Us $$

MissKIA

:eek: Many places surrounding America might but the rest of the world does have, and use, its own currency and expects visitors to do the same.

I'm well aware of that. That's why I said MOST contries in the world. You may not get a great exchange rate, but if you show up no a hotel with american hundred dollar bills, almost all will accept it as payment (after making sure it's real). I'm not trying to degrade any other currency, but the fact is that most other countries $ is based on US or Euro as a baking.

And as far as the Wester Hemisphere, like I said, I have never known any country to decline US $. Again, if you are staying any amount of time you'd want to exchange so you get a half decent rate.

How many places in the states accept foreign currency? What would the response be if one consumed a meal or taxi ride then offered other than US $?

I know in Maine, most places year accept Canadian currency, although of course they give a really crappy exchange rate. Even at our toll booths on the turn-pike there is a little sign 'canadian $ discounted 20%'.:)

Archived