Royal Lahaina Laua

lenorjen

I will be in port Lahaina Maui overnight in May and want to do a Luau at the Royal Lahiana Resort.... tour operators do not provide a shuttle ...I believe it is a 10min walk....is this the case or would I need a taxi from the port and if so what would be approx cost...any help would be appreciated...cheers Jenny

I will be in port Lahaina Maui overnight in May and want to do a Luau at the Royal Lahiana Resort.... tour operators do not provide a shuttle ...I believe it is a 10min walk....is this the case or would I need a taxi from the port and if so what would be approx cost...any help would be appreciated...cheers Jenny

The Royal Lahaina Luau is actually in Ka'anapali & not in Lahaina & is much further than a 10 minute walk. I've never walked between Lahaina & Ka'anapali but it's closer to a 10 minute ride so at least a 30-45 minute walk depending upon how fast you go.

Here's a link that shows taxi cab rates from Lahaina which shows about $20 to Ka'anapali where the Royal Lahaina luau is located.

http://lahainataxiservice.com/maui_taxi_rates

The Old Lahaina Luau is the top rated luau in Hawaii & is about half the distance as the RL luau. I don't know what the price difference would be but for the most authentic Hawaiian luau the OLL is the best. For those who enjoy fire dancers, etc from other Polynesian cultures, then most of the other luaus will provide that also. I'm not trying to judge which is mo bettah for anyone, just pointing out some of the differences. ;)

Have a great time in Lahaina...a fun, easy to walk experience! :D

The Royal Lahaina Luau is actually in Ka'anapali & not in Lahaina & is much further than a 10 minute walk. I've never walked between Lahaina & Ka'anapali but it's closer to a 10 minute ride so at least a 30-45 minute walk depending upon how fast you go.

Here's a link that shows taxi cab rates from Lahaina which shows about $20 to Ka'anapali where the Royal Lahaina luau is located.

http://lahainataxiservice.com/maui_taxi_rates

The Old Lahaina Luau is the top rated luau in Hawaii & is about half the distance as the RL luau. I don't know what the price difference would be but for the most authentic Hawaiian luau the OLL is the best. For those who enjoy fire dancers, etc from other Polynesian cultures, then most of the other luaus will provide that also. I'm not trying to judge which is mo bettah for anyone, just pointing out some of the differences. ;)

Have a great time in Lahaina...a fun, easy to walk experience! :D

Hi there...

Thank you for your help with this one......I actually contacted the Royal Lahaina direct who said it was a 10min walk...I had been to Lahaina before and from memory I thought it was further...so will re-look at all my options...

Cheers

Hi there...

Thank you for your help with this one......I actually contacted the Royal Lahaina direct who said it was a 10min walk...I had been to Lahaina before and from memory I thought it was further...so will re-look at all my options...

Cheers

Someone at the Royal Lahaina is confused. ;)

Good luck with your plans & have a great vacation. :)

The Hawaii Visitor's Bureau may have some useful info:

http://www.gohawaii.com

Archived