Coming This Week : Enhancements to Celebrity Website !

Andy

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to share additional information with our community. Last week, I participated in a web presentation, where I viewed images of the upcoming enhancements to Celebrity's Website. I hope this information is helpful !

The enhancements include :

-- An overall improved and cleaner look to the Website.

-- Improved Visuals

-- Additional details/images of Celebrity's ships, and onboard venues.

-- Expanded Ports of Call information

-- Additional information on Celebrity's dining venues with sample menus.

-- Online Check-In has a new look and feel

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! Can't wait to go out and take a look through everything. Thanks!

Hey Andy,

I see no changes in the web site, including the log in link on the top center of the page. (both Firefox and Chrome on Mac)

Hi Alan,

The Website updates are not active yet. Stay Tuned !

It's about time Celebrity's website was improved. I recently booked 4 staterooms online and on 2 of the bookings my credit card was charged twice. I received 2 confirmations and 2 reservation numbers. No it was not me double clicking ( I have made many Internet bookings) and after contacting Celebrity they agreed that this should not have occurred and confirmed that it was a mistake in their computer system. Fortunately I received refunds, but be very careful when you book online with Celebrity, check your credit card and hopefully this website refurb. will eliminate these kind of faults!

Hi Alan,

The Website updates are not active yet. Stay Tuned !

While the new content may not yet be available, the old site was flying when I went to take a look. Looks like they deployed to a new server perhaps? Anyway, speed was much improved.

Thanks Andy, that is good news.

After I sent an email to Dan Hanrahan's office and got a response to let them know about the issues, I compiled a list over the weekend and sent it to them.

Today I noticed X website was much faster to navigate!

There are still issues, such as not receiving email offers when signed up, incorrect information, buttons that don't work and directions to ports without directions. Also, the (beautiful) picture on every page, together with the bar at the bottom, completely obscure the information you are trying to get and you have to scroll down to see what you where looking for.

Looking forward to a workable website.:D

Thanks Andy, that is good news.

Also, the (beautiful) picture on every page, together with the bar at the bottom, completely obscure the information you are trying to get and you have to scroll down to see what you where looking for.

Looking forward to a workable website.:D

I agree....the bar at the bottom is always in the way!!!:(

Judy

Nice surprise this am....the new site is operational...it looks very good and it is much faster than the old site. Thank you Celebrity and everyone who contributed for this change.

Does anyone know if there is an email address to report any bugs that folks find? I've found at least one (minor) that I'd like to report.

It's looking really nice and the areas that I checked out were much easier to navigate! Way t go Celebrity. :D

Interesting observation...

I checked our Xpress pass on both IE and Chrome

On Chrome it was the normal layout

On IE it was all in a line vertically

I printed the one from Chrome!

Hi Everyone,

As mentioned above, the enhancements are live. It's looking great. I'm really enjoying the speed the pages are loading.

Ghstudio : I wouldn't worry about the little glitches. I'm sure they are working on them as we speak.

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone looked at the Online Check-In section ? I think you will be very pleased with the new layout. I've had several conversations with Celebrity on how to make it a better experience. I purposely waited on completing my Online Check-in for my Eclipse sailing next month, as I wanted to try the new format. I will report back later.

Hi Everyone,

I'm thrilled with the new "My Reservations" section in My Celebrity. Hint : Make sure to hover over the "Manage Reservation" button as it leads to many areas, including: online check-in, explore shore/land excursions, reserve specialty dining, spa appoinments, beverage packages.

Other welcome items on the page : your contact info, others sailing in your party (linked bookings), your captains club level, and something I've been asking for ages - how many days until the sailing date of your booked cruise(s) !

This is a fantastic layout. Well done Celebrity !

Yup,,Says 53 more days till our 14 day Connie cruise that left Jan.14, 2012 !!!!!!!!

We have the same thing....exactly! ??????? On the old website it said "delete" as an option. When I hit delete it said "this reservation is not current" Really? We may have this at the top of our list forever!

Yup,,Says 53 more days till our 14 day Connie cruise that left Jan.14, 2012 !!!!!!!!

Hey, nobody said it will be perfect :). I have 5 booked cruises, and they all have the right calculations.

A few glitches are to be expected. As long as it's nothing major, I'm fine with it. Hopefully, the web team will resolve them soon !

OMG may be live, I cant even get logged in. Once I hit login it took 30 seconds, now just the hour glass, cant even type my user name and password.

Not very happy.

Such a good product on the ship. spend some more money on making the website faster please.

Norma

I am sure there are a lot of improved things about the new website, I just haven't found them yet... Besides the fact that it is waaay slower than before (maybe because everybody is checking out the new site?) the first thing I tried to do is changing my phonenumber they have registered since it is an old phonenumber that I do not have anymore. No matter what I do, it always gives me an error: "Please enter a valid phonenumber" :confused: Helloooooo! Phonenumbers outside the US are valid too.... Doesn't matter if I include a country code or not, start with 0031, 31 or +31, they're all "wrong"..

The same seems to be the case for zip/postal codes. Only US zip codes seem to be valid... if you live outside the US you probably don't want Captain's Club offers... *sigh*

I have just been on the site to check my reservation and see how user friendly the new site is, I am extremely disapointed.

It still takes too long to load pages.

I logged in to look at the excursions and the are all mixed up, I would expect to be able to view them by port.

I am afraid this is not much of an improvement.

I use internet services daily and for a multi billion / million £ business it is very poor. :mad:

I should not be surprised as they cannot even be bothered to answer e-mails except with the usual auto-reply.

I would be interested to know if they internal or external web designers!

Hi everyone,

Tried to get into my reservation on the new website. Nothing:confused: Before all I had was click on the on line check in and enter my details and everything was there, a little slow maybe but at least it was there:mad: Even my FIL reservation is not showing. Not impressed at the moment. Is anyone else having a problem?

Archived