Navigator of Seas

We are thinking of taking this cruise out of New Orleans in Jan. or Feb. We want to do the My Time dining but don't want to make reservations, I've been reading where you have to make reservations for the same time every night. Some days we may have a late lunch and not want to eat at the same as the day before. I thought My Time Dining was when you wanted to have dinner and you can just go to the dining room. Any experience on this ship with this situation. Thanks

Unless things have changed recently (like in the last 2 months), you do not have to make reservations for the same time each evening.

From the RCI website:

My Time Dining is convenient and flexible. Simply place a reservation for your desired seating time, between the hours of 6:00 and 9:30 p.m.*. You can choose a different time each day, so you can fit dinner around the rest of your onshore and onboard plans.

You don't need reservations at all, if you don't want to! Or, you can make reservations the day of, or on a weekly basis....it's totally up to you. If you have a large party, then reservations are a good thing....larger tables are harder to come by in MTD. If you're a small party, you can just show up...they will seat you when a table is available!

You don't need to make reservations unless you want to dine at a specific time. The reservations are to ensure that you won't have a bit of wait for a table, or to ensure the size of table that you want. If you are dining with a larger group, it is better to make reservations. Otherwise, you can just show up and they will seat you at any available table. You may, however, had a little bit of wait for a table to become available (thus the suggestion for reservations). Some people make a reservation earlier in that day for the time they want to eat that day. Then you don't have to dine at the same time everyday.

Archived