Freedom Class Grand Suite 1568?

Anyone stayed in this suite on Freedom or Liberty? It appears this suite is on the edge and below the catalevered whirlpools. Some have complained about noise from deck chairs in the Solarium, although this looks to be above the entrace to the Solarium, so I can't imagine there's too many chairs there???

Anyone stayed in this suite on Freedom or Liberty? It appears this suite is on the edge and below the catalevered whirlpools. Some have complained about noise from deck chairs in the Solarium, although this looks to be above the entrace to the Solarium, so I can't imagine there's too many chairs there???

Stayed in 1568 on the Independence we did not hear any noise from chairs being moved above us but 1568 is situated directly opposite a staff service area and we were frequently disturbed during the night by staff letting the door to the staff area slam behind them. We did complain while on the ship and when we got back home and were given a very generous credit for a future cruise. Next time have chosen a suite nearer mid ship and away from that staff service area.

Stayed in 1568 on the Independence we did not hear any noise from chairs being moved above us but 1568 is situated directly opposite a staff service area and we were frequently disturbed during the night by staff letting the door to the staff area slam behind them. We did complain while on the ship and when we got back home and were given a very generous credit for a future cruise. Next time have chosen a suite nearer mid ship and away from that staff service area.

Thanks for the reply--good to know. Maybe they have installed "whisper close" on the doors since then :) I'll continue to look for an opening on a GS in a different area in the meantime. Right now the only two available are in the same area.

Stayed in 1268 (starboard version of 1568). Very rarely heard any chair movement nor any noise from the cantilevered hot tub which is NOT directly above but pretty close. I think you'll enjoy the cabin.

Stayed in 1268 (starboard version of 1568). Very rarely heard any chair movement nor any noise from the cantilevered hot tub which is NOT directly above but pretty close. I think you'll enjoy the cabin.

Thanks for the information--I had booked an OS becuse there are 3 of us--big $$$$, but no Jr. Suites or GS were available. I happened to check and two GS were available today, so switched to 1568.

That is our suite and we should buy stock in it.

We sailed her already on the Mariner and the Freedom.

This upcoming July we will be in her again.

Noise.

Well, we did not here any from the whirlpool.

One night we heard chairs above moving.

About the service door across the hall

During the suitcase collection on the last night, heard noise, seemed to be done by 1 am.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

• 1 year later...

Hi Sue,

We were in our first GS in January and loved it - we were in 1286. Booking another one now on the Liberty and 1568 is available - my question is if the bedroom part is to the left or the right of the door. We had the bed on the left side which I am partial to. thanks so much!

Archived