Not So "LIVE" Allure of the Seas: TAKE 2

QTMichele

Michele, thank you for the information on Chankanaab. I'm going to try to get some information out of Brian, maybe I'll head over to FB and find him.......LOL

When I have time I will definitely read your first review about Allure. Just don't have the time now and I want to be able to go thru it slowly and enjoy every bit of it. Thanks for the great review.

Patty

No problem! Good luck finding Brian - he's keeping a low cover. He needs to finish his review. :) ;)

You'll need a lot of time if you're going to read my first Allure review! LOL

Take care!

Thanks for the wonderful review- i'm appreciative that folks like you take the time and effort to put it together!

So quick question for you...we are book on Indep next winter. A 6-day cruise (aft balcony cabin) for our family of 4 (kids never cruised before) was 1/2 the price as a 7-day cruise on Allure (regular balcony cabin). Which would you do? I thought I was settled with IOS, but gosh, I think the kids would realllly enjoy all the extra bells and whistles on Allure. Any thoughts?

Thanks again!

Michele,

Thanks for sharing your cruise with us. I know this has benefits for you but BIG TIME BENEFITS for us.

Very nice - thank you!

Thanks for the wonderful review- i'm appreciative that folks like you take the time and effort to put it together!

So quick question for you...we are book on Indep next winter. A 6-day cruise (aft balcony cabin) for our family of 4 (kids never cruised before) was 1/2 the price as a 7-day cruise on Allure (regular balcony cabin). Which would you do? I thought I was settled with IOS, but gosh, I think the kids would realllly enjoy all the extra bells and whistles on Allure. Any thoughts?

Thanks again!

Thank you too! I appreciate all the nice compliments. :)

Well, for some, money is not an object, but it is for us. Half the price is a lot of money spent or saved so you'll really need to consider that. The Freedom class is wonderful, and offers many amenities similar to the Oasis Class. The kids - and YOU - will have a great time! On the other hand, after experiencing Allure with my family, I cannot say enough about how much FUN we had. I can honestly say, it was one of the best vacations we've ever had. However, it cost a lot of money, and we were only in ocean view rooms. Was it worth it? For us, yes, but the next time we do an Oasis class ship, we'll likely go because we found the deal of the century, have enough Visa points to redeem at least a free cruise for 2, or someone else is going to pay for it. ;)

So, after all that, yes, I recommend the Oasis class, and I think it's just about perfect for families, but it comes at a price. If that's affordable for you, then go for it. But, don't be disappointed if you can't spend the extra money right now because the Freedom Class is pretty special too. :)

Hope my rambling helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for this review!!!! i cannot wait to take my hubby on her!!! im going to be suprising him with this cruise to! he has no idea! :o but it has to be in 2015 when he is out of the Army thats the sad part :( But thanks to you i cant wait and I love the review!

There is so much good information with your photo reviews. :)

Thanks!!! :)

Thank you so much for this review!!!! i cannot wait to take my hubby on her!!! im going to be suprising him with this cruise to! he has no idea! :o but it has to be in 2015 when he is out of the Army thats the sad part :( But thanks to you i cant wait and I love the review!

Oh, wow - you have a wait, but it will be so worth it!!!! Thank you for your family's sacrifice. I appreciate you!!!

Love the reviews Michele, couldnt wait for this one too, awesome

Thanks so much!

I also cannot believe i didnt say congrats for your sister and new brother in law. Must have made for an even more amazing cruise.

It WAS an amazing cruise with amazing people! I couldn't believe how great this vacation was, and can't wait to cruise with my extended family again (this November!!!). Thank you for your well wishes.

Thanks for this wonderful travel journal. You have inspired me to do the same on my next cruise in Sept.

GREAT!!! I really hope you write a "review" of your cruise - I love reading them, as do so many CCers. Glad I could inspire you. :D

Hi Michelle. I tried posting this on the Private Islan Forum and didn't get much of an answer. I know towels are provided in the cabanas, but how many? All the pictures I see have two towels, but there will be 6 of us. Should we bring some from the ship?

Hi Michelle. I tried posting this on the Private Islan Forum and didn't get much of an answer. I know towels are provided in the cabanas, but how many? All the pictures I see have two towels, but there will be 6 of us. Should we bring some from the ship?

