Midwest Gay Cruisers!!!!

stevesing121

I'm from Minneapolis also. I'm loyal to Royal at this point, but trying my first Celebrity cruise on the Reflection in February. Love the automatic Elite status on Celebrity since I'm Diamond on RCCL.

Obviously, we're loyal to Royal as well. We're used to the "Royal treatment" and would find it difficult to switch. We've been on Celebrity twice, as our status transferred automatically. But, the lounge hours are only 5-7 instead of 5-830 like on RCCL. We'd like to try Celebrity again sometime (Solstice class, hopefully), but with 16 more RCCL cruises booked, it will be difficult to squeeze one in! LOL.

Peter and Jim

My partner and I just booked and will seen you there. Why not plan to look for one and other at the first LBGT meeting. They are usually in the Martini bar but should be posted on the board at the front desk probably the second day of the cruise.

More Twin Cities folks here - my partner and I do an annual Caribbean cruise with my mother (usually on Princess), and this April we're doing our first TA on the NCL Epic from Miami to Barcelona! Can't wait.

Cate!

My partner and I just booked and will seen you there. Why not plan to look for one and other at the first LBGT meeting. They are usually in the Martini bar but should be posted on the board at the front desk probably the second day of the cruise.

Sounds good to me Have always liked the Martini Bar (But the Molecular Bar is a lot of fun too.)

MIKE :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. Atlanta, GA here but my partner and I did go to school in the mid-west. I (Hans) went to Missouri State in Springfield and my partner Brett went to KSU. As you can see we love to cruise. Hope to see you all on a ship soon!

Hans and Brett

We're from Toledo(originally from Michigan). Surprising my Partner with our first cruise on 12/08/2013 on the Norwegian Jewel. I'm really excited I think he will too. Neither of us have been out of the country(well we've been to Canada but when you live in Michigan that doesn't count!).

Sounds good. Looking forward to meeting you onboard

MIKE

Partner and I from Columbus Ohio will be cruising on On Celebrity Equinox departing 2/22/13. Anyone else going to be on board?

We'll be there too. Looking forward to seeing you soon at the LBGT meeting the location of which is usually posted on the board at the main desk.

Sounds good. Looking forward to meeting you onboard

MIKE

Mike,

Let's try to communicate where it should be easier. Try keith_fl_nc1 at yahoo and we'll use usual methods. This site isn't easy.

Keith

Hi guys, we are from the Midwest (Kansas City) and loved cruising so much that we moved to Florida. Is anyone going on the 2/11/13 Equinox Ultimate Caribbean? We have great benefits (elite) so we continue to cruise with Celebrity( and Cunard). Hopefully more LGTB folks will be going on our cruise. We just learned that the norovirus is rampant on our ship at the present time, however we hope it will be contained by next week!

Ann and Rebecca

Hi Ann and Rebecca,

We used to live in Boynton Beach but sold a few years ago. We will be down in Ft. Lauderdale a few days in advance of the cruise. Perhaps we might meet ahead of the cruise. You can contact me at keith_fl_nc1 at yahoo if you would like to. It's much easier than this method. We are Elite members as well with a 8:30 dinner seating. We will definitely be at cocktails in advance of dinner. We're glad you will bet there too.

Hi guys, we are from the Midwest (Kansas City) and loved cruising so much that we moved to Florida. Is anyone going on the 2/11/13 Equinox Ultimate Caribbean? We have great benefits (elite) so we continue to cruise with Celebrity( and Cunard). Hopefully more LGTB folks will be going on our cruise. We just learned that the norovirus is rampant on our ship at the present time, however we hope it will be contained by next week!

Ann and Rebecca

Sorry you left KC, we still love it here. But as we may get more into cruising, your new location would be very convenient. I've been on several cruises (different lines) so not that familiar with the "elite" status. If you don't mind me asking, what are the benefits? Jim (kansascory)

Sorry you left KC, we still love it here. But as we may get more into cruising, your new location would be very convenient. I've been on several cruises (different lines) so not that familiar with the "elite" status. If you don't mind me asking, what are the benefits? Jim (kansascory)

Hi Jim, our elite benefits include a free bag of laundry, Internet, concierge lounge with free cocktails each afternoon and invitation to free wine tastings. Nice perks! And yes, our location is convenient to the port!

Hi Jim, our elite benefits include a free bag of laundry, Internet, concierge lounge with free cocktails each afternoon and invitation to free wine tastings. Nice perks! And yes, our location is convenient to the port!

Sounds great! Guess you guys don't need the beverage packages with the free cocktails & wine tastings. We are thinking about doing the classic beverage package but it's very expensive on a 16 day cruise. This is a TA cruise on 4/20 (a lot of sea days) so it could drive you to drink a lot.

Sounds great! Guess you guys don't need the beverage packages with the free cocktails & wine tastings. We are thinking about doing the classic beverage package but it's very expensive on a 16 day cruise. This is a TA cruise on 4/20 (a lot of sea days) so it could drive you to drink a lot.

Oh, your TA sounds great! The drink package does sound expensive. We are jumping on the tail end of a Cunard world cruise. We join it in Ft Lauderdale on 3/27, head to New York and then on to London. Can't wait. We love the formal nights on Cunard!

Oh, your TA sounds great! The drink package does sound expensive. We are jumping on the tail end of a Cunard world cruise. We join it in Ft Lauderdale on 3/27, head to New York and then on to London. Can't wait. We love the formal nights on Cunard!

Your cruise sounds fabulous! My husband Newt & I also love the formal nights and we have four I think on our TA. We have a concierge class stateroom, but don't think that includes any free cocktails.

Have just scheduled my next cruise. This time I will be traveling alone this time as my now former partner and I chose to split.

Will be traveling with the Aquafest crew on the Norwegian Jewel. The cruise leaves New Orleans on 10/27/13 for a Western Caribbean Cruise. I've already been in all of the ports two to three times, but time and cost are just right for me.

I'm really looking forward to my first solo vacation in a few years! :)

Archived