Your Suggestion(s) Please - ES/Adding Passengers

Helllllo out there (echos-there, there, there)!!

I am booked for the 11/26/12 sailing on Carnival Destiny...

I am booked single as of right now ((I placed the $200 deposit when booking and have since paid all but $300)). My mother is cruising with me as well as a friend. The goal was to have 2 rooms with the friend paying for her way/add'l guest.

ORIGINAL PLAN:

Rm1: Mom&Me

Rm2: Friend+1

Now...it looks like...

a) looks like the friend will be traveling solo & my mother suggested she just room with us

b) I'm a tad-bit afraid to add folks (yes even my dearest Mommy) as ES b/c there aren't any name changes/switching passengers as I understand...

c) Rates for 3ppl vs. 2 are less, so how does that work?

So...I was thinking (I don't get paid to think, so I'm coming here to ask advice) that I should *wait* to add their names?! (Hesitant b/c things happen, right?! But *I* know I'll be on Destiny come hell or high water & I plan on purchasing insurance as well)

I have no problem with paying the entire thing in full then splitting the room costs/fees 3 ways & being reimbursed. If waiting is the suggestion - wait until when? Paid in full? Closer to leave?

Am I making sense? or is this only in my head? lol...anyhoo.

Suggestions/advice welcomed...

PS-I love CC. :D

As long as the room can accomadate the amount of passengers you can add to reservation under ES. We did this on a previous cruise (added 1) and the ES rate was still valid, they just charged the going rate for 4th passenger. Plus you can upgrade under ES also.

As long as the room can accomadate the amount of passengers you can add to reservation under ES. We did this on a previous cruise (added 1) and the ES rate was still valid, they just charged the going rate for 4th passenger. Plus you can upgrade under ES also.

Thanks! We're considering possibly upgrading as well as it'll still come out cheaper for 3 vs. 2 folks in the room. I think my main question would still just be...when to add the add'l passengers?? When it's paid in full?

Have you asked the friend how she will feel about the extra bed. I dont know her age, but some people arent going to want a sofa bed, a rollaway or a upper bunk bed. I would discuss this with her, and the fact that her deposit is nonrefundable if she cant go.

I know when I was going to book with three, I decided not the charge the full amount for pax # 3 due to the lesser bed.

Have you asked the friend how she will feel about the extra bed. I dont know her age, but some people arent going to want a sofa bed, a rollaway or a upper bunk bed. I would discuss this with her, and the fact that her deposit is nonrefundable if she cant go.

I know when I was going to book with three, I decided not the charge the full amount for pax # 3 due to the lesser bed.

She's actually the veteran cruiser of our bunch and she and my mother almost suggested it at the same time. I told her that would mean she'd be on a sofa bed and she said that would be fine, "not a problem at all". Shoot, I'd switch it up with her if that be the case, but she said she's really not picky...

But as it stands right now, I'm booked solo in the cabin......when should I add the "extra" passengers for fear of something may happen to prevent them from going. Does that make sense??

She's actually the veteran cruiser of our bunch and she and my mother almost suggested it at the same time. I told her that would mean she'd be on a sofa bed and she said that would be fine, "not a problem at all". Shoot, I'd switch it up with her if that be the case, but she said she's really not picky...

But as it stands right now, I'm booked solo in the cabin......when should I add the "extra" passengers for fear of something may happen to prevent them from going. Does that make sense??

Well, I assume you are already booked in a triple?? Thats the issue. Make sure on the deck plans it is a convertible sofa not just a regular sofa. If you are in a triple already, then you can wait as the 3rd rate is much less than the regular rate, so it doesnt go up and down as much. Whenever you add her, she would then pay the current rate.

The only risk is you could get moved to a 2 pax cabin if you are indeed already booked in a triple.

I would wait right until final payment. Once final payment is made, the cancellation policy takes effect anyway.

You could always call your PVP, Carnival or your TA and ask them when is the last possible day you can add someone. It may be closer to sailing then all of us think.

Well, I assume you are already booked in a triple?? Thats the issue. Make sure on the deck plans it is a convertible sofa not just a regular sofa. If you are in a triple already, then you can wait as the 3rd rate is much less than the regular rate, so it doesnt go up and down as much. Whenever you add her, she would then pay the current rate.

The only risk is you could get moved to a 2 pax cabin if you are indeed already booked in a triple.

I'm currently booked a 2 person room...We discussed possibly upgrading to a higher OV room that accomodates 3 or even a balcony. Still playing around with floor plans/options.

I just didn't know when to add the add'l passengers for fear if they back out, monies on their part will be lost (well 50, then 150 added to future cruise).

I'm currently booked a 2 person room...We discussed possibly upgrading to a higher OV room that accomodates 3 or even a balcony. Still playing around with floor plans/options.

I just didn't know when to add the add'l passengers for fear if they back out, monies on their part will be lost (well 50, then 150 added to future cruise).

Only if you add them ES .. do what I did and add them at a similar rate, like past guest to your ES booking. You are price protected, they are not, but rate for pax #3 not that much change.

Archived