where does the 3rd person sleep?

rachl143

Hello Fellow CCL cruisers...I leave on the Triumph in less than 30 days and my DH says I am a little obsessed, but after going over the reservations again: we have 2 rooms (one balcony for 2 and an inside for 3) and comparing their locations on the deck plans I noticed that the inside room says it only sleeps 2 people. So where does the third person sleep or did our PVP make a mistake. We are on deck 7 room 7359 if that helps. Thanks for the help.

Hmm your right, that room does not have any symbols indicating that there are uppers. And when you hover over it, it says max occupancy is 2. I don't know anything about the roll away beds...but boy it seems that would be cramped! Maybe give your PVP a call? Maybe you could be switched to a room with uppers if available?

Thank you for the quick responses. I booked the two rooms at separate times so the balcony should not be considered for the occupancy but I figured Carnivals computer would catch it if the room can not hold that many adults. I will call and find out. Thank you all very much. It does seem very tight for an inside room with 3 people if there is no couch or upper bunk.

On the balcony?

JK, is it possible that the Balcony room was intended to sleep three?

Cabin 7359 4F 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king / trundle bed

View: no window or balcony

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; 3-closets; shower; chair and coffee table.

Thank you very much for the description! That is much better than what I could find.

Anyone ever slept on a trundle bed aka the floor :confused:

thank you beccabecca1713 too!

Cabin 7359 4F 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king / trundle bed

View: no window or balcony

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; 3-closets; shower; chair and coffee table.

Thank you very much for the description! That is much better than what I could find.

Anyone ever slept on a trundle bed aka the floor :confused:

thank you beccabecca1713 too!

The Trundle bed is the smallest of all choices, and is acceptable for a child (not teenager). It is smaller both width and lenght. I believe it should sleep someone smaller than say 48 inches. It's basically a mattress on a floor.

The Trundle bed is the smallest of all choices, and is acceptable for a child (not teenager). It is smaller both width and lenght. I believe it should sleep someone smaller than say 48 inches. It's basically a mattress on a floor.

Really need to call then because the bed is supposed to be for an adult. Thank you

I would be upset with my PVP if she booked me into a cabin with a trundle and didnt say anything to me. Im glad I have a great PVP.

Definetely should have mentioned it you.. but you too should have checked while you were booking it on the deck plans, no symbol for a extra bed, its either a rollaway or trundle.

I would ask for a rollaway from your cabin steward as soon as you meet as the trundle sounds too small. Just make sure he knows you need a rollaway.

When we were on the Triumph last summer, we had three in our cabin which was rated for 2, and they gave us a trundle. It was more than large enough for my 15-year-old daughter, who is 5'5". I tried it and thought it was very comfortable. When I made the reservation, the Carnival website told me that we would have a trundle, so it was no surprise.

I would be upset with my PVP if she booked me into a cabin with a trundle and didnt say anything to me. Im glad I have a great PVP.

Definetely should have mentioned it you.. but you too should have checked while you were booking it on the deck plans, no symbol for a extra bed, its either a rollaway or trundle.

I would ask for a rollaway from your cabin steward as soon as you meet as the trundle sounds too small. Just make sure he knows you need a rollaway.

I am very upset with my PVP. I hope to get a new one for future bookings. This was a last minute booking and I did ask about the 3rd bed when booking and he unhelpfully told me it would vary...that is when I turned to my new insightful friends on CC.

thanks for the help and I do wish it had a sofa...

I have ran into this same issue when booking a quad balcony. Most of them say 3 pax and then a pop-up comes up that says this cabin has a trundle bed. I have never booked a balcony for this reason. Too much money to have someone sleep on a trundle. They will fit under a bed so not too big.

Archived