Hi, Maggie. I think there were 6 towels in the cabana... I may be off by one. You should get a confirmation call the night before Labadee - confirm with them how many you get. You may even be able to request more (doubt it, but maybe?!). Of course, you can always bring extra from the ship. :)

hi, maggie. I think there were 6 towels in the cabana... I may be off by one. You should get a confirmation call the night before labadee - confirm with them how many you get. You may even be able to request more (doubt it, but maybe?!). Of course, you can always bring extra from the ship. :)

thanks!!!!

thanks!!!!

You're welcome!

I was thinking of getting a group of friends to go on the Allure,:o now I know for sure I am going. Was on Oasis, now I gotta go on Allure.

Big thanks for all the excitement.:)

Allure is AWESOME with a group of friends! So glad you took the plunge. :)

I can't believe I'm just now reading this review. OMGoodness, what an awesome cruise you must have had. I feel like I was there with you. And the suprise--wow. I'm a weepy mess. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us! I hope that you're planning to do a review of the Liberty. I'm still sad that we had to cancel, but I'll get to experience it vicariously through you. ;)

I can't believe I'm just now reading this review. OMGoodness, what an awesome cruise you must have had. I feel like I was there with you. And the suprise--wow. I'm a weepy mess. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us! I hope that you're planning to do a review of the Liberty. I'm still sad that we had to cancel, but I'll get to experience it vicariously through you. ;)

Thanks for reading! I think it's great when it pops back up after a few months hiatus... brings back the memories for me. :)

I'm disappointed with you that you won't be joining us in November... I'll probably write a review for that one as well - I enjoy doing them. It's a new ship for me, and I'll be able to compare it with Freedom, pre-Oasisizing.

Take care!

Loved your picture of the Allure in port next to the Mariner. My first and only 7 night cruise was on the inaugral sailing of the Mariner of the Seas back in 2003 to the Western Caribbean. So it was neat to see the comparission. I am not a big fan of 7 night cruises, I'd rather take two short sailings a year personally. But, with the Allure I figured it was time to try it again. :)

Thanks for your review. ;)

Loved your picture of the Allure in port next to the Mariner. My first and only 7 night cruise was on the inaugral sailing of the Mariner of the Seas back in 2003 to the Western Caribbean. So it was neat to see the comparission. I am not a big fan of 7 night cruises, I'd rather take two short sailings a year personally. But, with the Allure I figured it was time to try it again. :)

Thanks for your review. ;)

Mariner was my first cruise too - it was great seeing the two ships together. :) I hope you get to compare the two ships first hand - so many similarities, yet so very different. I love them both!

Mariner was my first cruise too - it was great seeing the two ships together. :) I hope you get to compare the two ships first hand - so many similarities, yet so very different. I love them both!

We were on the Mariner in March and will be on the Allure on June 3. The ships were both in port at the same time. We waited through a huge security line to get back to the ship in Cozumel. Is this common? We went on the Cozumel Bar Hop (highly recommend) and made it back and through the line to get on the ship by the skin of our teeth!

We were on the Mariner in March and will be on the Allure on June 3. The ships were both in port at the same time. We waited through a huge security line to get back to the ship in Cozumel. Is this common? We went on the Cozumel Bar Hop (highly recommend) and made it back and through the line to get on the ship by the skin of our teeth!

It was when I was there. They had us form two lines, one for each ship. I believe Mariner leaves first. Their line was MUCH worse.

I am NOW Diamond. I was Emerald on Allure. I looked in the Diamond Lounge and it looked nice. Can't say much else.

I have been in the Concierge Lounge on the Oasis for Chef's Table. It's magnificent and has an amazing view of the Boardwalk.

It wasn't a huge line for us; although, we did have to wait 5 or 10 minutes. I would guess that this would depend upon the time you return along with other factors.

I am NOW Diamond. I was Emerald on Allure. I looked in the Diamond Lounge and it looked nice. Can't say much else.

I have been in the Concierge Lounge on the Oasis for Chef's Table. It's magnificent and has an amazing view of the Boardwalk.

I will be platinum after our Monarch cruise in July!!! How many more cruises do I need for diamond. (That is a rhetorical question - I don't need to be discouraged.)

Archived