Changing the name on a booking

WDrake_98

Hi All,

So I'm getting married on the Magic in September.

Even with the ease of having a wedding cruise, there is still tons of drama with planning a wedding.

Long story short, in addition to my room, I booked 3 other rooms for 7 that wanted to sail with us. Of which only I only received deposits from 4 people.

I paid the rest on the condition of getting paid back.

Since then, 2 of the guests have backed out.

I've found another couple that's willing to take their place, however when I called my Carnival Agent, he said:

the deposits are locked to each person's name.

Cancelling the Early Saver reservation would require a fee of 50 bucks.

even thought I paid, I'd have to provide proof of the payment by mail to get a future cruise credit in my name of 200 for each reservation cancelled.

the new couple would have to each pay the deposit at the current rate

However, when I look at the bookings on my profile, it looks like I can just change the name of each person with ease.

What's up??

The Early Saver Terms & Conditions include "no name (passenger) changes and they're very strict about this. You lose $50 per person with the balance of their deposit applied to a future cruise - can be applied to your account if you paid for the booking. I suspect you'll find that ultimately changing the name on line won't be accepted. ken

I am sorry you booked ES when you did not have full commitments from others.

Yep, my sister got married and I too ran into the no name change rule biting me.

This is stated in the terms, sorry, so they will not waive it.

You can fax the proof that you paid their deposits .. but the future cruise credit cannot be used to rebook the same sailing. you are already booked anyway, and the future cruise credit is for a future booking in YOUR name once you get the credit.

So, you will have to apply it to other cruises. you only have 2 years to use all that credit so I hope not a lot of people involved.

Archived