Medical Insurance

Hi All it looks like we will have to Cancel Januarys Cruise due to Wife medical prescreening for Angina which is give us a price of £600 anyone know of any really good Medical insurance for persons with pre-existing conditions.

Sorry can't help specifically - but have you tried the British Heart Foundation site? They may have some suggestions. Best of luck - and best wishes to your wife too.

Dependent on age (under 80) M & S premium credit card offer worldwide travel insurance free to all card holders (spouse + family under 18), there are some exclusions but my father who also has Angina is covered on this policy. The card does attract at £15 per month charge but this was still cheaper than an annual package elsewhere for him and my mother.

Prior to that he insured through Saga who where also competitive. Good luck with finding cover

Hi All it looks like we will have to Cancel Januarys Cruise due to Wife medical prescreening for Angina which is give us a price of £600 anyone know of any really good Medical insurance for persons with pre-existing conditions.

We are very lucky and have a very good policy through my husbands work.

Because it it is a special deal it is at a very good rate. I have angina and high blood pressure and have to take 4 different tablets, we are not charged any extra. I have recently had a knee operation and went on a cruise just 9 weeks after, I informed the insurance company before booking and was told if your Consultant says you are fit to travel you are insured. They are also very good at paying out if there is a problem. I don't know how much it will be (can't see it being £600:eek: though) but think it might be worth giving them a try it's aceeurope.co.uk. Good luck I hope you get sorted.

Hi we managed to get annual insurance with Worldwide Travel insurance, their number is 01892 833338. My husband had a kidney transplant 11 years ago and although he's in very good good health now we struggled to get holiday insurance. We used to be insured through M & S through their Premium club but they decided they wouldn't insure him anymore. He's certainly fitter now after having the transplant but it's so difficult trying to convince insurance companies of this. I'd give them a try anyway.

Hope you wife is ok. Good luck

My mam and dad also have Age UK because once they reached 80 it was hard to get insurance elsewhere. Even when my dad had cancer they covered him. I'm sorry I don't know the premiums but it definitely was no where near the £600 mark.

My DH has asthma and type 2 diabetes and high cholestral. I have high BP. high Cholestral and because of a car accident 5 years ago I have chronic lower back pain. We are covered with our NatWest Credit Card, but we have to pay a premium of £150 per year for annual worldwide travel insurance. We think it's worth it.

Hi all many thanks for the replys my wife had her heart attack 30 years ago and only Angina she takes the blood pressure pills and anti-Cholesterol pills too. Shes walks 2 miles a day with the dog and has not had any pains for about 10 years. I think it,s a bit of overkill by the insurance company. I have now decided to shop around wish me luck lol.

My husband has several pre existing conditions and a couple of years ago we nearly gave up trying to get insurance but finally found a company that gave a very fair quote and have been with them ever since - company is called World First - they do have a web site but can't remember the web address but I'm sure it will come up if you google it.

Hi all many thanks for the replys my wife had her heart attack 30 years ago and only Angina she takes the blood pressure pills and anti-Cholesterol pills too. Shes walks 2 miles a day with the dog and has not had any pains for about 10 years. I think it,s a bit of overkill by the insurance company. I have now decided to shop around wish me luck lol.

I've just remembered that I copied some recommendations from some time ago when this question was raised. It obviously won't be up-to-date unlike the information you've had from other members onthis thread - but it may throw up some other companies - should you need more.

Good luck with it though - we always hate chasing down insurance for house/car etc when it has to be renewed - that's bad enough but with youer health it's critical that you get it right. Let us know how you get on.

Here's the info:

Travel insurance recommendations:

I used intunegroup.co.uk this year for my annual insurance (my partner has a pre-existing medical condition). They were very helpful and reasonable priced. They provide insurance for the over 50's and have no upper age limit. All the profits go to Age Concern.

I also use Intune, who is really Liverpool Victoria who have been around for years. I found them very reasonable even with existing medical conditions for myself and DH.

You missed out manor insurance which was also recommended on this site....they found us a really good deal with Fortis ...annual worldwide with pre existing conditions both over 60 for 117 pounds!!!!!

The Daily Telegraph referred to World First www.world-first.co.uk as " it has become something of a saviour for older people with stable,controlled medical conditions seeking travel Insurance.What sets it apaart is its in depth risk analysis approach to medical secreening .. done by an in houseteam of 5 - this enables the insurer to give more competitive quotes"

Single trip up to 62 days - age limit presently 79 but company hopes to raise this to 99.

No I do not work for either ( telegraph or insurer ) of them !!

I use Age Concern's own insurance for my annual travel insurance. It seems that they charge a lower premium for pre existing conditions than others but recover their costs when a claim is made by having a larger amount that you first have to pay for the claim. This seems fairer to me as if you do have to make a claim - you pay a bit more but if you don't claim you get away with a lower premium. Hope this helps. Oh! And they have a higher age limit for annual insurance than most.

We in the past have used Preferential Fortis and Saga Insurance.

We have just taken out a Alliance & Leicester account that for £10 per month fives travel insurance up to 79 years, we extended it to 60 days for £22.60 and they were not interested in pre conditions!

M&S do a similar do a similar offer, but there is an unmovable maximum no days and they chare for pre conditions.

And Fred the Shred ex lot, RBS, also do a similar scheme.

An updated list looks like:

Alliance Leicester (they use Fortis)

allcleartravel.co.uk

Age Concern's

columbusdirect.co.uk

deltainsurance.co.uk

free-spirit.com

Fortis

getmy.com

globelink.co.uk

intunegroup.co.uk

Karmaininsurance.com

miaonline.co.uk

M&S

preferential Insurancestaysure.co.uk

RBS

staysure.co.uk

saga Insurance

travelbility.co.uk

travelinsured.co.uk (Incorporates Manor Insurance)

www.world-first.co.uk

I have not dealt with WORLDFIRST but kept the details for when my parents next go away - the last time they used marks and Spencers - my dad was 80 at the time. All you can do is give WorldFirst a chance to quote - the article in the Telegraph pointed out how much that person saved. Applicant was aged 77 with angina,high cholesterol and recently treated for skin cancer and paid £ 275 for a 3 week trip to USA.

Great News and thanks to all especially Calomax and Happy V who mentioned Age UK. They were Brilliant and very helpful we got WW cover for the OH for the Year for £191.00 Great result :D:D We are so pleased. Also Thanks to infoqueen and Kruzeeka for you very in-depth bits you have added and to all who showed so much interest as i think all of us who are in the best of health don,t realize that when we eventually health gets the better of us we may not be able to take Holidays like this due to cost. If you Happen to to be on the same Dream next Jan please seek us out!

Bryn and Sandra

Thanks Kruzeeka xx:)

my husband has type 2 diabetes angina high blood pressure,gout and high cholestural we have insured him the last two years with goodtogo insurance this years annual cover is for 70 pounds. they have no age limit and even cover terminal illness. if you also do it via a cashback internet site you get money back. hope this is helpful

my husband has type 2 diabetes angina high blood pressure,gout and high cholestural we have insured him the last two years with goodtogo insurance this years annual cover is for 70 pounds. they have no age limit and even cover terminal illness. if you also do it via a cashback internet site you get money back. hope this is helpful

Nice One will look on Quidco always handy for next year? Cheers all :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived