RCI sale says new bookings

I keep missing out on being able to upgrade from PR to a D2 - TA only works part time and time difference is causing problems. When I read the eligibility for this one day sale, it says valid for new bookings only. Can I still pay the few hundred difference and get a balcony? We have paid in full, as cruise departs 30 April. Can I bypass my agent (internet) and go direct to RCI? Thank you for any help.

I am in Australia also and when I noticed the huge price drop on our transatlantic I phoned RCI to enquire about paying the difference to upgrade. The sale was for new bookings only and RCI refused to allow me to pay the difference. I spoke with them several times and was told the same answer. I ended up cancelling the booking and forfeiting the deposit (it still worked out a lot cheaper for the upgrade even after losing the deposit.)

Well, I have emailed the US agent (13 hours time difference) so can only wait and see. We have paid in full, so cannot cancel and rebook. Others on the site seem to have been able to pay the difference and get upgrades.

If you're booked with a TA, the cruise line will only deal with them. If it's a one-day (Tuesday) special that's for New Bookings Only, then you would have to cancel your current reservation (with penalties) and rebook. Your TA may be able to work out something for you, but it's far from certain. Sometimes they really stick to their guns on the New Bookings Only specials.

Good luck! I hope they let you pay for that upgrade at the special fare.:)

beachchick

I had this same situation a month or so ago. I wanted to pay over $400 to upgrade to a balcony from an inside on a transatlantic cruise. I had made final payment. My TA did call and spoke with 4 different departments and finally had luck with the resolutions department, and they did let us pay for the upgrade.

For the record, I think it is BAD customer relations by RCI not to allow those who have already booked to take advantage of the same sale they are offering to the general public who have not booked yet. ESPECIALLY when we are PAYING for the upgrade and not asking for a freebie. Just MHO.

Good luck, keep after your agent and ask them to call the resolutions dept.

I don't know that it's bad customer service ... though it can be frustrating. They have cabins on sale that are priced to attract new customers at the last minute and they'd rather fill a discounted cabin with a full fare as opposed to getting just a little more money and still having the same number of cabins to fill.

Archived