Q about past guest booking and price drops

stressedmomof3

Hi again-

this is such a great forum to be on as you all are so very knowledgable and helpful.

This is my first time booking as a past guest rate for a cruise in 2013.

My question is: When booking as a past guest and you see a price drop- do you submit it on the Early Saver price drop form?( or do you have to call?) I booked it myself online so no TA or PVP to call for me.

Oh and also- do you compare what I paid as a past guest to only past guest fares or can I compare it against the Early Saver fares and fun select that is showing for my category too?

Thanks again- I have only booked Early Savers in the past and unsure how the price drop thing works when booked under past guest.:confused:

You can't go toe to toe with ES unless you are ES. But if you see a PG rate fall below what you paid and you haven't paid in full yet, just call Carnival and they should deduct the difference.

Once you pass your payment deadline, then you can no longer get anything.

You arent even eligable for an upgrade?

I booked past guest this year for a cruise in April and the price dropped after my final payment. I had to call and the PVP had to get approval from a supervisor but they did upgrade my room (no refund or OBC available)! I was happy!

You can't go toe to toe with ES unless you are ES. But if you see a PG rate fall below what you paid and you haven't paid in full yet, just call Carnival and they should deduct the difference.

Once you pass your payment deadline, then you can no longer get anything.

OP could also compare to other rates, such as resident or senior rates and price match up until final payment.

Archived