Midwest Gay Cruisers!!!!

stevesing121

• 2 weeks later...

My partner Jack and I thought we would not enjoy cruising due to the short time in port and the feeling of a sterile atmosphere. We did our first cruise in February and had a great time. The FOD meet and greet was about 15 people each night and made some great friends on board. Its now six months later and we are sailing on the 11/25 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam and looking forward to the sun and drinks. For those who have been to Roatan or Ocho Rios any recommendations?

Jack & Mark

Lincoln Square, Chicago IL

• 2 weeks later...
My partner Jack and I thought we would not enjoy cruising due to the short time in port and the feeling of a sterile atmosphere. We did our first cruise in February and had a great time. The FOD meet and greet was about 15 people each night and made some great friends on board. Its now six months later and we are sailing on the 11/25 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam and looking forward to the sun and drinks. For those who have been to Roatan or Ocho Rios any recommendations?

Jack & Mark

Lincoln Square, Chicago IL

I have never cruised to Ocho Rios but I did a land-based holiday in Jamaica in 2004. Ocho Rios is very nice and the Dunns River Falls is a must when in that area! However, Jamaica is not the most gay friendly place I have been (in fact it is probably the least). You will be fine when with a group (I never felt personally in danger due to being gay) but it is something to be aware of.

We will be stopping in Roatan on our March 2013 cruise. First time in Honduras and am very excited. Please post about it when you return (if you have a chance). :D

Have a wonderful trip!

My husband Newt & I are doing the new Celebrity Reflection TA on April 20, 2013 from Miami to Rome. Really looking forward to this cruise. Any other "family" going? Jim

Check in the gay and lesbian roll call section and see if one has been started, if not start one!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

"Check in the gay and lesbian roll call section and see if one has been started, if not start one!"

Hey KC Guys,

I did check that out and there is one, but I was the first post on it! Guess our "family" just doesn't post much. By the way my husband Newt and I also live in KC. We are by the Plaza. Maybe you guys could come over some time for a drink. We are really very new to the whole cruise & forum thing.

Jim

"Check in the gay and lesbian roll call section and see if one has been started, if not start one!"

Hey KC Guys,

I did check that out and there is one, but I was the first post on it! Guess our "family" just doesn't post much. By the way my husband Newt and I also live in KC. We are by the Plaza. Maybe you guys could come over some time for a drink. We are really very new to the whole cruise & forum thing.

Jim

May I ask where on the Plaza? We live on the West Side of the Plaza across from the Cancer Survivors Park!

"May I ask where on the Plaza? We live on the West Side of the Plaza across from the Cancer Survivors Park!"

Well, we live in the Atriums on the Plaza on the North side. It's on Walnut at 46th Street and South of the Kemper Museum.

I don't recognize the name but I do know where that is. We live at the Plaza House.

We are leaving in two weeks for our next cruise and there currently only one other couple beside us in our roll call.

The Atriums on the Plaza was designed by Moshe Safdie who also did the West End (too bad half of it was torn down) and the Kauffman Center. Our complex is quite unique.

We are very familar with the West Edge since we are just a half block from it. They started the initial construction of it right after I moved in here before I met my partner, also named Cory. We have witnessed the demolition of it and then the reconstruction of the new building.

We have been to the Kaufman Performing Arts once. We saw the Heartland Men's Chorus!

Scott

We are very familar with the West Edge since we are just a half block from it. They started the initial construction of it right after I moved in here before I met my partner, also named Cory. We have witnessed the demolition of it and then the reconstruction of the new building.

We have been to the Kaufman Performing Arts once. We saw the Heartland Men's Chorus!

Scott

We are non-singing members of HMC. My name is actually Jim and kansascory comes from when I lived in Kansas and from my last name. Please e-mail me at jimcorrick@me.com. It would be great to meet you guys and talk about cruising (that's really funny in our community)!

We are non-singing members of HMC. My name is actually Jim and kansascory comes from when I lived in Kansas and from my last name. Please e-mail me at jimcorrick@me.com. It would be great to meet you guys and talk about cruising (that's really funny in our community)!

OK. . . I will send you an email tomorrow!

Hello,

We are two long time couples from Madison, WI (one over 30 years, one approaching 30 years) that love going on cruises. We are going on the Celebrity Equinox on 12/31/12 this year. Have about 15 cruises under our belt. Often travel together, but have also done many cruises with others. Highlights were China, Australia, from Brazil to Barcelona and around South America.

Paul & Tom, Brad & Pat

Hello,

We are two long time couples from Madison, WI (one over 30 years, one approaching 30 years) that love going on cruises. We are going on the Celebrity Equinox on 12/31/12 this year. Have about 15 cruises under our belt. Often travel together, but have also done many cruises with others. Highlights were China, Australia, from Brazil to Barcelona and around South America.

Paul & Tom, Brad & Pat

So you guys are thirty years old, or have been together thirty years?

My partner & I are going on the HAL Nieuw Amsterdam whis weekend 12/2/12! We are avid Cruisers!. Most on Carnival, then HAL, then NCL. From Wichita, Kansas. Flying in the day before to stay in Ft Lauderdale. Have taken many cruises out of that port. Like visiting an old friend...

My partner & I are going on the HAL Nieuw Amsterdam whis weekend 12/2/12! We are avid Cruisers!. Most on Carnival, then HAL, then NCL. From Wichita, Kansas. Flying in the day before to stay in Ft Lauderdale. Have taken many cruises out of that port. Like visiting an old friend...

I used to live in Wichita, but left in 1980. After your cruise, if you are in the KC area, please stop by for a visit.

I was born and raised in Topeka; went to Emporia State and lived in Salina for two years. Had been to Our Fantasy, South Forty, Totos, I think it was called the Brass Rail; and Circle Cinema. Now, all that probably dates me!

Our next cruise is on the new Celebrity Reflection from Miami to Rome in April. We are staying a couple of days prior at the Worthington Alcazar Resort in Fort Lauderdale. Have you ever been there?

Our next cruise is on the new Celebrity Reflection from Miami to Rome in April. We are staying a couple of days prior at the Worthington Alcazar Resort in Fort Lauderdale. Have you ever been there?

We have never stayed at the Worthington but we have at the Coral Reef and we enjoyed it.

Archived