Med more dressy than Carib?

abenaki

Short quick answer is not at all, dress is pretty much the same, maybe you don't see as many bathing suits because almost everyone is ashore every day, but evening dress, at least for us was the same. I did not see any ties when we were in the Med and the only jackets that i saw were to ward off the chill.

I agree with ZQvol that it is dressy casual. Did see more sport coats at dinner (with no ties of course) but then, I carry a sport coat to use when dinner is in the Dining Room even in the Caribbean. Just my style.:eek: Overall, there is a slightly less casual vibe in the Med IMHO.:D

Just chiming in to agree with the others. My wife and I have been on 2 Med, 1 Baltic and 2 Caribbean sailings on SD (see I have stopped even using the words "cruise" or "cruising" to refer to SD). I no longer bring a sport coat but do see more of them in Europe than in the Caribbean. Also agree though that in the main the dress at night is pretty much the same: dressy casual "resort wear" with folks a little dressier in Europe given ports and weather. Let's all make a pact "no ties and no tuxedos." We are looking forward to our sailings later this year in both the Med and Caribbean. Safe travels and smooth sailing for all.

Just chiming in to agree with the others. My wife and I have been on 2 Med, 1 Baltic and 2 Caribbean sailings on SD (see I have stopped even using the words "cruise" or "cruising" to refer to SD). I no longer bring a sport coat but do see more of them in Europe than in the Caribbean. Also agree though that in the main the dress at night is pretty much the same: dressy casual "resort wear" with folks a little dressier in Europe given ports and weather. Let's all make a pact "no ties and no tuxedos." We are looking forward to our sailings later this year in both the Med and Caribbean. Safe travels and smooth sailing for all.

I think you are safe not bothering with "ties and tuxedos" here.:D:D

Archived