Steakhouse was WONDERFUL!

terri1020

Prior to our Feb. 5 Pride cruise, I don't remember reading much about the steak house. We went on our second sea day and were very surprised at the quality of the food, service and general overall experience. It was WONDERFUL and exceeded our expectations. The steak was so tender that we cut it with our forks!

Anyway, I just wanted to say that it was totally worth the $30pp!

We have already reserved ours for October...put in the request this morning and got a confirmation e-mail about 2 hours later!

We eat at them atleast once every cruise that has a steakhouse and we always enjoy it...although as Stu said, it is sad to see the porterhouse go, that was my favorite!

Dh and I love it so much we are going twice on our upcoming cruise.

Strangely enough that's why we booked the upcoming cruise :p. Dh said the other day "you know what I am craving? The steakhouse! We should book a cruise!". Well of course my heart went pitter-pat and I had that cruise booked faster than you can imagine! I didn't want the mood to pass and for him to change his mind :). You have got to strike while the iron is hot!!!!

Prior to our Feb. 5 Pride cruise, I don't remember reading much about the steak house. We went on our second sea day and were very surprised at the quality of the food, service and general overall experience. It was WONDERFUL and exceeded our expectations. The steak was so tender that we cut it with out forks!

Anyway, I just wanted to say that it was totally worth the $30pp!

We LOVE the Steakhouse (formally the Supper Club) - and try to do it AT LEAST once each cruise.

It is an extra special experience and we REALLY enjoy it! ;) :D

Glad you had a good time. Not sure about going back ourselves. I loved the porterhouse steak

and my DW loved the giant lobster tail. With the porterhouse gone and, according to another thread, Carnival

substituting 2 of the surf N turf variety tails instead of one HUGE tail, we probably won't be back.

Too bad. :(

We went to the Steakhouse on the Magic for Valentines Day - it was ok. The best steak I had was at the Italian Restaurant the second time we went (had carbonara the first time)- and they only charge $12 :-)

Glad you had a good time. Not sure about going back ourselves. I loved the porterhouse steak

and my DW loved the giant lobster tail. With the porterhouse gone and, according to another thread, Carnival

substituting 2 of the surf N turf variety tails instead of one HUGE tail, we probably won't be back.

Too bad. :(

Is that now fleet wide, I would like to see a pic of how bad it is. I thought it was a one time isolated incident.

Bummer

Is that now fleet wide, I would like to see a pic of how bad it is. I thought it was a one time isolated incident.

Bummer

I would like to know that too as we are sailing Saturday and have reservations for the steakhouse.

Golfadj,

Did you eat the whole Porterhouse? I ask that because your pic doesn't look like you could eat it all, but hey, if you did, more power to you.

Dh and I love it so much we are going twice on our upcoming cruise.

Strangely enough that's why we booked the upcoming cruise :p. Dh said the other day "you know what I am craving? The steakhouse! We should book a cruise!". Well of course my heart went pitter-pat and I had that cruise booked faster than you can imagine! I didn't want the mood to pass and for him to change his mind :). You have got to strike while the iron is hot!!!!

Love that story! I know what you mean...my DH is kinda all cruised out right now (so I'm cruising with my mom this year), so when the day comes that he says he wants to go on another cruise...I'm booking faster than you can say 'bon voyage'.

I've never done the steakhouse(even though we've booked it a couple times and cancelled) and keep thinking about it for the 1st night of my April cruise. Not sure if I want to save that money for DODs though. Do you still get a free bottle of wine the 1st night?

Love that story! I know what you mean...my DH is kinda all cruised out right now (so I'm cruising with my mom this year), so when the day comes that he says he wants to go on another cruise...I'm booking faster than you can say 'bon voyage'.

I've never done the steakhouse(even though we've booked it a couple times and cancelled) and keep thinking about it for the 1st night of my April cruise. Not sure if I want to save that money for DODs though.

Do it- it's soooooo worth it!!! I would take the steakhouse over DOD's any day!! And I looooooooooove my drinks :p. Also- if you go the first night you get a free bottle of wine- so it's the best of both worlds!!!

I am always looking at cruises so when he said the words I was ready! I don't think he even finished his sentence ;).

Porterhouse was taken away and replaced with a "Cowboy Steak" or "Prime Rib Chop" it was called in January. DH absolutely LOVED it- LOVED it!!!

Do it- it's soooooo worth it!!! I would take the steakhouse over DOD's any day!! And I looooooooooove my drinks :p. Also- if you go the first night you get a free bottle of wine- so it's the best of both worlds!!!

I am always looking at cruises so when he said the words I was ready! I don't think he even finished his sentence ;).

Porterhouse was taken away and replaced with a "Cowboy Steak" or "Prime Rib Chop" it was called in January. DH absolutely LOVED it- LOVED it!!!

That's me too. I have a running list of cruises I'd like to take, so at any given time I could book ;).

I am making steakhouse resies now. :D

I would like to know that too as we are sailing Saturday and have reservations for the steakhouse.

Golfadj,

Did you eat the whole Porterhouse? I ask that because your pic doesn't look like you could eat it all, but hey, if you did, more power to you.

Nope it won both times, ate maybe 2/3.

POn our last cruise end Jan on Valor asked head chef of steakhouse what happened to the porterhouse.

Looked at me and said he thought it was because they could not get them to their satisfaction so they made changes.

If you believe that one have a slightly used bridge for sale.

Archived