Still Loving the Sensation!

DaisyGirl55

I just returned from a weekend cruise on the Sensation 2/23 to 2/26. It was my 5th time on the ship, and it was great to be back on-board. Living near the port makes this weekender an easy choice to make for a quick and relaxing getaway.

The guys were all at the races for the weekend, so my girlfriend and I went on our annual girls only weekend. We splurged and stayed in the Penthouse suite, and spent a lot of time on our balcony just sitting, reading, and quietly talking as we looked out over the ocean.

The room is large, probably much more than we really need - but it all just added to the relaxing atmosphere of what we were looking for.

Our dining experiences were very good, and using ATD on a short cruise is the way to go as we never ate the same time all weekend. Food was delicious, served hot, and it was divine to just linger over coffee and dessert.

There was, as always, a good crowd on the ship. It is always fun to sit out by the pool and people watch, as the hard-working cruise staff keeps everyone laughing and enjoying their day. The music is nice to listen to by the pool, but for quiet times - you just can't beat the Serenity deck. Comfy chairs, 2 hot tubs, and pretty much a dedicated server for those times when a nice cool drink is desired.

We stayed on the ship in Nassau as we have been to the port many times, and our goal is to just rest and relax...not see the sights. I love a ship when most everyone is at the port. It has a feel to it that is just comfortable...like putting on a warm robe fresh from the dryer!

As Platinum cruisers, we took advantage of the priority embark and disembark...so no issues with that area at all.

The ship is showing her age of course...but so am I and people still want to be around me! ;) Even so, I would not hesitate to book this ship again. It may not have the bells and whistles that I found on the Dream, but for a nice weekend away...it fits the bill just fine!

I totally agree, the Sensation provides a great, short, cruise experience. My sister and her husband were on the same cruise and had a great time. They were chosen to participate in the Newlywed game show. It was her birthday and they were given the opportunity to be the first people to board which was a nice touch.

I love the rotisserie on the Sensation...the chicken is delicious!! And, the mashed potatos and mac & cheese mouth watering. They had the most delicious whole roasted turkey at the carving station one day on the Lido deck, wow!

Great ship, clean, lots of fun.

I was just on the Sensation in within the last few months and enjoyed it completely. I tempered my expectations because of the age of the ship, but always something to do and a generally fun crowd. I have a different set of expectations for my upcoming Liberty cruise because I want to see the Funship 2.0 upgrades, but I would sail Sensation again anytime.

Thanks for the positive words. I'm thinking of the 3-Day cruise for December. I'm waffling back and forth because of the mixed reviews. I generally don't care about the age of the ship, as long as it works. I'm not really into shows, gambling or partying. I just would like a few days to unwind, with someone else taking care of the cooking and cleaning. Just to sit on deck, with a book, or walk around, breathing fresh air. I'm really just afraid of hitting some bad weather on that last sea day :( But overall, I think I"m back in the "yes" column.

I'm so excited about the wonderful reviews. I'm taking my two DS (17 & 15) on the Sensation in June as a pre Family and Friend cruise on the Liberty. It will be a surprise for the boys. They know about the Liberty but not about the Sensation. We have only done larger ships...so I'm hoping they will have fun on this ship. I think my youngest will love the waterslides. My older son is to mature for that...at least in his mind. Gotta love teenagers.

I'm not concerned about the age of the ship. We are there to relax (at least I am). No cooking...no cleaning. The boys will make friends at Club O2. I'm assuming that there will be many kids onboard since it will be June.

Has anyone ever done 3 in an Oceanview on this ship? I'm curious about the bed situation. Will it be very cramped? What is the bunk configuration?

Thanks for your help.

Archived