What's Up with Star

CruzR887

Just looked into Star from Chile to LA March 10th 2013 and everything but insides are sold out already! However all dining options are available. I know the prices are good, but it seems unusual for booking that have been available a short time.

By the way the Princess rep says there doesn't appear to a large group booking,

and even if there was wouldn't at least one of the dining options be unavailable?

What do think?

That cruise also has another leg prior to the Chile boarding. It becomes

a 30 day and starts in Buenos Aires (Argentina). So maybe lots of the cabins are spoken for because of that. Or Princess is offering the cabins only as the 30 day and won't release additional cabins until that portion is booked.

It isn't unusual for a ship to be booked so far in advance. We are booked South America (three legs), similar itinerary but ends in San Francisco, starts in Ft. Lauderdale Jan 2013. We booked last May2011 and the ship has been pretty much sold out on all legs of trip since last summer. The waiting list over 500 people.

Just looked into Star from Chile to LA March 10th 2013 and everything but insides are sold out already! However all dining options are available. I know the prices are good, but it seems unusual for booking that have been available a short time.

By the way the Princess rep says there doesn't appear to a large group booking,

and even if there was wouldn't at least one of the dining options be unavailable?

What do think?

I'm sailing on the Star this Sat....... Valparaiso, Chile to San Fran and I booked it Dec,2010. It's been sold out totally for the last 6 months.

Some cabins come available as people change their minds etc. Just keep watching and I'm sure something will come up. Don't know about the dining options as I always book anytime.

Don't know about the cabin situation, but I booked the Star this week for April 3, 2012 (just over a month away) and got early traditional dining confirmed when I did. I thought that was strange, as you usually can't get that after the first few weeks, but I'm not complaining.

We just got back from a Star cruise in South America and we were both thinking how nice it would be to avoid the long plane ride home and cruise back to the US. We also checked and saw that in 2013, there are some cabins available for the longer cruise from Buenos Aires to LA or San Francisco, but noticed that they show as sold out on the shorter leg from Santiago. Princess is probably hoping for folks to book the longer trip, and perhaps they will release cabins from Santiago if that doesn't happen.

Archived