NY Metro Area LGBT Cruisers

paulypride

I should be free!

Other options would be Posh (51st & 9th) or Therapy (52nd & 8th) as they usually don't get too busy until later. Therapy is quieter on the second floor, but Posh may get a bit rowdy - it's been a while since I've been to either.

Should we each bring our cruise slide shows? :p

Love the idea of meeting others and sharing experiences! We would actually like to extend the use of our apartment for such a gathering if need be. The idea of doing it at a bar would make it harder to have conversations and could end up being more "smaller groupings". We live at 28th & 2nd, so hoping that is not too difficult for most of you. You may wonder why we would offer this to complete strangers? Our answer....why not! You're only a stranger until you say hello or shake a hand. Just need to know by a show of hands (or emails) how many would seriously consider this then we can zero in on a date/time. Saturday's (anytime from a late afternoon to evening) would be preferred but could do Friday after 6:00. Hope to get some interest in this, if not...we'll belly up to the bar with the rest of ya soon!

Partner and I would love to join, but we usually have plays on Fri and Sat, so Posh or Therapy would be a lot more convenient for us. We wouldnt usually be able to make it over to 2nd Ave (unless it's on a Sun evening). Maybe we could start off on April 20 as someone suggested in Midtown, then plan the date of the next get together. Hopefully a Sunday might work for the folks who so generously offered their apartment?

We wouldn't usually be able to make it over to 2nd Ave (unless it's on a Sun evening).

I come in from CT, so I'm amused by those who consider getting across town an ordeal. :D As I've learned from trying to schedule a get together on another forum, one of the quickest ways to alienate people is to play the this date-is-good-for-me-but-not-this-date game. No single date, or location apparently, will work for everyone. I wouldn't be able to attend on April 20, for example, but if the host were to choose that date, I'd have to decline. No problem.

A method I use is to throw out four or five dates, and ask that people private message me with those that would and would not work. No reason necessary. Then pick the date when most people can come.

REALLY feel bad about this, but after some discussion, Scott & I think it might be better to have a first "meeting" at a neutral place as it looks like it might end up being smaller gatherings over the next few months before we all can get together. We still would LOVE to host a future "party" as we love to entertain and look forward to hearing/chatting about our experiences with others. Someone just say when and we're there! Once again, sorry for reneging on our offer to host the first get-together.

Jersey City here. Never sailed from Manhattan, but there is always a first time. When I take the PATH to or from Exchange Place, I always look in the direction of Red Hook to see if anything is docked there. That's a good indication that I am probably hooked on cruise ships/ocean liners. Have seen the QM2 there several times and the occasional Princess ship. I've even spent a couple of hours on the SI ferry around the time the QM2 sails and have often passed it on the way to sea.

No need to feel bad about it, Chuck. It was a very generous offer to make. Meeting in a neutral space will work too.

April 20th has been mentioned for a first meeting; location to be determined. :)

Just a suggestion...once a date/time/place has been determined for this meet-up, perhaps a new thread should be started with this info? The subject of this OP makes no mention of a get together, so others who might be interested may not be keeping up with this thread.

If we're in the area, my partner and I would be interested in meeting other cruisers. We're leaving on the Silhouette in two days for the Caribbean. We did the TA from Rome to Bayonne on this ship last October and really enjoyed it.

Just a suggestion...once a date/time/place has been determined for this meet-up, perhaps a new thread should be started with this info? The subject of this OP makes no mention of a get together, so others who might be interested may not be keeping up with this thread.

If we're in the area, my partner and I would be interested in meeting other cruisers. We're leaving on the Silhouette in two days for the Caribbean. We did the TA from Rome to Bayonne on this ship last October and really enjoyed it.

Good idea :) Would you be back by April 20?

Good idea :) Would you be back by April 20?

We'll be back on April 10 and could plan on being back in the city the weekend of April 20, if that is the agreed upon date. Hope it all comes together.

Heads-up, the meet-up got moved to the Roll Call portion of the board, where I don't think it will get much attention, but we'll see...

I don't think it will get much attention there either. I sent CC an email suggesting that it be moved back to this forum. Let's see if they agree...

Oh, good, I am not the only one! LOL

2980772470102790654S425x425Q85.jpg

LOL, no, you aren't. Actually, I have gotten some pretty good pictures of the QM2 from the ferry. One was my wallpaper on my phone until I changed phones. Actually, the first time I ever took the ferry to get QM2 pics, unbeknownst to me, she was on a gay transatlantic charter. The QM2, not the SI ferry. Even more interesting (to me, I guess), one of the passengers on QM2 ended up being a future boyfriend!

LOL, no, you aren't. Actually, I have gotten some pretty good pictures of the QM2 from the ferry. One was my wallpaper on my phone until I changed phones. Actually, the first time I ever took the ferry to get QM2 pics, unbeknownst to me, she was on a gay transatlantic charter. The QM2, not the SI ferry. Even more interesting (to me, I guess), one of the passengers on QM2 ended up being a future boyfriend!

That must have been RSVP in 2007. I wasn't on that one. Still regret not doing it. :( They won't charter that again, it did not sell out. Not enough ports of call and sunny weather for the guys :D

Apologies for delay in responding - am in Chicago on business. Chuck and Scott - thank you for your original offer - that was very gracious - I will look forward to meeting you two.

I had suggested the date of April 20 originally. I posted on the roll call suggestions of Lily's at the Roger Smith on Lex bet 47 and 48, Therapy (upstairs - that was a good suggestion by someone) or Uncle Charlie's.

Thoughts?