New Cruise Terminal Singapore

springaussie

Well, you KNOW that we American's bring alot of luggage!:rolleyes:

We usually carry two bags each of 50 lb and two carry on's which are usually

about 18 lbs. I know the smaller airlines are somewhat restrictive and we would need to pay for luggage when I book the flights.;)

about 18 lbs. I know the smaller airlines are somewhat restrictive and we would need to pay for luggage when I book the flights.;)

Is that one 50lb bag per person or two 50lb bags per person?

If it is one 50lb per person, then I think it is fairly standard for a long-haul carrier to allow this. The check-in allowance is usually 1 X 20kg for Economy class, and usually they allow a few more kg additional if you fly long-haul.

When you mention 'smaller airlines', which ones are you referring to?

There is still no news when the Singapore new International Cruise Terminal will be operational. I am leaving Singapore for New Orleans tomorrow to board Voyager of the Seas and sail with her all the way back to Singapore. I hope the new ICT will be operational by than for us to dock on 26 May.

TeeKay

Is that one 50lb bag per person or two 50lb bags per person?

If it is one 50lb per person, then I think it is fairly standard for a long-haul carrier to allow this. The check-in allowance is usually 1 X 20kg for Economy class, and usually they allow a few more kg additional if you fly long-haul.

When you mention 'smaller airlines', which ones are you referring to?

Was looking at Jetstar and Asia Air...also Thai airlines...they seem to be very reasonable, direct flights...any thoughts?

You're most welcomed.

Well, I am Singaporean and have lived here almost all my life. Glad to be of help.

Speaking of Changi departures, I'm flying off for a work trip on Tuesday and I was just reminded to check which terminal my flight is departing from!!

Anyway, what is this "luggage thing" that is of concern?

Do you know where Diamond Princess will be docking when she calls there for the fall season? She is calling there on November 23 2012 on her Nov 10 2012 Beijing to Bangkok itinerary. Also, how far is the new terminal from the city center and is it only for ships home porting there? Will ships making day calls also use it?

Thanks for your help,

Liz

Do you know where Diamond Princess will be docking when she calls there for the fall season? She is calling there on November 23 2012 on her Nov 10 2012 Beijing to Bangkok itinerary. Also, how far is the new terminal from the city center and is it only for ships home porting there? Will ships making day calls also use it?

Thanks for your help,

Liz

Hi Liz,

I understand the Diamond Princess is 115,875GT, 951ft long with a beam of 123 ft.

My contacts in the cruise industry told me that the existing Singapore Cruise Terminal at Harbourfront would not be able to take a ship of this size.

Therefore she will either have to call at the new international cruise terminal or some container wharf.

The new terminal can be used by any ship. The cruise line just has to work with the cruise terminal operator.

The new terminal is very close to the city center, probably about 10 minutes by bus.

• 2 weeks later...

I am flying to Singapore from Vancouver on Air Canada to Hong Kong, then Singapore Airlines to Singapore. I would be allowed to check 2 23 kg (50lb) bags on Air Canada (I would never have that much luggage, but would use 2 smaller bags, which wouldn't go over the 50 lbs fully stuffed! However, because I am going to Hong Kong on Singapore Airlines on the way back, I would be allowed 20 kg (44 lbs), then pay a fee per kg above that. Quite a difference! It will be one bag only, for sure.

I am flying to Singapore from Vancouver on Air Canada to Hong Kong, then Singapore Airlines to Singapore. I would be allowed to check 2 23 kg (50lb) bags on Air Canada (I would never have that much luggage, but would use 2 smaller bags, which wouldn't go over the 50 lbs fully stuffed! However, because I am going to Hong Kong on Singapore Airlines on the way back, I would be allowed 20 kg (44 lbs), then pay a fee per kg above that. Quite a difference! It will be one bag only, for sure.

Wow, Air Canada is generous with the baggage allowance!!

:cool:

There is still no news when the Singapore new International Cruise Terminal will be operational. I am leaving Singapore for New Orleans tomorrow to board Voyager of the Seas and sail with her all the way back to Singapore. I hope the new ICT will be operational by than for us to dock on 26 May.

TeeKay

Hi slogam

Here's a link to some info on the ICT, should be helpfull.

http://nz.bing.com/images/search?q=singapore+international+cruise+terminal&view=detail&id=03D31AB43B483E120AEB6D188503CFAB62D83ABB&first=121&FORM=IDFRIR

It's a big link, I know, but there is a lot of info with photos.

I'm doing two cruises on Voyager biggining June so am looking forward to seeing the new terminal. It looks bizzare but in an interesting way.

Don't worry, it will be ready.

• 3 weeks later...

HI All

I just got my cruise docs from the TA. Here are some info on getting to the International Cruise Terminal.

Venue : International Cruise Terminal (ICT)

Address : 61 Marina Coastal Drive, Singapore 018947

1. Driving Directions:

Coming from ECP (to City), Marine Parade, Changi Airport

01 Continue on ECP (toward City)

02 Take Exit 17A – Marina Place/Marina South/Central Boulevard

03 Turn LEFT to stay on Marina Place

04 Turn RIGHT at Marina Boulevard

05 Slight RIGHT to continue along Marina Coastal Drive

06 Destination is on your LEFT after Marina South Pier

Coming from ECP (to Changi Airport), Keppel

01 Continue on ECP (toward Changi Airport)

02 Take Exit 17 to merge onto Maxwell Road

03 Turn RIGHT onto Central Boulevard

04 Take the first RIGHT onto Marina Way

05 Slight LEFT onto Marina Street

06 Turn RIGHT at Marina Boulevard

07 Slight RIGHT to continue along Marina Coastal Drive

08 Destination is on your LEFT after Marina South Pier

2. Taxis

A location surcharge will be implemented for SMRT, Transcab and Premier taxis.

Tier Amount Description

0700hrs – 1059hrs S$5.00 A S$5.00 location surcharge is applicable for each taxi trip starting from International Cruise Terminal between 0700hrs to 1059hrs for Mondays to Sundays and Public Holidays

All other times S$3.00 A S$3.00 location surcharge is applicable for each taxi trip starting from International Cruise Terminal from 1100hrs to 0659hrs for all other times

3. Public Bus

The hours of operation of Service 402 are from 0600 to 2345 hrs (All days)

The frequency range of the schedule to be implemented would be as follows:

Period 0600 - 0830 0831 - 2345

From Shenton Way Terminal

(Loop at ICT) 17 - 19 min 22 - 28 min

4. Shuttle buses:

The shuttle bus service is complimentary for all 5 sailings of RCI.

There will be a loop service plying from Marina Bay Sands Convention Centre (drop-off only), to Marina Bay MRT (pick-up and drop-off) and then back to ICT.

The hours of operation are from 0700hrs (for trips starting at ICT) to 1700 hrs. The frequency will be 10 mins throughout.

5. Parking Rates:

0701- 2230 $2 per hour of part thereof for first 2 hrs

$3 per hour of part thereof for subsequent hrs

2231-0700 $3 per entry

Parking charges capped at $30 per 24hr block

Hope this helps.

We're cruising on the Diamond in late November (Bangkok-Sydney) and it looks like we'll dock at the new terminal. How easy will it be to exchange some USD or AUD for SGD at the new terminal?

Seems like it would be a ideal place for an exchange booth. I prefer not to use ATM's.

Archived