Fruit Supreme with Wine

mal1999

I've been thinking about ordering one of these, since we love eating fruit, and maybe it'll help not "munch" as much.

My question is, are these worth it to order, or is there plenty of fruit in the buffet dining rooms?

For me, especailly on excursion days, room service will probably be ordered, but I like Bananas!

The wine will get drank for sure, but thought it would be nice having room fruit.

Any thoughts?

I've been thinking about ordering one of these, since we love eating fruit, and maybe it'll help not "munch" as much.

My question is, are these worth it to order, or is there plenty of fruit in the buffet dining rooms?

For me, especailly on excursion days, room service will probably be ordered, but I like Bananas!

The wine will get drank for sure, but thought it would be nice having room fruit.

Any thoughts?

There is loads of fruit on the buffet that you can take back to your cabin, but the fruit basket is really nice.

Just an FYI though, you aren't allowed to take any food off the ship that isn't prepackaged and they regularly check for contraband at the gangway getting off the ship.

Not planning on taking it to Mexico, just to get my morning started (drink base), cereal and bananas.

Goofy I know, but I'd like to keep some of this weight off I've been losing.:eek:

Congrats on losing the weight I try to drop a few pounds too.

I read a tip a few weeks ago about ordering from room service and keeping the cover from one of the plates to invert and use as a fruit basket.

I'm going to do that on all my future cruises. I too love bananas and I pick a couple up everytime I'm at the buffet. They also have apples, sometimes pears and cut up melons. The ships that I sail on have a mini fridge so I bring baggies to keep melons in. A plate won't fit.

Not planning on taking it to Mexico, just to get my morning started (drink base), cereal and bananas.

Goofy I know, but I'd like to keep some of this weight off I've been losing.:eek:

Sounds like a smoothie to me! :D Do you plan on making these in your room or...?

I was just wondering last night if I would be able to take a small, personal blender onboard for this very purpose.

And, congrats on the weight loss!

I ordered the fruit supreme with wine for my uncle and his bride when they went on their honeymoon cruise to Hawaii. They said they enjoyed it a lot. Even though there was fruit available at the buffet, it was convenient to have in the cabin. They also enjoyed the cheese and crackers and nuts (and the wine, of course).

We got the fruit basket with red wine on the Fantasy. It was alot of fruit! The fruit was very fresh and the basket also had cheeses, crackers, nuts. I thought it was a very good value for the money. We, or course, drank the wine but did not eat all the fruit. I think we ate the bananas and the grapes and I know I ate a pear and an apple. We had to leave what we did not eat in the room.

Sounds like a smoothie to me! :D Do you plan on making these in your room or...?

I was just wondering last night if I would be able to take a small, personal blender onboard for this very purpose.

And, congrats on the weight loss!

:p

Ha....

I guess my "drink base" for this instance was for Buddy's and Nachi.

But.....It does sound like a good start to a Rum drink:D

Vacations are Good!

I have previously ordered the supreme fruit basket. We enjoyed the nuts/cheese/crackers/wine, but most of the fruit went to waste as there is such a large selection offered in the buffet YMMV.

Thanks to all. Still not sure if I'll order one or not. I hate wasting stuff, and I'm sure a good portion would be.

Another question is about the beer/cooler combo. Do you have to call BV to get Bud light instead of reg Bud?

Archived