OBC, S&S, Soda Card, Kids pass.....

cobianlover

On Board Credit... can be purchased or earned various ways...

Sail & Sign... it's your onboard method of payment for ANYTHING on board... could be linked to a credit card, debit card or backed with cash.

Soda Card... Carnival calls this program Bottomless Bubbles. For a fee, folks can enjoy all of the soft drinks they want... one fixed price! There's one for kids and one for those 18 and over...

:)

So On Board Credit and the Sail & Sign card are NOT the same thing? Are these "cards" all purchased when you board the ship or can they be taken care of when a cruise is booked?

Onboard credit is money to spend on your cruise .. credit. Its not a card.

The S&S card is what you use to unlock your door, or to buy stuff.

The soda card is expensive, $6 a day plus 15% tips .. so you have to really be a big soda drinker to buy one. I like the free lemonaide myself. $4.50 for kids.

The sign and sail card is not purchased. It's just a way for Carnival to keep track of all you spend. It is also your room key and your ticket on and off the ship. When the cruise is done, you will be charged for what is owed on the card. You can make advance payments on the card to keep from receiving a big shock at the end of the cruise. If you make more payments that what you use, you will receive a check from Carnival on the last day of the cruise.

I think you have to purchase the soda card when on the ship. The card will be charged to your sign and sail card. (actually, they just put a sticker on your sign and sail card) My sister always gets one. Since I only drink about one soda a day, they're not worthwhile for me.

So On Board Credit and the Sail & Sign card are NOT the same thing? Are these "cards" all purchased when you board the ship or can they be taken care of when a cruise is booked?

Your "On Board Credit" will be applied towards the charges made on your S&S card. Think of it like a pre-paid credit card... you apply money (on board credit) to the card (S&S) to make future purchases. However, unlike a pre-paid, you can charge more than what you put on there which you would receive a bill for at the end of the cruise.

Archived