To me this was the height of rudness...last observation and reflection

picklebongo

Now remember, this is just my opinion, but if a passengers makes the decision to come early, get prime real estate on the first couple of rows during a show, they should be committed to staying for the whole thing.

I think it is incredibly rude to leave midway during a performers act or during the show. I will be the first to admit, as I did in my review, that the shows were not very good, the worst I've ever seen on a cruise, but if you sit on the first few rows, it is disruptive to leave midway.

Some folks may be of the opinion that they don't want to waste 40 minutes of their paid for seven day vacation, but those individuals should consider sitting in the balcony or the back of the theatre so their departure isn't noted, or hampering another persons enjoyment. Again, this is just my view, but I found the number of people leaving from the front rude and notable. The performers use the aisles and they had to try and avoid passengers who were in their way!

Guest LoveMyBoxer

How are you supposed to know if a show is good or not when you take a seat in the front row?? While I understand what you are saying about it being rude to leave, I'm not sure if I could stay through a show that was "that bad"! That being said, I would probably wait until the performers were not in the aisle.

On my last cruise I was sitting in about the 4th row, but over to the side, not right in front. The show was really bad...and I usually like the shows and have never walked out of one. I did end up getting up, but it was kind of between songs/acts. I wouldn't normally do it, but honestly, I didn't want to waste another 45 minutes at that show. So I can see why it's done sometimes.

Now remember, this is just my opinion, but if a passengers makes the decision to come early, get prime real estate on the first couple of rows during a show, they should be committed to staying for the whole thing.

I think it is incredibly rude to leave midway during a performers act or during the show. I will be the first to admit, as I did in my review, that the shows were not very good, the worst I've ever seen on a cruise, but if you sit on the first few rows, it is disruptive to leave midway.

Some folks may be of the opinion that they don't want to waste 40 minutes of their paid for seven day vacation, but those individuals should consider sitting in the balcony or the back of the theatre so their departure isn't noted, or hampering another persons enjoyment. Again, this is just my view, but I found the number of people leaving from the front rude and notable. The performers use the aisles and they had to try and avoid passengers who were in their way!

Maybe we are mellow but we would not even notice people leaving, but if the show was that bad we would leave as well.We are happy to be on vacation and never sweat the small stuff

The shows were not unbearable, just not the quality previously experienced, in my opinion. So my point is, if you're a person who is not certain they will want to stay for the whole show, sit somewhere else and not in front, which is prime real estate.

Maybe we are mellow but we would not even notice people leaving, but if the show was that bad we would leave as well.We are happy to be on vacation and never sweat the small stuff

Mellow or not Mike, you would notice if there were 4-6 folks leaving at a time continuously.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
The shows were not unbearable, just not the quality previously experienced, in my opinion. So my point is, if you're a person who is not certain they will want to stay for the whole show, sit somewhere else and not in front, which is prime real estate.

But, again, how would you know if you have never seen the show before??????? It's not like we have a magic crystal ball! :rolleyes:

If the show sucked, I would not be wasting my precious cruise time sitting thru the whole thing...

I have no objection to folks leaving, but just don't sit on the front row is all I'm suggesting if you come from this frame of reference.

But, again, how would you know if you have never seen the show before??????? It's not like we have a magic crystal ball! :rolleyes:

But there are some people who will sit out a show and know it's only 40 minutes because they don't want to be disruptive given where they've chosen to sit.

I wouldn't say the show sucked, it just wasn't up to the usual caliber.

But the question remains, pickle, how are you supposed to know ahead of time that the show is going to suck? DH & I like to sit in the first 3-4 rows also. I would definitely pencil myself into that category that would not leave a show. However, if the show is so bad that several (not just one) people are leaving, I'm not going to waste my time sitting there either. I would go into the show with full intention of staying in my seat through the whole show, but if it's THAT bad, I'm outta there! I'd be interested to know how you would suggest that people would know ahead of time that the show was going to be awful and sit towards the back?

Yes I may notice but it really wouldnt concern or bother us in any way.Thats just us :)

Well, you are more mellow than I am, because I was annoyed by the distraction, particularly when some of the folks were talking as they left.

I have no objection to folks leaving, but just don't sit on the front row is all I'm suggesting if you come from this frame of reference.

Well I will do my best to adhere to your request, LOL. Actually, I would never sit on the front row. Come to think of it, I rarely attend the shows anyway. So you should be safe from my rudeness. ;)

But the question remains, pickle, how are you supposed to know ahead of time that the show is going to suck? DH & I like to sit in the first 3-4 rows also. I would definitely pencil myself into that category that would not leave a show. However, if the show is so bad that several (not just one) people are leaving, I'm not going to waste my time sitting there either. I would go into the show with full intention of staying in my seat through the whole show, but if it's THAT bad, I'm outta there! I'd be interested to know how you would suggest that people would know ahead of time that the show was going to be awful and sit towards the back?

Hi Vanessa. There is no way to know, just grin an stick it out given it's only about 40 minutes and the show didn't suck, it just wasn't that great, still entertaining to a degree, just not great.

I guess I can handle almost anything for 40 minutes, particularly if I've chosen to sit up front. It's rude for entertainers to look out and see the first few rows slowly empty as they are performing. To me this is just downright rude!

How do you know they didnt have a sudden need for the bathroom or had to leave unexpectedly.

Without knowing why they left .. I dont see how you can sit in judgement.

Firefly I can see one person having to leave, typically one sees those same folks return. But a slow exodus, I don't buy that many folks having an emergency at sea or having to go to the bathroom at the same time.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
But there are some people who will sit out a show and know it's only 40 minutes because they don't want to be disruptive given where they've chosen to sit.

I wouldn't say the show sucked, it just wasn't up to the usual caliber.

But what if the show DID suck! People in the front rows tend to get there early to get a good seat. After waiting around and finding out that it did indeed stink, why shouldn't they leave??? With all due respect, it sounds like you are more annoyed at the fact that you did not get to sit in the front rows. :eek:

When you choose the front row seat, that decision is made before you know the show sucks.

You were annoyed at being distracted from a show you called "the worst I've ever seen on a cruise"? Seriously? :rolleyes:

Yes, I was, because good manners still dictated that the performers deserved the respect of an audience. I wasn't sitting up front either, but the young women I took on the cruise loved the show because they had no point of reference. Nor did I share my feelings with them, why try and steal their enjoyment, but they did ask where everybody was going.

But what if the show DID suck! People in the front rows tend to get there early to get a good seat. After waiting around and finding out that it did indeed stink, why shouldn't they leave??? With all due respect, it sounds like you are more annoyed at the fact that you did not get to sit in the front rows. :eek:

I always get to the shows early enough to get a front row seat and I'm there for bingo too, which I never play. But, I never sit in the front rows because I don't like being that close and if the off chance the show isn't very good, I can leave without being a nuisance.

But it's interesting that so far 100% of posters agree on a topic, that's notable in itself, eh.

Archived