Steakhouse was WONDERFUL!

terri1020

POn our last cruise end Jan on Valor asked head chef of steakhouse what happened to the porterhouse.

Looked at me and said he thought it was because they could not get them to their satisfaction so they made changes.

If you believe that one have a slightly used bridge for sale.

EXACTLY! :cool:

I would like to know that too as we are sailing Saturday and have reservations for the steakhouse.

Katie. if you can/please take pictures or let me know. I have a group that we put all of our OBC for one nice dinner together. If the lobster is now a fail there will be some major dissapointment.

Its a sad day when people would rather have a soda card than a steakhouse dinner with their OBC.

we weren't sure about booking it but when the nice lady who was pushing the cart with the fresh steaks said we would also get free wine if we made a reservation for that night we thought...what the heck...and we loved it!!!:D so much that we also went the last night. :DThe chef sent out the cutest best tasting tiniest bite sized little burgers and soups for us to try as well. an extra delight to a fabulous experience. We tipped also because the service was outstanding. love the steakhouse! going on the Pride soon can't wait to try the steakhouse.

Katie. if you can/please take pictures or let me know. I have a group that we put all of our OBC for one nice dinner together. If the lobster is now a fail there will be some major dissapointment.

Its a sad day when people would rather have a soda card than a steakhouse dinner with their OBC.

FYI....We have NEVER had a meal in the Steakhouse/Supper Club that was a fail - and I usually order the lobster! ;) :D

Attached is a picture of what ours always looks like, one large tail - split down the middle - arranged around a sprig of rosemary on a potato/cheese disc and a couple of grilled tomatoes.

I don't think you will be dissapointed :cool:

lobster.jpg.6198741d7994fb57a786405d2777b048.jpg

We have already reserved ours for October...put in the request this morning and got a confirmation e-mail about 2 hours later!

We eat at them atleast once every cruise that has a steakhouse and we always enjoy it...although as Stu said, it is sad to see the porterhouse go, that was my favorite!

Did you make your reservation through John Heald's site or Carnival's? We sail pretty soon, and I made a reservation about a month ago through the carnival site, and I have not heard anything back yet.

Aww man....I was rooting for 'ya! ;) :D

Sorry. If that was my entire dinner might have managed it but the app and onion soup and sides did me in.

If it was anyplace else that steak goes home with me but not much point taking it back to our cabin.

Flat $30 and leave no cash tip???? really?? :eek: that just doesn't sound right

the $ 30 includes the tip. The problem is Carnival will not tell us how much of a tip is included but encourages us to tip more.

Always a sore point to me but must say that the two times we have eaten in the steakhouse we did add something to the bill.

Did you make your reservation through John Heald's site or Carnival's? We sail pretty soon, and I made a reservation about a month ago through the carnival site, and I have not heard anything back yet.

Same here, we are sailing on the Magic on 4/8. I made reservations through our booking site on Carnival's website. We have received no confirmation other than a message that said "an email has been sent on it's way" whatever that means. Is this usual? If not, any idea where to call to confirm reservation? This is our first Carnival Cruise. Thanks!:confused:

We are usually too full to "enjoy" them :o

We usually end up going with a group of four of us to the steakhouse. The trick is to order a dessert there (which we always go for the chocolate sampler). The other 3 desserts we ask for them to go. The cheesecake is awesome, and tastes even better when it's a midnight snack or sometime during the next day (especially when you're not so full!). We never purchase the drinks out of the fridge, so day 1 we ask for the room attendant to clear out the fridge in anticipation of our night or two at the steakhouse. :D

My husband is a big eater and although I'm not sure which steak he ordered, he couldn't finish his dinner and took just one bite of that giant sized slice of cheese cake for dessert. I had filet and lobster tail. It was a better tasting lobster tail than I'd had the previous night in the MDR. We tipped extra because the service and food were superior to most places we've eaten at. It was a nice diversion from the MDR and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Glad you had a good time. Not sure about going back ourselves. I loved the porterhouse steak

and my DW loved the giant lobster tail. With the porterhouse gone and, according to another thread, Carnival

substituting 2 of the surf N turf variety tails instead of one HUGE tail, we probably won't be back.

Too bad. :(

No more porterhouse in Carnival steakhouses?

I definitely wont try again then. The Ribeye I had was average at best and the service was amateur hour. I was hoping to try the porterhouse on my next chance adn not worry about the service. Oh well. I will have one waiting for me when I get off the ship then.

No more porterhouse in Carnival steakhouses?

I definitely wont try again then. The Ribeye I had was average at best and the service was amateur hour. I was hoping to try the porterhouse on my next chance adn not worry about the service. Oh well. I will have one waiting for me when I get off the ship then.

My husband got the ribeye too and it really was barely even "acceptable". He was so full though, so we didn't say anything. If we ever went back he was going to get the porterhouse as well, so much for that...... Will make me think twice 4 sure.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that it was totally worth the $30pp!

I agree 100% and I love having the option. My hope is CCL starts to offer more options like that because variety is good :)

If CCL wants to keep their base price low in order to fill ships, I totally understand that, but why not offer some ways for those of us that might like something a little nicer, to upgrade our experience???

It would be a win-win.....it's one of the numerous reasons I now prefer NCL. Options.

I agree 100% and I love having the option. My hope is CCL starts to offer more options like that because variety is good :)

If CCL wants to keep their base price low in order to fill ships, I totally understand that, but why not offer some ways for those of us that might like something a little nicer, to upgrade our experience???

It would be a win-win.....it's one of the numerous reasons I now prefer NCL. Options.

Seems like that is what is happening....they've had the Supper Club - which became the Steahouse forever and even the Chef's Table has been around a while.

But now on the Magic and soon on the Breeze there is the Italian restaurant, Red Frog and the Blue Iguana (on the Breeze) - all offering food at a minimal fee in addition to the MDR, Lido, Deli, etc.

Options....options....options.... ;) :D

Archived