Need help on balcony cabin

Can any past passengers give me any pros and cons to a Boardwalk View Balcony on either the Oasis or Allure. The price I've been finding is higher than a regular outside balcony. Is it worth it?

If you have a choice....go with the Ocean Balcony.

I had the Promenade balcony on the Explorer and it was fine....

On the Oasis and the Allure it is a different story. It can be very noisy and you really have no privacy when sitting out there. Everyone can see you.

Ocean balcony is soooo much nicer.:)

If you have a choice....go with the Ocean Balcony.

I had the Promenade balcony on the Explorer and it was fine....

On the Oasis and the Allure it is a different story. It can be very noisy and you really have no privacy when sitting out there. Everyone can see you.

Ocean balcony is soooo much nicer.:)

What is "the promenade balcony"?

It is a balcony that looks down into the center of the ship...as I said before, everyone can look up and see you ...this is where all the activities are, like the parades etc.

The cool part is, you don't have to stand in the crowds to see the events.

You can see everything from your balcony. If you go to bed early...it can be noisy at times if you are a light sleeper.

You also have to remember to keep your drapes closed while dressing. Again, everyone can see you.

It is a balcony that looks down into the center of the ship...as I said before, everyone can look up and see you ...this is where all the activities are, like the parades etc.

The cool part is, you don't have to stand in the crowds to see the events.

You can see everything from your balcony. If you go to bed early...it can be noisy at times if you are a light sleeper.

You also have to remember to keep your drapes closed while dressing. Again, everyone can see you.

There are no interior balconies on Voyager class ships.

I think you should check your facts before making a statement. The Explorer most certainly does have promenade balconies.

Voyager class ships have interior promenade cabins that overlook the promenade. They are not balcony cabins. They have a large window, not a balcony. Facts were checked, how about your facts?

Voyager class ships have interior promenade cabins that overlook the promenade. They are not balcony cabins. They have a large window, not a balcony. Facts were checked, how about your facts?

I absolutely apologize. You are correct. It is a picture window and not a balcony. I got confused with the Explorer, Oasis and Allure...which we have had all three.

But to the OP....nothing else is different. Still can see in your picture window...noisy....have to keep drapes closed for privacy....etc.

As I said....ocean balcony is sooo much better if you can get it and afford it.

What deck is the Boardwalk on? I understand the Boardwalk balcony cabins go as far up as deck 14. Will you still hear the noise from below?

Deck 6, here is a link to the deckplans.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=06&shipCode=OA&shipProfile=1393&sailDate=1120303&hasNavigation=false

You will hear noise, especially when there are shows in the aqua theatre but most have posted that it isn't too noisy with the balcony door shut. Privacy is an issue though since you are facing another balcony.

I absolutely apologize. You are correct. It is a picture window and not a balcony. I got confused with the Explorer, Oasis and Allure...which we have had all three.

But to the OP....nothing else is different. Still can see in your picture window...noisy....have to keep drapes closed for privacy....etc.

As I said....ocean balcony is sooo much better if you can get it and afford it.

No problem.

This was our view aft from Oasis cabin 10329 - the last one aft. We were directly over the Aqua Theater and could watch the shows and movies. We did not feel that the noise was an issue, but we do not go to bed before 11pm on cruises. View from more mid ship would not have been as nice.

IMG_3276.jpg

Archived