NY Metro Area LGBT Cruisers

paulypride

That must have been RSVP in 2007. I wasn't on that one. Still regret not doing it. :( They won't charter that again, it did not sell out. Not enough ports of call and sunny weather for the guys :D

I'm not sure if the QM2 would sell out on a gay charter anywhere.

We're native New Yorkers as well. Myself born and raised in Manhattan and my wife born and raised in Brooklyn. We currently reside in the Bronx, but everything we do is in Manhattan. In 2004 we discovered cruising after my wife (still my girlfriend at the time) on a whim walked us into a travel agency and booked us a 4 day weekend cruise on Carnival's Imagination to Key West & Cozumel. With bad weather we could not dock in Key West but visiting Paradise Beach in Cozumel was just that, paradise. Even with it being an older ship (it's been upgraded since) we fell in love and have been cruising when we can ever since.

We love cruising so much that this past July we were married on the Norwegian Jewel on embarkment day right out of our home port of NYC. We then sailed with family and friends right after the ceremony. It was a wonderful wedding and a great week indeed.

Our next cruise will be this August again with family and friends, and this time on Carnival Miracle. We are already looking ahead to 2013 and want to sail Norwegian Breakaway. My ultimate experience would be to finally board the Oasis of the Seas. If I can get the time off we may squeeze that in for 2013 as well. :D

Saw some support for Uncle Charlie's, so let's go there - it's gay, in Midtown, very close to Grand Central and the theater district, and has lots of space.

Uncle Charlie's - 139 East 45th Street (north side of street between Lex and 3rd, 2nd floor)

It's been mostly men on here, but want to emphasize it's LGBT, and bring your LGBT-friendly cruisemates as well!

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

- Frank

Hi Dana and Sharine -

Your wedding photos are so lovely! You both look so happy in the pictures. I can't think of a better place to get married than a ship.

I hope to meet you on the 20th - it will be great to hear your story in person.:)

Saw some support for Uncle Charlie's, so let's go there - it's gay, in Midtown, very close to Grand Central and the theater district, and has lots of space.

Uncle Charlie's - 139 East 45th Street (north side of street between Lex and 3rd, 2nd floor)

It's been mostly men on here, but want to emphasize it's LGBT, and bring your LGBT-friendly cruisemates as well!

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

- Frank

OK, let's do it! :D

Just read through this interesting thread courtesy of Cornus who copied it to me. Have been on many crossings and cruises, mainly Cunard, including a full world cruise in 2007 on QE2.

My first ship was Italian Lines' Raffaello, crossing to Italy and back for a college summer program in the mid 70's.

If I am back in the city on the 20th, I plan on joining the group.

6 PM - 8 PM sounds great then. Let's be sure the info is posted on the other board. Peter - thank you for the name tags - I can be terrible trying to remember names, especially so many at once!

Add to remembering names - trying to tie a name and a face to a Cruise Critic ID. :D

Partner and I will do our best to make it there. Will just depend on what time we can wrap up work, since we have to be back in West Midtown at 7:30. If for some reason we end up not being able to join this time, will look forward to the next get together!

Partner and I will do our best to make it there. Will just depend on what time we can wrap up work, since we have to be back in West Midtown at 7:30. If for some reason we end up not being able to join this time, will look forward to the next get together!

What play are you seeing? Do you work on Broadway or just enjoy seeing plays often?

AtillatheFun, we just enjoy seeing plays. And since we're only up in NYC for a long weekend about once every 3 weeks, we have to make the most of it. Usually see 3-4 plays each time we're up. On 4/20, we'll be seeing Evita.

What about you? Do you enjoy plays as well? We're also big on eating out, so love restaurant suggestions/opinions from others who enjoy eating out as well.

What about you? Do you enjoy plays as well? We're also big on eating out, so love restaurant suggestions/opinions from others who enjoy eating out as well.

Hope to go to a show that night too...will check the TKTS board before heading over for the meet-up. I'm sure I'll find tkts for something I haven't seen yet.

A few of our favorite restaurants in the theater area are LeRivage on 46th, Becco which is right across the street from LeRivage, and Saigon48 on 48th St.

AtillatheFun, we just enjoy seeing plays. And since we're only up in NYC for a long weekend about once every 3 weeks, we have to make the most of it. Usually see 3-4 plays each time we're up. On 4/20, we'll be seeing Evita.

We just saw Evita last Saturday! I loved it, but we had the understudy for Eva, who performs on Wednesday and Saturday matinee. I've read scathing reviews of the normal lead though and I thought the understudy did a very good job. Ricky Martin does a fine job, though he's a bit too smiley through the whole thing...

For theater district, I recommend Becco as well. They have some nice pastas and are known for their deal where you get an appetizer and as much of 3 daily types of pasta as you'd like. If you're over in Hell's Kitchen, I really like the restaurant Hell's Kitchen, which is refined Mexican.

We're regular theater goers, on average 2 a month. For newer shows, we've seen Evita (very good), Jesus Christ Superstar (very good), Ghost (surprisingly good), End of the Rainbow (Tony winning performance I hope), and seeing Newsies next month just because it's probably going to win best musical. For other shows we've seen in the past year and highly recommend...Priscilla, Sister Act, Book of Mormon (good luck getting tickets!) Anything Goes, How to Succeed..... Hope this helps!