FOS Formal Nights- Which one is "more formal"

Flopthis25

There really are no degrees of "formality"....most folks will wear their tightest clothes the 1st formal night, as many tend to pick up a few pounds! The Captain's cocktail party is usually the 1st night, so many will try to look their best for that event. Both nights are formal!

Thanks for your response. We will be celebrating our 10th Anniv on board. I have several dresses packed, but one is absolutely stunning. We plan on taking as many pictures as we can that night and try to get some pics taken on the helipad.

Our experience on Freedom was that both nights were equally dressy but more people participated on the first formal night. In addition to the Captain's party, I think there are two reasons for this. One is that people are generally more excited to dress up early on in their vacation. Second, I think less people participate on the second night because they saw some people that didn't dress up on the first night and now realize that they won't be that guy or gal that's the only one who didn't dress up. Well, that's my theory :)

Archived