Advice on Booking a Group Cruise???

stacycakes1

So I am coordinating a group cruise with a bunch of my friends on carnival and was wondering if anyone had any advice as to how to go about this so we are all together during dinner.

I called carnival and asked about them booking us as a group but then we don't get the early saver prices that are available.

Is it possible to book everyone seperately and then have them put us together for dinner? Not sure what the best approach would be here.

Also, any other tips on booking a group on a cruise. There will be 15 to 20 people going....

It's best to let everyone book their own arrangements...and then, LINK the booking numbers. That way, they'll make sure you're seated together at dinner. I don't recommend anyone but a travel agent book things for other people....too many variables and someone (guaranteed!) will be unhappy with something...you don't want it to be your fault. If everyone books their own stuff....it's all on them!

Linking the booking numbers makes you into a "group" of sorts...not to get a group rate, but to be recognized as part of the same "party". After everyone has booked, get their reservation numbers, call Carnival, and have them "linked".

So I am coordinating a group cruise with a bunch of my friends on carnival and was wondering if anyone had any advice as to how to go about this so we are all together during dinner.

I called carnival and asked about them booking us as a group but then we don't get the early saver prices that are available.

Is it possible to book everyone seperately and then have them put us together for dinner? Not sure what the best approach would be here.

Also, any other tips on booking a group on a cruise. There will be 15 to 20 people going....

On Royal Caribbean you can link each other's reservation #'s. BUT the tables only seat up to 12, I believe. I would book separately then go to the dining room when you board and ask to be seated as near to each other as possible. Check to see if you can link your ressies.

It's best to let everyone book their own arrangements...and then, LINK the booking numbers. That way, they'll make sure you're seated together at dinner. I don't recommend anyone but a travel agent book things for other people....too many variables and someone (guaranteed!) will be unhappy with something...you don't want it to be your fault. If everyone books their own stuff....it's all on them!

Linking the booking numbers makes you into a "group" of sorts...not to get a group rate, but to be recognized as part of the same "party". After everyone has booked, get their reservation numbers, call Carnival, and have them "linked".

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for. Everyone will be booking in the next month or so on there own and then I can just call and link us together. I know that we may not all be able to sit at the same table but was hoping they would put us in the same section at least.

Thank again for your help everyone:)

Ditto the above.

OP, when you call Carnival to link the dining reservations be sure to make special request for adjoining tables in large enough number to accomodate your whole group. If you wait until you get to the ship, it could be too late. Table assignments are made before we all board but some do get juggled once aboard. It is much easier to have it done the way you want it to begin with.

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for. Everyone will be booking in the next month or so on there own and then I can just call and link us together. I know that we may not all be able to sit at the same table but was hoping they would put us in the same section at least.

Thank again for your help everyone:)

Get a good TA. The TA will take care of everything .... linking the reservations and getting tables right next to each other. Also, a good TA will get you tables with window/ocean view.

Give everyone the TA's contact info, and let them call the TA.

Also, for 8 cabins you should get one free passage. The TA can take this into account, and spread that savings out, issue on board credit, etc.

I have used a TA for booking group cruises and I recommend you use one. The TA can block (hold) cabins for several weeks or even months if you start the process early (at least 9 months before the cruise). And you often can get one free passenger for ever 8 or 10 cabins (cruise fare only, still have to pay taxes and port charges). The TA makes sure everyone's bookings are linked. I recommend fixed-time dining (if available -- for example NCL does not have fixed time dining.) Fixed-time dining makes it easier for everyone in the group to sit together, I think. Plus the theater shows at night are scheduled around fixed-time dining. And you don't collect the money. Really neither does the TA. My credit cards always show the actual cruise line for charges, not the TA. We cannot talk about nor recommend specific TAs, but there are many good ones (and some not-so-good). Probably best to use one that has been in business for 10 or more years.

Archived