Have the AC problems on the Veendam been resolved?

ekmmom

we traveld to Bermuda 2 summers ago and one of our cabins definitely had issues and I remember lots of threads listing various other cabins that were having problems with it too at that time. We are thinking of going back this Aug as everything else on the cruise was perfect but are wondering if the air conditioning problems persist? Thanks for any info!

We didn't notice any a/c problems last year, but we went in Oct and it wasn't terribly hot. However, we had a balky toilet, and saw other signs of plumbing problems on our deck: fans in the hallway drying carpet.

Last September my parents and I were on the same deck, different sides, one cabin midshipman and one aft, our cabin was comfortable, they asked for a fan because it was too hot in their cabin. You could still feel the temperature differences in the hallways as well.

That being said it was cooler than our august trip 2 yrs ago, when both cabins were stifling. Hope this helps,

Laura

Last September my parents and I were on the same deck, different sides, one cabin midshipman and one aft, our cabin was comfortable, they asked for a fan because it was too hot in their cabin. You could still feel the temperature differences in the hallways as well.

That being said it was cooler than our august trip 2 yrs ago, when both cabins were stifling. Hope this helps,

Laura

Hi, do you mind telling me what the cabin numbers were for the hot cabins?

Thanks so much!

Hi, do you mind telling me what the cabin numbers were for the hot cabins?

Thanks so much!

IIRC 007, 677, 398+404 (connecting rooms were the hottest!) and 420 were all hot. These were 3 different months May, August and September of 2010 or 2011. I have been on this ship 3 times I don't recall the which cabin went with which month, but I do remember where I stayed (or other family members). I don't recall the cabin number for the room that was comfortable in Sept. It was main deck port side midship though.

Hope this helps!

Laura

Multiple reports from guests from the last cruise with cabins on the Lower Promenade Deck that the AC (and plumbing) had chronic issues on the last South America departure. Temperatures of 84-102F in stateroom, musty moldy smells, and fans placed by crew in corridors to help with circulation and blow the smell out. :(

Multiple reports from guests from the last cruise with cabins on the Lower Promenade Deck that the AC (and plumbing) had chronic issues on the last South America departure. Temperatures of 84-102F in stateroom, musty moldy smells, and fans placed by crew in corridors to help with circulation and blow the smell out. :(

Hmmm. This concerns me as well (booked for May 6).

I have looked at CC Member Reviews, and haven't seen any complaints from the last few reviews.....can you tell me where you saw them?

Thankyou.

IIRC 007, 677, 398+404 (connecting rooms were the hottest!) and 420 were all hot. These were 3 different months May, August and September of 2010 or 2011. I have been on this ship 3 times I don't recall the which cabin went with which month, but I do remember where I stayed (or other family members). I don't recall the cabin number for the room that was comfortable in Sept. It was main deck port side midship though.

Hope this helps!

Laura

Thanks so much!

Archived