What Activities are available on the 2 night NYC Cruise on Magic?

NolaFireLI

Wondering if any of my fellow CC members can help me....

I'm wondering what exactly is available activities wise for both kids and adults on the 2 Night, Cruise-to-Nowhere on the Magic out of NY. We will be traveling with my almost 8 year old niece, who has cruised before on RCI.

I have this family cruise booked for August, and I want to get an idea of just what might be available for us to do, since it is such a short little "tasting" of a Disney Cruise.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! THANKS! :D

my family is also going on the 2 night cruise from new york i was told by two diffenert sources that the only activies will be the sail away party. no pirate party, fireworks or characther breakfast. i was very disppionted. wish i knew that before i booked.

my family is also going on the 2 night cruise from new york i was told by two diffenert sources that the only activies will be the sail away party. no pirate party, fireworks or characther breakfast. i was very disppionted. wish i knew that before i booked.

i would of thought they would of had a pirate night. character breakfast is only for cruises 7 nights and longer

The only things I know about the 2 night cruises is that you will be assigned to eat in the same dining room both nights. Animators Palatte will not have their show.

There will be shows in the Walt Disney Theatre both nights. I've heard both that there will be pirate night and that there will not be pirate night, so I'd try calling DCL and asking.

:)

I'm hoping that there are some activities on board... I mean I know it's a very shortened cruise, and not a lot of time, but there should be time to have a pirate night, or some kind of FUN and not just going to dinner and a movie/show... I could stay on land and not have the expense of the cruise!!

Here's hoping that before we board that some FUN gets planned for us!!

I'm hoping that there are some activities on board... I mean I know it's a very shortened cruise, and not a lot of time, but there should be time to have a pirate night, or some kind of FUN and not just going to dinner and a movie/show... I could stay on land and not have the expense of the cruise!!

Here's hoping that before we board that some FUN gets planned for us!!

I'm sure they will try to cram as much fun as they can into the 2 days!!

It's great to see others jumping onboard this cruise... In case you haven't gone over yet, make sure you jump on the roll-call.

I'm really looking forward to this cruise, probably more than my niece, but I know she is excited too. The main activity I'm wondering about is the Princess Tea, or something princess-like that I can take her to, and give her parents a break!! ;)

I guess we will learn soon enough from the others doing this special 2 night sail to nowhere cruise in June & July.. and we will just have to be patient and wait for them to clue us in!!

Looking forward to seeing all of you on board!

It's great to see others jumping onboard this cruise... In case you haven't gone over yet, make sure you jump on the roll-call.

I'm really looking forward to this cruise, probably more than my niece, but I know she is excited too. The main activity I'm wondering about is the Princess Tea, or something princess-like that I can take her to, and give her parents a break!! ;)

I guess we will learn soon enough from the others doing this special 2 night sail to nowhere cruise in June & July.. and we will just have to be patient and wait for them to clue us in!!

Looking forward to seeing all of you on board!

Do they have a Princess Tea? They didn't do that on the Dream. Either way, I am sure we will all have a blast!!

Going to check out the roll call now!

I'm hoping I can get something fun in with my niece and give her parents and Boo-Boo (Grandma) a break in the action for a little bit of time. If it's not the Princess Tea I'm sure there will be something I can do with her. I know my niece is just as excited about going on this cruise as I am!!

As for adult activities, since I'm going with family and Grandma is in tow to watch our little princess, the 4 of us adults I'm sure will find some lounge to have some adult beverages in for the 2 nights we are together!! I'm not too worried about adult activities, it's the fun times as a whole group that I'm curious about!

Thanks everyone for your input so far... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
The only things I know about the 2 night cruises is that you will be assigned to eat in the same dining room both nights. Animators Palatte will not have their show.

There will be shows in the Walt Disney Theatre both nights. I've heard both that there will be pirate night and that there will not be pirate night, so I'd try calling DCL and asking.

:)

I spoke with DCL yesterday and I was informed that there will be three dining rotations. I believe they are Animators/Parrot Cay, Parrot Cay/Lumiers, and Lumiers/Animators. I may have the rotations mixed up but you definitely get to sample two restaurants.

I was also told that the two dinners would be casual. By casual I am assuming nothing special for the menu. Also, there will be no pirate night and no fireworks. There will be two shows but the cast member was unsure of which ones.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know... it seems like they are trying to make these NYC sailing something special, but infact they aren't that special since there will be no Pirate Night, no fireworks... 2 casual dinners with assigned times. I feel like I'm about to board an assembly line!!!

