Cosul or Spencer Ambrose tour

akruz

We are undecided as both provide a great tour imo. But perhaps someone can give us comments as why they would use either one and the tour they took to help us make the decision. They both provide a full tour and some beach time. We are not making decision on beach time as that is not important to us as we do not swim or snorkel.

Help please.

Unless I missed something - Cosol doesn't say that they go to Jalousie Beach - it says on his site "view the Pitons".

thanks

In an email to me he outlined his itinerary and it says "from the volcano we will be going tothe beach whic is the Jalousie Beach between the pitons for swimming and snorkeling where we will be taking the "water taxi......"

So he in fact does go to JALOUSIE PARK and why it is not on the website I have no idea!!!. The tour is 5-6 hours

In an email to me he outlined his itinerary and it says "from the volcano we will be going tothe beach whic is the Jalousie Beach between the pitons for swimming and snorkeling where we will be taking the "water taxi......"

So he in fact does go to JALOUSIE PARK and why it is not on the website I have no idea!!!. The tour is 5-6 hours

okay thanks - I will send him an email

Other than Specer, what other tour companies to go the Pitons by land and come back to the ship by sea? We are interested in land-and-sea tours. No one in my party is looking forward to a 2-1/2 hour drive back by land.

Other than Specer, what other tour companies to go the Pitons by land and come back to the ship by sea? We are interested in land-and-sea tours. No one in my party is looking forward to a 2-1/2 hour drive back by land.

"Is it really a 2.5 hour ride back to the ship???"

No - it is not a 2.5 hour ride back to the ship. With no stops - it is 45min-1 hour. If you stop for more photo ops, etc. then a bit longer. Also - traffic picks up in the city near the port - but can't do anything about that.

As for other land/sea tours - Son of Man, Serenity TVL, Joe Knows, all do a land/sea combo. you could also choose the sea both ways with one of the catamaran companies - Carnival, Endless Summer, Bateau Mygo, etc.

Enjoy your visits.

I am totally torn btw cosol and spencer ambrose.. we want a land/sea tour also.. both seem to do the same thing.. any input would be sooo appreciated.. I am planning for my mom , husband and 2 teenagers.. ;)

I am totally torn btw cosol and spencer ambrose.. we want a land/sea tour also.. both seem to do the same thing.. any input would be sooo appreciated.. I am planning for my mom , husband and 2 teenagers.. ;)

Well, that's easy enough - Cosol is land only - both ways. Spencer Ambrose goes by land down the coast and by sea back. That should make the decision pretty easy if you want a land/sea combo tour!

Son of Man tours does a land/sea combo tour also. I think SOM though is by sea down and land back.

Hope that helps clear up any confusion!

Well, that's easy enough - Cosol is land only - both ways. Spencer Ambrose goes by land down the coast and by sea back. That should make the decision pretty easy if you want a land/sea combo tour!

Son of Man tours does a land/sea combo tour also. I think SOM though is by sea down and land back.

Hope that helps clear up any confusion!

As I mentioned earlier Cosul does a land/sea combo tour as per his email to me! I get what you are saying Cosul does Jalousie Beach but the return is by land. I guess I will email again to see the length of travel back home.

here is what he sent me - so I gather from this he does do a sea trip, but not to Jalousie Beach and he returns to the ship by land vs. sea, since they stop at the botanical gardens.

"From the volcano we will be going to the beach which is the Jalousie Beach between the pitons for swimming and snorkeling, where we will be taking the water taxi where you will enjoy unbelievable views of the coast. Please bring along your snorkeling gears, It is also available for rental.

After the beach we will be stopping for a drink and sample the local spice rum. Then we stop at the Botanical Gardens.

On the way back to the north we will be stopping for the best local hot bread and cheese. Our last stop will be 5 mins drive from Castries where you can do all your shopping for local souvenirs to take back home."

As I mentioned earlier Cosul does a land/sea combo tour as per his email to me! I get what you are saying Cosul does Jalousie Beach but the return is by land. I guess I will email again to see the length of travel back home.

please let us know what he says, as this will probably determine whether we use him or not.

thanks

here is what he sent me - so I gather from this he does do a sea trip, but not to Jalousie Beach and he returns to the ship by land vs. sea, since they stop at the botanical gardens.

"From the volcano we will be going to the beach which is the Jalousie Beach between the pitons for swimming and snorkeling, where we will be taking the water taxi where you will enjoy unbelievable views of the coast. Please bring along your snorkeling gears, It is also available for rental.

After the beach we will be stopping for a drink and sample the local spice rum. Then we stop at the Botanical Gardens.

On the way back to the north we will be stopping for the best local hot bread and cheese. Our last stop will be 5 mins drive from Castries where you can do all your shopping for local souvenirs to take back home."

Believe me, Cosol has one tour - a land tour - it is right on his website. Yes, there is a water taxi involved, from the pier in Soufriere to the beach at Jalousie and then back to the pier in Soufriere. It is a magnificantly beautiful ride arond the base of Petit Piton. That is the only water portion of his tour though!

Not sure what about the above email gives you the idea he has another sea tour - his land tour includes swimming and snorkeling at Jalousie Beach after the volcano for about an hour or so, then on to the botanical garden/waterfall and back by land to Castries and the ship (with several stops) The order of the tour may vary by the day depending on road conditions and crowds.

Cosol gives an excellent tour - he is always highly rated both on here and TripAdvisor. It is a land only tour though. (with the short water taxi ride from the pier to beach) It is about 1hour drive back to Castries from Soufriere by land - altough with stops for bread & cheese, it may be 1.15 hour. The shopping is at La Place Caranage, which is one of the cruise ship docks and the craft market, which is a 10 minute walk from either of the cruise ship docks.

hope this helps clear up some confusion.

