Have you ever stayed at Best Miami Hotel

dja31705

You might want to read some of the tripadvisor reviews. :eek:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34646-d88534-Reviews-Best_Miami_Hotel-South_Miami_Florida.html

Looks to be in an out of the way location, too.

Wow! Doesn't look good :eek: and I just read the first 3 reviews. I would say look somewhere else

Wow! Doesn't look good :eek: and I just read the first 3 reviews. I would say look somewhere else

Read Review #4 :eek:

"We booked this hotel just because of the free shuttle service from the airport and from the hotel to the Port of Miami, We called to get the shuttle and was told the shuttle was broke down and we were on our own, we were 4 women in Miami did not know who to trust, so I had made reservations with a shuttle service to take us from the Port of Miami to Airport upon our return, they were great and picked us up at Airport to take us to Best Miami Hotel but cost $60, which the hotel would not pay nothing on. We were told we had shuttle to take us to Port of Miami one day the next there was no shuttle, we did end up getting their shuttle, everyone on the shuttle to Port of Miami complained of the same problem."

I booked this room for one night before our first cruise in November 2009 for myself and two DS - ages 12 & 14. It was rated 2 1/2 stars. I had read that the hotel was close to the port and had a free shuttle, which is why I booked it.

We arrived at the hotel around 1:30am due to a delayed flight. The lobby smelled musty and the elevator smelled like pee. Our first room had NO chain lock or deadbolt, only a bedroom door type lock. There was a 2" gap under the door. There was mold on the bathroom wall. We went down to the front desk and demanded a new room. The person wanted to verify that there was a problem with the room...so we took him up to show him. We got another room...by this time it was about 2:30am. If it wasn't so late we would have gone someplace else. The next room had locks...but the only light that worked in the room was the bathroom. The TV only had one channel that wasn't complete snow. Didn't matter at this point. No mold (that we could see) and the door locked. The boys slept...I sat up in a chair and read all night.

Totally disgusting. Nasty Dirty! Should be condemed!

I stayed at LaQuinta Airport East last month. Its on 3501 S Le Jeune Rd Miami, FL 33142.

Free shuttle from airport to hotel, free shuttle from hotel to Port. Parking is free if you need to leave your car. There is free breakfast in the morning. We stayed on the 2nd floor...airport noise was no bother...room was clean and beds super comfy. Very reasonably priced too! Here is the review I put in Trip Advisor:

We had no problems with this hotel.

I knew before hand that we were only taking carry on luggage on the flight and would have no rental car to go shopping. So beforehand, I mailed my "non-flyables" sun blocks, shampoos, and large liquids I could not take on a plane. The front desk had my package when I got there.

So first, the shuttle. We used the courtesy phone at the airport and had maybe a 20 minute wait. Not bad! I also called at noon that day to reserve a spot on the shuttle to the port the next day as per a suggestion here on another review.

Next, check in. Took about 5 minutes. The front desk girls were very friendly. If you are using a AAA discount take your card. They do ask for it.

We were on the 2nd floor. Room was very clean and fresh smelling as was the bathroom. A/C had the room nice and cool and the beds were really comfy. Loved the soft comforters on them. The A/C made enough "white noise" that the airplanes were a non issue. There was a soda machine down the hall by the elevators, also an ice machine. We did not use the pool.

Dinner we went across the parking lot to Bennigans. Now since the gratuities are built into your check is probably why the service is so/so. We did have a little bit of a wait. We had nowhere to be though. I can say our food was very good. I had the appetizer sampler and my daughter had a bacon cheese burger w/fries. Portions were big and it was delicious.

We did get the pizza flyers under our door, looked over them and the prices were very reasonable. I think we paid about $35 at Bennigans, that was our 2 meals, sodas w/refills plus tip.

Breakfast the next morning was adequate. Hey, its free! Waffles you make yourself, cold cereals, fruit, yogurts, bagels and breads, boiled eggs and instant oatmeal. Coffee/tea, milks and juices. Fine to tide you over.

Check out was easy. They slipped the bill under your door in the morning and you just called the front desk if the bill is as its suppose to be..

Shuttle to the port was ontime picking us up. There was a race in downtown Miami that day which made traffic a nightmare so the shuttle was scheduled for 8:45 am. A 20 minute ride turned into an hour and a half but was no fault of the hotel or the driver. He even warned us before we left that traffic was horrible and we sat downtown in 1 spot for an hour. Only reason Im mentioning this is you might want to make sure there are no races the day you go!

This hotel was a good value, was very clean, staff friendly and I would absolutely stay here pre cruise again!

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Value

Sleep Quality

Rooms

Cleanliness

Service

Less

This was a great hotel and I wish I had their beds and bedding. Was wonderful!

Archived