Walkie Talkies?

cwnhokie

We are taking our first cruise with our kids in two weeks. I think I've seen families using walkie talkies on cruises. Does this work well? Any tips? I was just thinking if they were in Adventure Ocean and wanted to be picked up it would be a good way for them to contact us.

Depending on the age of your kids, AO may give you some form of pager so you can be contacted.

Personally, my kids would not have wanted to lug around a walkie-talkie....it would have been missing within hours!

It's really not as difficult as you think to stay in touch and know where the rest of your party is....even tho the ship LOOKS big, the public areas are fairly limited, and you will tend to go to the same places over and over.

If you do decide on walkie-talkies...yes...you can get a set of 4.

I think Adventure Ocean is still using DECT phones- they're like cell phones or like your cordless phone at home and they only work on board. You can always stop in and check on your little ones. Not knowing their ages I have to say we took cell phones for the longest time and although they were excellent motorolas with many different bands and channels, it never worked perfectly! Again, depending on their age and responsibility level and understanding how to use walkie talkies effectively, it might not work. if you're concerned they might not be enjoying the AO program, peek in a few times the first day or morning they are there. Most likely they will be having a wonderful time!

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived