Brochure price ???

barb1256

We have been cruising since 1975 and when looking at the prices in the brochure we always figured on the brochure price being higher than what we received when actually booking the cruise with the TA. This has always been the case.

We went Saturday to book our Allure cruise in August and was floored to see the actual price was actually several hundred higher than the brochure! We still booked and will keep an eye on any decreases, but it really disappointed us.

The TA explained that the price in the brochure is for the lowest cabin in the category at the lowest time of the year. Makes sense, but I swear it wasn't that way in the past. Alaska next year is beginning to look out of the question.

Tried a couple of TA's and prices were relatively the same.

Does anyone have any insight?

When we first started cruising we ended up booking HAL because we were within 6 months of sailing and at that time, once within the 6 month window you paid brochure prices and there no discounts on RCI. Then the fleets starting growing, then 9/11, then the fleets grew again and the world of pricing has changed.

You can always check the prices by going online to RCI's websiteand starting a reservation. Staterooms are categorized and the lowest price show is for the lowest stateroom option in that category. And yes, different weeks can run at different prices.

We booked 8/23 for an 8 night cruise. The 6 night cruise before and after us are priced higher for the same stateroom category. The week before tends to be the last week before many schools start and the week after is labor day weekend.

We have been cruising since 1975 and when looking at the prices in the brochure we always figured on the brochure price being higher than what we received when actually booking the cruise with the TA. This has always been the case.

We went Saturday to book our Allure cruise in August and was floored to see the actual price was actually several hundred higher than the brochure! We still booked and will keep an eye on any decreases, but it really disappointed us.

The TA explained that the price in the brochure is for the lowest cabin in the category at the lowest time of the year. Makes sense, but I swear it wasn't that way in the past. Alaska next year is beginning to look out of the question.

Tried a couple of TA's and prices were relatively the same.

Does anyone have any insight?

Exactly right. I looked in one of my old brochure books, I have a bunch:p this one from 05.

The 05 one has a list price and a value price for each and every cat.

My 2011 book just has a "starting" price for each group of cabins(suite,balcony,OV,Int.) without giving a breakdown. Yes, that price is for the lowest grade of cabin in each cat.

OP is correct , Brochure Prices didn't use to be the way they are now.

Now it's all "From" rates (cheapest category on the cheapest sailing).

It's always been "plus taxs" , but now it adds "plus possible fuel charge".

Brochure rates have always meant very little as better promo rates are always coming & going until sailing.

Archived