Native Way Rum Point Menu/clarification

mitsugirly

We are doing the tour to Stingray/snorkel/Rum Point excursion with Native Way and I have been searching forever to try to find a menu. Does anyone out there have a copy of the menu they use to pick your meal included in the excursion?

The only one that I have come up with is: (which when you enlarge it, it is unreadable). :(

the-menu.jpg

Can someone clarify exactly which place this "rum point" is. I've seen reference to different places on the sites and I can't figure it out (and found menus, but I'm not sure if they are right or not because I don't know if I have the right place).

Is it the Beach BBQ Grill: Which list the North Side Beach Buffet, The Wreck Buffet <---which I've read people refer to the place you go as this, The Rum Point Buffet <---which seems like the logical name for the place, The Lobster Bake Beach Buffet, Rum Point Caboose BBQ <---has rum point in it and also the BBQ.

Found these menus for the above listed here: http://www.rumpointclub.com/beach-bbq-menu Are any of these it? If it is the Rum Point Buffet, it sure doesn't look like there is as much food listed on it as the yellow menu I posted above (which was taken by someone on the Native Way tour). :confused:

Then there is a menu (tab on the same link above) for the Bar & Grill that has a variety of items and also a kids menu (which I believe is included in the above yellow menu posted)...so I'm truly confused.

Can anyone help or have an actual readable picture they can post?

Thanks in advance. :)

Rum Point's daytime restaurant is called the Wreck Bar & Grill.

If it's the Wreck Bar & Grill, then the following is the menu listed for that:

thewreck.jpg

Which doesn't have much on it and doesn't compare to the menu you can't make out that comes from Native Ways. Also, a lot of people on here have mentioned how they had the grilled Mahi Mahi and fresh fish, which this menu doesn't even mention. :confused:

Is it possible that Native Ways has their "own" menu that they've contracted with the place at Rum Point?

If it's the Wreck Bar & Grill, then the following is the menu listed for that:

<snip>

Is it possible that Native Ways has their "own" menu that they've contracted with the place at Rum Point?

The buffet one you have is for their special events, it's not the regular Wreck Bar menu they have every day, which is closer to the Nativeway one you posted.

There's one posted on the Rum Point Club (dinner restaurant) website which, as far as I can tell, isn't too out of date. In addition to this, they usually have a couple of daily specials that often feature a local fresh fish.

http://www.rumpointclub.com/bar-and-grill

Does anyone know if their "jerk".....is hot as in spicy hot? Someone at work said that jerk chicken and pork is REALLY hot and not to try it if I don't like spicy foods.

Also, do these meals provided during the excursion also come with a drink? (Like soda, I'm not talking about alcohol, I know you have to buy that).

We are doing the tour to Stingray/snorkel/Rum Point excursion with Native Way and I have been searching forever to try to find a menu. Does anyone out there have a copy of the menu they use to pick your meal included in the excursion?

The only one that I have come up with is: (which when you enlarge it, it is unreadable). :(

the-menu.jpg

Can someone clarify exactly which place this "rum point" is. I've seen reference to different places on the sites and I can't figure it out (and found menus, but I'm not sure if they are right or not because I don't know if I have the right place).

Is it the Beach BBQ Grill: Which list the North Side Beach Buffet, The Wreck Buffet <---which I've read people refer to the place you go as this, The Rum Point Buffet <---which seems like the logical name for the place, The Lobster Bake Beach Buffet, Rum Point Caboose BBQ <---has rum point in it and also the BBQ.

Found these menus for the above listed here: http://www.rumpointclub.com/beach-bbq-menu Are any of these it? If it is the Rum Point Buffet, it sure doesn't look like there is as much food listed on it as the yellow menu I posted above (which was taken by someone on the Native Way tour). :confused:

Then there is a menu (tab on the same link above) for the Bar & Grill that has a variety of items and also a kids menu (which I believe is included in the above yellow menu posted)...so I'm truly confused.

Can anyone help or have an actual readable picture they can post?

Thanks in advance. :)

We just returned Sat. from our cruise on the Carnival Liberty. We did this very excursion with Native Way Watersports in GC and all I can say is FANTASTIC. What a great day this was. They were great. Don't worry about the menu it's all very good food. I had the "catch of the day" which was Mahi Mahi grilled with a very tasty sauce. It came with Rice and Beans and cole slaw. My wife had the chicken tenders, and my brother-in-law had the fish and chips. Everything was really good. They give you several different selections and you choose one from the list. Iced tea and water was included. There was a bar there as well but was expensive.

It doesn't come out right because of the way/style it is (like a menu).

There is an attachment (paperclip icon) at the top of the page, which takes me to a pop-up box and ask me where to download the file from my computer. I do that...and nothing attaches. :confused:

I hope you'll right a review when you get back! I'm booked on the same excursion in April. I remember what a great job you did on your Sapphire Beach review.

I posted a pretty extensive review on this excursion and is under "Excursion needed for Stingray City" in this section. Lots of pictures.

Here are the pictures of the "Catch of the Day" and fish & chips we had. Both were excellent!

100_3292.jpg

100_3291.jpg

100_3293.jpg

Have fun!!!

I posted a pretty extensive review on this excursion and is under "Excursion needed for Stingray City" in this section. Lots of pictures.

That was a great review! Thanks for sharing. Hopefully you can answer a question for me. I'll be going on this excursion with my mother. She's worried about having trouble getting back on the boat after snorkeling. How difficult was it to get back on the boat when you were in the water?

Here are the pictures of the "Catch of the Day" and fish & chips we had. Both were excellent!

Have fun!!!

Bucknut....because of YOU I decided on this tour and going to Rum Point. I want to personally thank you for sharing your review AND your great pictures. I'm so looking forward to this day. :)

Thanks and now I'm feeling some pressure!!!

Haha, don't worry about it. I'm easy going and love anything while on vacation. However, I have a feeling this is going to be one of the highlight stops of our cruise. (There seems to be one of those each cruise that was our favorite...and I think this may be it for the cruise. My daughter is going to love the stingrays). :)

Haha, don't worry about it. I'm easy going and love anything while on vacation. However, I have a feeling this is going to be one of the highlight stops of our cruise. (There seems to be one of those each cruise that was our favorite...and I think this may be it for the cruise. My daughter is going to love the stingrays). :)

we are doing the same excursion as you next week! What day are you in Grand Cayman? We are there on Thursday the 22nd with Carnival.

Archived