I mean I am still thrilled to be going, don't get me wrong, but for the money we're all shelling out for this short little trip, they should be including everything like a normal, longer cruise. This 2 day cruise is a taste for all of us, and if they want us to come back and be regular Disney Line cruisers, they really need to look into this and get some activities for ALL OF US! :eek:

I don't know... it seems like they are trying to make these NYC sailing something special, but infact they aren't that special since there will be no Pirate Night, no fireworks... 2 casual dinners with assigned times. I feel like I'm about to board an assembly line!!!

I mean I am still thrilled to be going, don't get me wrong, but for the money we're all shelling out for this short little trip, they should be including everything like a normal, longer cruise. This 2 day cruise is a taste for all of us, and if they want us to come back and be regular Disney Line cruisers, they really need to look into this and get some activities for ALL OF US! :eek:

I understand that you, and others, feel this way. For DCL I think that they view the 2 night as a sample cruise. For people who haven't cruised and are testing the waters (pun intended). That being said I don't know the pricing of the 2 nights but I'm sure that they are no cheaper per night than a 5 or 7 day cruise. Given the additional overhead I'd think they would be more. Not sure of their reasoning other than the teaser factor. If they were cheaper per night I could see them cutting expensive things like fireworks. To me pirate night would make me want to do it again.

I would also think that the port charges for NYC are a lot more the Port Canaveral and other ports, but not enough to charge that much for a 2 night cruise. But, we have drunk the Disney water and paying the $$$.

On the other hand, there's a huge number of Disney fans in the NYC area and this is a way for them to get aboard a Disney ship without the trouble and expense of traveling to Port Canaveral. If this was politics, I would say that Disney is reaching out to their base.

No, I do love that fact that Disney cruises is coming up to NYC and cruising out of this port that many of us on this thread are very close to, and don’t have to travel far to get onboard.

My issue is really, why offer this 2 day cruise, a teaser cruise if you will, yes a testing-the-waters cruise for some folks… if they aren’t going to show us ANYTHING that a longer cruise has to offer?? After going on these boards and seeing all the “fun” things that a 7-nighter has to offer, one looks on paper at this little 2-nighter and laughs! From the looks of it, so far, all we get is brunch on that FULL day that we are on board… YAWN!! :eek:

…Here’s to hoping that the sun is shining and that there is room to breathe in the Quiet Cove Pool area!!! :D

Hi All, I too will be sailing on the Magic out of NYC on June 15th 2 nighter. I agree with above posters, I had been asking DCL travel planners for the last 2 months about the activities, specifically the Pirate In the...North Atlantic ??? Party, what shows will be performed, the dining rotation, the free tea for the little ones etc. and they really seem to have no answers.... Bad planning, NO planning, or a big surprise? There seems to be no logic as to why they would not do these things , as part of a "hard sell" to snag future cruisers.. I mean, We have the time, we are a captive audience with 2 "sea days" to fill, not like we'll be off the ship for excursions and they will run out of time... I can tell you, I will report back after the cruise for the July / August people, but for this amount of money - Mickey better dazzle me ! I want the Mickey Magic!

I mean, We have the time, we are a captive audience with 2 "sea days" to fill, not like we'll be off the ship for excursions and they will run out of time... I can tell you, I will report back after the cruise for the July / August people, but for this amount of money - Mickey better dazzle me ! I want the Mickey Magic!

Don't you really only have one "sea day" to fill? The first day, boarding may start around noon, but you wouldn't sail out until late afternoon after the mandatory muster drill. I would hope they aren't short-changing you on a sailaway party. I would expect 2 evening mainstage shows, evening family and adult activities, and a sea day scheduled with nonstop activities for kids, families, and adults just as one would see on a sea day on one of the longer cruises. I wouldn't expect to see more simultaneous choices offered than one would normally see on a sea day just to pack ALL of the longer-cruise activities into the short cruise because, well, there are only so many crew members to go around.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All, I too will be sailing on the Magic out of NYC on June 15th 2 nighter. I agree with above posters, I had been asking DCL travel planners for the last 2 months about the activities, specifically the Pirate In the...North Atlantic ??? Party, what shows will be performed, the dining rotation, the free tea for the little ones etc. and they really seem to have no answers.... Bad planning, NO planning, or a big surprise? There seems to be no logic as to why they would not do these things , as part of a "hard sell" to snag future cruisers.. I mean, We have the time, we are a captive audience with 2 "sea days" to fill, not like we'll be off the ship for excursions and they will run out of time... I can tell you, I will report back after the cruise for the July / August people, but for this amount of money - Mickey better dazzle me ! I want the Mickey Magic!

That would be great if you could report back mommabelle...Yes it might only be one full sea day to fill with activities for the young & the young-at-heart, I do expect a whole lot of Disney fun!!!;)

Archived