I am sure, if you booked with him, you would have a wonderful time.

We are undecided as both provide a great tour imo. But perhaps someone can give us comments as why they would use either one and the tour they took to help us make the decision. They both provide a full tour and some beach time. We are not making decision on beach time as that is not important to us as we do not swim or snorkel.

Help please.

Akruz - as you say right here you are not interested in the beach time, you may wont to consider a different tour group all together - take a look at Serenity TVL. They offer several tours down the West Coast that do not include beach time. There is the land/sea combo which hits all the main highlights - sights in Castries, followed by the west coast, volcano, lunch, and then a catamaran back to the dock. Or they have a half-day tour that starts later in the morning - only 3.5-4 hours that includes the major sights in Castries, banana plantation, volcano and Pitons views. does not include any lunch or drinks as it starts later in the day - but it's only $35Us pp. As you say you are not interested in the beach portion anyways - then this may be a great fit for you. www dot serenitytvl dot com. They also have other island tour options. Worth taking a look at!

Just want to make sure you know there are other options!

enjoy your visit whichever one you choose!

Believe me, Cosol has one tour - a land tour - it is right on his website. Yes, there is a water taxi involved, from the pier in Soufriere to the beach at Jalousie and then back to the pier in Soufriere. It is a magnificantly beautiful ride arond the base of Petit Piton. That is the only water portion of his tour though!

Not sure what about the above email gives you the idea he has another sea tour - his land tour includes swimming and snorkeling at Jalousie Beach after the volcano for about an hour or so, then on to the botanical garden/waterfall and back by land to Castries and the ship (with several stops) The order of the tour may vary by the day depending on road conditions and crowds.

Cosol gives an excellent tour - he is always highly rated both on here and TripAdvisor. It is a land only tour though. (with the short water taxi ride from the pier to beach) It is about 1hour drive back to Castries from Soufriere by land - altough with stops for bread & cheese, it may be 1.15 hour. The shopping is at La Place Caranage, which is one of the cruise ship docks and the craft market, which is a 10 minute walk from either of the cruise ship docks.

hope this helps clear up some confusion.

I am sure, if you booked with him, you would have a wonderful time.

With Ambrose do you know how long the sea ride is back and this would shorten the tour? Thanks for the clarification it is very appreciated. Thanks

Akruz - as you say right here you are not interested in the beach time, you may wont to consider a different tour group all together - take a look at Serenity TVL. They offer several tours down the West Coast that do not include beach time. There is the land/sea combo which hits all the main highlights - sights in Castries, followed by the west coast, volcano, lunch, and then a catamaran back to the dock. Or they have a half-day tour that starts later in the morning - only 3.5-4 hours that includes the major sights in Castries, banana plantation, volcano and Pitons views. does not include any lunch or drinks as it starts later in the day - but it's only $35Us pp. As you say you are not interested in the beach portion anyways - then this may be a great fit for you. www dot serenitytvl dot com. They also have other island tour options. Worth taking a look at!

Just want to make sure you know there are other options!

enjoy your visit whichever one you choose!

Oh thankyou and I will check other options. I really did not know there were other options so Thanks. I can be thankful to website for resources.

With Ambrose do you know how long the sea ride is back and this would shorten the tour? Thanks for the clarification it is very appreciated. Thanks

The sea ride is usually about 35-45 minutes - so not a whole lot shorter, but provides a much different view of the coastline, which is incredibly beautiful from the water. You pass many coves and private looking beaches, lots of cliffs, usually pull into Marigot Bay for a photo op and up close to the Lady Slipper - a natural stone arch seen in Pirates of the Caribbean (the land tours all stop to see this - usually on the return, you can see it from the highway, but the boats pull up close.) All in all, it's a great way to see the best of both worlds in St. Lucia.

Hope this helps!

The sea ride is usually about 35-45 minutes - so not a whole lot shorter, but provides a much different view of the coastline, which is incredibly beautiful from the water. You pass many coves and private looking beaches, lots of cliffs, usually pull into Marigot Bay for a photo op and up close to the Lady Slipper - a natural stone arch seen in Pirates of the Caribbean (the land tours all stop to see this - usually on the return, you can see it from the highway, but the boats pull up close.) All in all, it's a great way to see the best of both worlds in St. Lucia.

Hope this helps!

yes, it certainly does help thanks for the response.

I would like to know which tour will get us back to the ship sooner and I read somewhere that the land tour can make you car sick. But I am in a catch 22 as I get sea sick and car sick if twisting & winding roads.

Thanks

I would like to know which tour will get us back to the ship sooner and I read somewhere that the land tour can make you car sick. But I am in a catch 22 as I get sea sick and car sick if twisting & winding roads.

Thanks

They will both get you back in similar time, whether you do land or sea return. The roads are windy in St. Lucia - we are a mountainous island. And there is no way to predict the ocean for the return whether it will be rough or smooth. The boat Spencer uses is a fairly small speedboat - you can see pictures on his website. He has been known to put his passngers with the catamaran return on occasion, but no guarantee that will happen.

I would advise you to be prepred with some anti-nasea medication - gravol or dramamine, etc. and also maybe ask the tour operator to stock some ginger ale.

There are lots of stops on the land tour, no long contiuous stretches of back and forth, so that should help. And on the return, you can always ask the driver to stop as often as needed to help calm your stomach. Can't stop the rolling of the ocean!

You may be better off with a private tour with Serenity or the like as that would be in a private car and can stop as often as needed, go slower, etc.

Good luck - I do hope you find the tour that suits you best.

Archived