Midwest Gay Cruisers!!!!

stevesing121

Hi, I'm from Mpls and I just finished a caribbean cruise!! (my first)....it was mostly older people on it, but I'm looking into a singles or gay cruise!

Do you have any recommendations...? I heard carnival is good for singles' and younger people.

Hi, I'm from Mpls and I just finished a caribbean cruise!! (my first)....it was mostly older people on it, but I'm looking into a singles or gay cruise!

Do you have any recommendations...? I heard carnival is good for singles' and younger people.

Hi Kendog,

I've done several Aquafest Group Cruises. The age range varies based on the type of cruise. Generally you will see folks in their late 30's and up. The actual ages really do depend on the length of the cruise. The longer the cruise, the older the ages skew. I went on an eleven day cruise last fall. Most of the people were in their 40s and up.

Also, the type of cruise will either bring out or not bring out the party people. The group cruises tend to be smaller and more relaxed with less heavy partying. The Aquafest Halloween "Event" is much larger, with usually 400 or so people and the ages of the group do tend to skew a bit younger with this cruise.

During the Halloween Cruise, there is a differently themed Aquafest Party each night, with other activities and gatherings during the day. The normal Aquafest Sea Day begins at 9:00 AM with a Coffee gathering and may end at 4:00 AM with a Themed Dance Party. On Port days, the party may end earlier, perhaps around midnight to 1:00 AM so people can get some rest prior to their shore excursion. They often do have recommended or private excursions available.

The overall feel to an Aquafest Group is one of a common spirit of inclusion and NOT exclusion, and the people on these cruises generally have zero attitude. Additionally, the Aquafest people go out of their way to make sure that you feel a welcomed part of their activities.

There prices also tend to be a bit lower than all gay cruises or other group cruises. Try doing a google search for aquafestcruises and check out their website.

I hope this info helps you in your decision making process.

Hi all. I'm new to the boards, from Michigan (north of Detroit). I love to cruise and have finally talked my partner into sailing with me for his first cruise.

My next trip is on the Oasis of the Seas in April. Our trip is on Disney's Magic in October.

(Sparty On!)

Sounds great! Guess you guys don't need the beverage packages with the free cocktails & wine tastings. We are thinking about doing the classic beverage package but it's very expensive on a 16 day cruise. This is a TA cruise on 4/20 (a lot of sea days) so it could drive you to drink a lot.

kansascory, are you going the NCL Epic for that TA? If so - we'll see you there!

Cate! and Laurie

tscateh!

kansascory, are you going the NCL Epic for that TA? If so - we'll see you there!

Cate! and Laurie

tscateh!

Our TA cruise embarkation is the same as yours, but our ship is the Celebrity Reflection out of Miami. We make two stops in the Canary Islands, then on to Barcelona, Toulon, France, Florence & then Rome. It's a 16 night one & we thought it was cheap. Now with all the tours, stays in Ft Lauderdale & Rome etc., I'm not so sure about that! Anyway, sorry we will not see you guys, but I do hope there are many "Friends of Dorothy" both on your ship & ours!

• 1 month later...
Although I live in California now, I am a hoosier by birth (born in Indianapolis). My partner and I are going on our first cruise in just three days! any tips?

Hey Phil, I am a native of Indy as well. Without details of which ship and where you guys are going, I will only address things to pack.

First of all, pack a power strip. There generally is only one power outlet in your cabin. If you are taking camera, mp3 or 4 player, cell phones, etc, you will soon be tussling over the outlet. Some folks also take an extension cord, but I've never found a need for one.

I would also pack a nightlight. If you or your partner are prone to getting up in the night for a quick potty break, there are no good ways to find your way to the bathroom without turning on overhead lights.

I usually pack a few gallon sized ziploc bags. These are good for packing wet clothes or swimsuits. They're also good for putting sandy things such as water shoes or tote bags. Another good use for them is to put moisturizer or sunscreen in them inside your packed suitcase.

I would also pack an extra backpack or tote bag. An extra bag is good for taking things to the beach or if your steamer trunks exceeds weight limit on the way home from souvenirs and such, the backpack will help with reducing the weight in your checked bags.

Perhaps a pad of post it notes and a couple of ball point pens as well.

These are a few things I always pack. Hope your first cruise brings you some new and happy memories!

My hubby & I (30 & 34) are going on the Celebrity Constellation leaving from Miami tomorrow for a 4 day western Caribbean cruise. We are from Indy and I can speak for both of us when I say that we're ready to get out of this freezing weather and step onto the beach.

Archived