South America Cruises... Gobsmaking Value !

bahrain_not_dubai!

I don't really know if this thread has a concrete point but just been looking at the prices for the Carnival Splendor South America cruises and... wow, I'm blown away.

That is an absloutly outstanding value... like incredible.

I wish I had time to take off in February and March 2013, if I did I bet you anything I'd be onboard.

I think as someone who has not really cruised Carnival, the value of their cruises really do much to make me drool!

I worked it out, it'd be $4,197 per person for FORTY EIGHT DAYS, Los Angeles-New York, around the entire South American continent, in an ocean view. That is... incredible ! People, that is 48 days.

Next time I'm stateside, I'll be sure to do a Carnival cruise, I wish they'd put a ship in South America in December.

Okay bye-bye ! All you folks are very lucky to have such great value on what seems to be a solid, fun product. Have been a fan of Carnival from afar for a very long time.

Thats how I booked my TA cruise to Hawaii. I got it for approx the same price as my 7 day cruise to Alaska. Alaska I paid approx the same as Allure, so its a little more $$ than a regular 7 day .. but Hawaii?? 15 days stopping at 5 islands.

My Hawaii cruise is a value like this .. a gobspanking value.

Thats how I booked my TA cruise to Hawaii. I got it for approx the same price as my 7 day cruise to Alaska. Alaska I paid approx the same as Allure, so its a little more $$ than a regular 7 day .. but Hawaii?? 15 days stopping at 5 islands.

My Hawaii cruise is a value like this .. a gobspanking value.

Sounds like a great trip, but I think it would be a TP-Trans Pacific!;)

Based on repositioning pricing I have seen does not seem like such a great value.

Ultimately this isn't a 12 night repositioning cruise from Barcelona to Miami- its an in depth, 48 night voyage of the entire South American continent. For example, Holland America is charging $8,849 per person for a cruise that doesn't even go half away around South America, and is 8 nights shorter than the aforementioned Carnival cruise.

Seabourn, although in a different league, is asking $16,186 per person for their 46 night South American tour, Oceania $9,199 per person (and that isn't an ocean view as quoted above).

P&O's Adonia is at $7,075 per person for 30 nights (18 entire nights less than CCL).

In fact, I can't find a single sailing with the pure value of CCL's cruise. As I said, this isn't one cruise, but three put together, USA-USA, with many interesting ports in between.

soooo agree. If I could be on this trip I sooo would, in an instant. I don't know how you could think it's not a great value, given the fact that it is not just a repositioning cruise with 8 days at sea and then 2 ports. It's stopping constantly. Then again...I would hate to see my S&S after tips and shore excursions haha

soooo agree. If I could be on this trip I sooo would, in an instant. I don't know how you could think it's not a great value, given the fact that it is not just a repositioning cruise with 8 days at sea and then 2 ports. It's stopping constantly. Then again...I would hate to see my S&S after tips and shore excursions haha

I seriously considered the last segment but way to many sea days and relatively few ports.

Do much better booking Caribbean and do not have to worry about one way air.

Archived