Price Drops!

djr88

Just wondering how everyone else is doing? We have had a total of 5 drops for a nice OBC of $450. Cruising 8 night Southern Caribbean in March. Booked ES rate way back in June, and now its paying off. I check the fare viewer several times a day. Red box says 29 days. :D

On our 8K bowling alley balcony on the Pride for May, we got 200 in price drops, and $240 in OBC so far. We booked past guest rate, and booked thru a travel agent. We already made final payment to the travel agent, although final payment to the cruiseline is still 2 weeks away. I also got 150 OBC as a gift from the travel agent, and $100 for a future cruise certificate, and $100 OBC for owning stock. We will have a great time on this cruise!

Just wondering how everyone else is doing? We have had a total of 5 drops for a nice OBC of $450. Cruising 8 night Southern Caribbean in March. Booked ES rate way back in June, and now its paying off. I check the fare viewer several times a day. Red box says 29 days. :D

Would love to see a price drop, but our next cruise has gone up over $380 since we booked it. With 2 rooms booked glad we booked early - but keeping an eye on the price should it go down.

I'm cruising with 5 people in 2 adjoining rooms, early saver for 11/5/12. What's the best way to check for price reductions for me? I know the base OV rate was $289 when I booked, but I'm main deck mid ship so I have a bit of a room premium. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You can check the Carnival Fare Viewer. That is what I do. I am guessing that is the best way, but don't know for sure!

We have had one price drop for our cruise in September, it was only $10 LOL.

How can I check to see how I originally booked? I cruise in 35 days and booked about a year ago, so I don't remember what option I took when I originally booked. I checked the prices along the way (thanks to this site) and it was over $100 up since I booked, but today it's only $14 up from when I booked. I would love to have some OBC to drink away.

We are an exteded balcony. 8J. One of those bowling alley balconies. First time with one of those, cant waits as I hear they are fantastic.

We loved that balcony :)

188826_10150423923030174_864255173_17681587_6218048_n.jpg

That was room 6232 on the Legend

So far our next cruise price hasnt budged, but we're still 55 days out so who knows :rolleyes:

We loved that balcony :)

188826_10150423923030174_864255173_17681587_6218048_n.jpg

That was room 6232 on the Legend

So far our next cruise price hasnt budged, but we're still 55 days out so who knows :rolleyes:

We are room 6232 on Miracle. I have seen pics of it, and cant wait. We have had 5 drops since the New Years. I check Carnival Fare Viewer several times a day. 29 days out...wonder if it will drop anymore.

How do you find out if your price drops? We went through a travel agancy, do they credit our on board account? Thanks in advance for any info.

this is something to be discussed with your TA before you book. Some TAs have change fees, for instance $25 pp for any price drops they process. Since it cuts into their commission, some will drag their heels.

You need to pretend to book the same cruise and then contact your TA, as you gave up control over your booking to use the TA, so I hope you got some huge perks to give up control. Some TAs can be a pain in the neck. you could have put in for your own price drops if you booked direct.

All rates give price drops until final payment, but only ES after final payment, so you also need to know what rate you booked.

Booked ES in October for April. Have had 6 price drops on my balcony and 3 on my inside. Anywhere from $10 to $60 each time.

It's the Dream which is a newer ship although some people have mixed feelings on it. On the booking screen it appears there are still at least 30+ balconies open and tons of front/aft inside cabins. I know that's somewhat inaccurate because of the guarantees. But still - makes me wonder why this cruise isn't selling:confused:

I know other people say they never get drops or their price has risen. I consider myself very lucky.

Nope! :mad:

Ours has gone up $70pp since we booked. But I will keep checking, hopefully will get something by October.

Jenn

*and we are not sailing on the Oasis in October. Just haven't changed that in my signature since we decided on a different cruise closer to home so we could drive instead of fly. Airfare is just outrageous.

Archived