Retreat cabanas or not

My husband and I have booked a Lido cabana for our November cruise. Does anyone know if you can invite a guest in to sit with you. I know that the HMC cabanas allow up to four people to use it at one time but I have never noticed any discussion re the Lido cabanas.

It would be helpful to know the rules before we inadvertently committed a boo boo. Also, are you allowed to designate that someone else can use your cabana if you are off the ship for the day.? Again--don't want to do anything wrong but just need to know the drill.

I believe "officially" the Lido Cabanas are for 2 people...as that is what the set-up is for daily in the cabana...2 sets of flatware, 2 Evian misters, 2 towels, etc. On our sailing last week we had 5 adults and 1 child. It was rare that everyone was in the cabana at the same time...it was just our meeting place on the Lido. We explained to our cabana stewards that we understood that the service was supposed to be for 2 people, so we would decide who would get what, however they were very generous and provided champagne and strawberries for everyone each day.

As far as designating someone to use the cabana if you are off the ship for the day, I would talk to your cabana stewards to see if this could be arranged. I would think the answer to this would be no, but they seem to be fairly lenient in the Lido Cabanas...and it might not be as much of an issue in the Lido since it is not in a private area like the Retreat.

After our sailing last week I am a big fan of the Lido Cabanas...it worked very well for us and we were treated very well. I don't know the protocol (and I certainly am not trying to stir the tipping pot here), but we did tip our cabana steward generously at the end of the sailing.

:) :)

I believe "officially" the Lido Cabanas are for 2 people...as that is what the set-up is for daily in the cabana...2 sets of flatware, 2 Evian misters, 2 towels, etc. On our sailing last week we had 5 adults and 1 child. It was rare that everyone was in the cabana at the same time...it was just our meeting place on the Lido. We explained to our cabana stewards that we understood that the service was supposed to be for 2 people, so we would decide who would get what, however they were very generous and provided champagne and strawberries for everyone each day.

As far as designating someone to use the cabana if you are off the ship for the day, I would talk to your cabana stewards to see if this could be arranged. I would think the answer to this would be no, but they seem to be fairly lenient in the Lido Cabanas...and it might not be as much of an issue in the Lido since it is not in a private area like the Retreat.

After our sailing last week I am a big fan of the Lido Cabanas...it worked very well for us and we were treated very well. I don't know the protocol (and I certainly am not trying to stir the tipping pot here), but we did tip our cabana steward generously at the end of the sailing.

I am getting very excited about the Lido Cabanas for my TA on the Eurodam. Originally we booked 2 cabanas for 3 people, but just a week ago, 2 more family members booked the cruise. We tried to get a 3rd Cabana, but they are all booked. Well, the last 2 on board will have to share the 4th space.;)

OK, so where is the discrimination? Or is that hyperbole, like "filthy". Because I know they aren't dirty.

Ok, one more time, you don't seem to get IT, they take away from PUBLIC AREAS, CAPICHE!!

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I will most certainly ask what is permissable when we take possession of the cabana.

We are renting it mainly to have a guaranteed spot in the pool area and not so much for the services provided. Champagne on a hot afternoon is a recipe for a headache and my husband doesn't care for it so I think we would pass on that. Maybe I will just have the steward offer it to someone in a nearby chair.:)

OK, so where is the discrimination? Or is that hyperbole, like "filthy". Because I know they aren't dirty.

Ok, one more time, you don't seem to get IT, they take away from PUBLIC AREAS, CAPICHE!!

Well, as you never said that, and it isn't discrimination, I guess I am the slow one.

OK, you don't like them. Moving on...

• 1 month later...
How far in advance can you book the cabanas?

As soon as you have booked your cruise, you can call ship services and ask to reserve a cabana. It will be charged to you CC card when you reserve.

We have booked the Cabana Club on Nieuw Amsterdam and really enjoyed the time there.

Archived