Coming This Week : Enhancements to Celebrity Website !

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for getting this information out to CC. I would hope the website is tested with a variety of browsers. I am most interested in its usability for the iPad. many of the features on the website used Flash and certainly weren't IPad friendly.

Thanks for all your efforts on our behalf.

Thanks for the heads-up, Andy. One thing I really miss is the old tab system for checking rates--one tab had suites, the next balconies, then OV, then inside. Much easier to use than the 'new' system!!! It would be great to get that back again.

I've tried to look at cruises out of Florida for the last 3 days and all that happens is my screen freezes. I have given up and am planning a land vacation instead. To bad but can't wait forever as last minute arrangements go very quickly.

Johanne

Am I the only one on the planet that has not had an issue with the X website? At work we have some outdated switches so anything we do online is soooooo slow that the X experience at home is like working at the speed of light! :D

Am I the second one on the planet that has not had an issue with the X website? :) :)

I haven't had any problems either. Perhaps it's because I keep my hardware and software updated and tune up it's performance on a regular basis just like I would any piece of machinery I own? I use the latest versions of both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer and have not had problems with either.

That's possible. Or there could be other explanations. I use the internet for anything and everything. I shop on line at least twice a week, often more than that. I do all my banking on line. I make reservations at restaurants and sign up for classes, renew my driver's license and car registration. Last week I filled out my forms for jury duty. I book all my travel, including cruises on other lines. All of this is done without any problem.

I have been trying to book a cruise on Celebrity this summer for three days. As others have said, I have not been able to do this because of problems with the site.

Logic tells me the problem lies with the Celebrity web site and not my IE.

Hi Wvufan,

My pleasure. I truly enjoy helping our community. I'm looking forward to the updates going live. I agree the Ship Calendar was a great feature. I was so excited when it made it's debut on the Celebrity website. For reasons unknown, it did not last very long. I hope it returns in 2012.

The ship calendar is still there, Andy! I have had it bookmarked for a very long time.

Celebrity Ship Calendar

The ship calendar is still there, Andy! I have had it bookmarked for a very long time.

Celebrity Ship Calendar

Hi Char,

Thanks very much ! I was thinking of a different ship calendar - used in the booking engine... where you could input various months / ships / destinations / cruise length, and see a listing of your Cruise options.

But I like the ship calendar you highlighted. I haven't use it in a while. Glad it's still around.

I'm looking forward to the revision. I stumbled across a blog on the X site last week and then had to spend an eternity trying to find it again which was a shame since it covered the Solsticizing of the Infinity.

Just booked our first cruise on the x site and no issues but we use firefox. Just thought I would throw out my oxymoron of the day, stability and IE (internet explorer). If your using IE people download something else, anything else...... You will think your computer has magically been fixed.

I'm not the most tech-savvy person out there, but I have noticed that Google Chrome does indeed seem to be a happier way to work with Celebrity's site.

Microsoft's Internet Explorer grinds along with a virtual boatload of unnecessary code baggage that slows the entire process down, whereas Google Chrome uses a simple effective interface that (on our computer, anyway) scoots along nicely.

I had a good time wandering around the X site last night checking out excursions and learning more about "our" ship.

Thanks for sharing, Andy. I think it's pretty nice of Celebrity to be this open with you and, in turn, with all of us on this side of the computer screen.

Happy Cruising,

Alan (and Teresa)

Hi Char,

Thanks very much ! I was thinking of a different ship calendar - used in the booking engine... where you could input various months / ships / destinations / cruise length, and see a listing of your Cruise options.

But I like the ship calendar you highlighted. I haven't use it in a while. Glad it's still around.

The one I liked was sort of like a chart with the months across the top and destinations (Caribbean, Canal, Alaska etc) down the left side. I think they might have called it destination calendar. You could look at 6 months at a time. So, say you wanted to cruise somewhere in the spring. You could easily see where Celebrity was going in that period as they those boxes colored in. Then, when you clicked on that box, you pulled up the various ships and specifics. Much quicker and easier than the current system.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Hello Everyone,

I've been advised that Celebrity will be rolling out several enhancements to their website www.celebritycruises.com this week. I'm expecting Celebrity to post on this thread, sharing details of the new features with us.

My thanks to Celebrity for offering a "heads-up" to our community. Stay Tuned !

We shall see..........

Thanks Andy for always giving us a heads up---

Hope the enhancement for starters will be that it actually functions

I have given up using it unless absolutely necessary & stopped browsing for cruise itins that might be of interest. I have gone back to using the brochures

My husb. who manages our res. online, often has fits of frustration b/c he can't believe how bad it is!!

So let's hope the changes are not just color changes (blue on blue was the last big enhancment, followed by "X the Rules!" & the awful way to browse & book)

Fortunatley we have our docs, bag tags & all we need for our April cruise . Hope they do not wipe out anything else for our future bookings!!!

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to share additional information with our community. Last week, I participated in a web presentation, where I viewed images of the upcoming enhancements to Celebrity's Website. I hope this information is helpful !

The enhancements include :

-- An overall improved and cleaner look to the Website.

-- Improved Visuals

-- Additional details/images of Celebrity's ships, and onboard venues.

-- Expanded Ports of Call information

-- Additional information on Celebrity's dining venues with sample menus.

-- Online Check-In has a new look and feel

How do you login into the web site now ? I cannot access anything ?

Hi Cruise47,

I just checked, and was able to log in. On the Homepage, click on "My Celebrity". Mid-page, there's a place to enter your user name and password.

Archived