Bed Bugs NYC

davesgirl51

I too am creeped out by the thought of bed bugs and I check www.bedbugregistry.com before we travel. When we checked in on the POA last summer and met our cabin steward, I questioned him about bedbugs on the ship. He told me that the cleaning crew is thoroughly trained in detection and prevention. He said that each cabin steward is responsible for making sure there are no bugs in his assigned area. He said that every week each steward rips apart one or two rooms and checks headboards, overhead vents and everything else for signs of bedbugs. If they miss something and a passenger complains and bedbugs are found, the steward will be fired. I still checked out everything myself (before stowing suitcases under the bed-yuck!), but he did make me feel a little better!

It's not as if this site is an official source. Some of the posts may have been made by people who have an ax to grind, or more likely a bug up their a@@.

By the way, don't make the mistake of assuming a hotel has bed bugs just because it's on the list of hotels that is below the specific reports at the top of the page. I clicked on many of the listed hotels at random, and the detailed listings said there were no reports of bed bugs at the property.

Take what see on this site with a grain of salt. It looks really amateurish and there's nothing that provides the slightest clue as to the identity of the site owner.

Don't get me wrong...there have been many hotel bed bug infestations in NY and elsewhere, but the credibility of the source is all important.

Archived