Taxi Lines at Port of Miami

LilLeebird

So has anyone just grabbed a taxi after getting of the ship in Miami to get to the aiport? If so, are the taxi lines horrific or is it easy to grab a couple of cabs for a group of 5?

Trying to decide if setting up shuttle service in advance would be smarter or if it's just as easy to jump in a taxi.

So has anyone just grabbed a taxi after getting of the ship in Miami to get to the aiport? If so, are the taxi lines horrific or is it easy to grab a couple of cabs for a group of 5?

Trying to decide if setting up shuttle service in advance would be smarter or if it's just as easy to jump in a taxi.

Lots of people, lots of cabs - the lines move reasonably quickly. Stuffing five passengers with luggage into one cab will be a chore.

For 5 + bags you will need a minivan cab, which may involve a wait, or two regular cabs. $24+tip flat rate fare per cab and the ride takes 15 minutes. Good luck. :)

Thanks for everyone's responses. Quick question to clarify - is it $24 regardless of how many passengers are in the cab? So if Get two cabs for the 5 of us then it will just run us $48 total plus tips, right?

Thanks for everyone's responses. Quick question to clarify - is it $24 regardless of how many passengers are in the cab? So if Get two cabs for the 5 of us then it will just run us $48 total plus tips, right?

Correct - the price is per cab. On my most recent trip to Miami (for business, not cruising :() there was a $1 per trip fuel surcharge in place -- with the price of gas only going up I suspect that may still be in effect.

Good luck! :)

Correct - the price is per cab. On my most recent trip to Miami (for business, not cruising :() there was a $1 per trip fuel surcharge in place -- with the price of gas only going up I suspect that may still be in effect.

Good luck! :)

Thanks John!

Archived