Running...where??

mercedes28

I am booked on the Golden Princess in May and will be finishing my training for a half marathon during the cruise. Does anyone know if this ship has a track to run on outside? Or how much does it cost to use the treadmills in the gym? Any advice or ideas of how others get runs in while cruising would be greatly appreciated :). My half marathon is the day after I get back from this cruise so I HAVE to finish my training while onboard. At least it will help me burn off some calories from all the free food I will be eating :D

I've been looking for the same information, as I am a marathon runner too (but not training for one soon, thankfully). When I've looked in the past I've NOT seen a jogging track, but then again haven't use that link before.

Anyone been on the Golden recently who would know for sure?! I'm not a treadmill runner either, if I don't have to be.

Thanks!

There is a track on your ship, It is very small, It will take a lot of loops to make a mile. If you choose to do your runs on it it will take effort to keep track of your laps.I took my garmin and that helped. I agree that running outside is better but we gave up and did our longer runs on the free treadmill. While on a cruise it can be interesting to have the ship move under you while running. You can also run in port. You will likely be in taper mode so perhaps not have the really long runs to do.

Enjoy A fellow Canadian

There is a jogging track, good luck, its very short, I think I'd go crazy even doing a few miles.

The etiquette in the gym on treadmill is I forget 30'... I think if you go very early or late generally there is less an issue with people lining up waiting.

I wonder how old that plan is, seeing that it does not take into account the sanctuary that the online plans have. If that is the case, there will not be a jogging track available on deck 16.

Not sure about other jogging tracks, but generally if you are walking or jogging outside on the Promenade deck on the Golden, there will be places where you have to go up stairs to deck 8 and then back down. Three laps around equals approx. a mile.

The treadmills are free to use, but try to go during non-peak hours if you want to go longer than 30 minutes. No passenger has more of a right than others to use the equipment, no matter the reason.

Archived