told it was too close to my upcoming cruise. But the person I talked to suggested I wait until I got home and then request a statement credit. I am glad she made that suggestion. I waited until all my charges from my cruise posted and then got a statement credit that included points for all my onboard spending -- gratuities, internet, etc. She said that you can only do that when you have an active booking number, so you can't wait too long after you return from your cruise to make the request.

I couldn't find any information about getting statement credits on the website, so if you would like to do that it might be worth a call before you count on it.

Do I like it? Yes, but I only use it when I have a HAL cruise booked so I know I will be able to use the points in the near future.

3% if you use it, we don't, as we have other cards with no fees. We did use it once in Canada and was not charges any transaction fee (Victoria, BC).

Please help, it seems you are from Victoria. I thought Canadians could not apply??? I tried, it did not work. Did they change the rules?

Thank you.

3% if you use it, we don't, as we have other cards with no fees. We did use it once in Canada and was not charges any transaction fee (Victoria, BC).

Did I misunderstand, maybe you are American and used it in Victoria?

Thanks.

Did I misunderstand, maybe you are American and used it in Victoria?

Thanks.

Yes, I'm an American. I used the credit card accidently while in Victoria during an Alaskan cruise on HAL.

We'll be back in that beautiful city 90 days from today.

I wish you a wonderful cruise on the Zuiderdam. We were on her last January as it's a beautiful ship with a great crew.

Yes, I'm an American. I used the credit card accidently while in Victoria during an Alaskan cruise on HAL.

We'll be back in that beautiful city 90 days from today.

I wish you a wonderful cruise on the Zuiderdam. We were on her last January as it's a beautiful ship with a great crew.

Enjoy, I used to live in Victoria before we moved to Vancouver area. I hope you will have time to look around. If you need any info, I'll be glad to help.

Oostewegelatshawdotca

Guess we are the only ones who do not like the card. Had a problem with their customer service when we went to redeem the points and the rep was quite rude. We had to ask for a supervisor to get things straightened out. We were finally able to redeem all our points for our last cruise and have not used it since and have no further plans to use it. We much prefer our AA or United points cards.

Just used my HAL credit card on our recent Hawaii adventure. Four days out get a call from front desk. Said our credit card was no good and would not accept ship's charges. Was a HAL card, for heaven's sake!

Hmmm, this seems bad?:rolleyes: Maybe its just me?

ML

Just used my HAL credit card on our recent Hawaii adventure. Four days out get a call from front desk. Said our credit card was no good and would not accept ship's charges. Was a HAL card, for heaven's sake!

I hope you were able to get a fast resolution to the problem? :eek:

We're happy with ours, but as I said on another thread about the card, when we were in Europe last fall we had a problem. Even though I'd written and told them we would be out of the country and received an answer back thanking me for letting them know, our card was denied soon after getting to France. :eek:

After a collect phone call and waiting on hold forever, they did fix the problem, whew. I hope you didn't have too much trouble. The fact that you were on a HAL ship makes it even more absurd. Wasn't that the card you had to give them when you booked the cruise?

I do not have a HAL card, but thought we might apply for one while on the cruise coming up.

I think the bank is more responsible for those snafus than HAL. I always call ahead of the cruise to remind them I am going--though if they looked, they would see airfare, cruise, etc. on the cards, but that takes some processing.

Had any of you with problems using it, informed them before leaving home or did you just figure it was a HAL card and hit the road--an easy thing to do?

Archived