Dining preferences on reservation

Tweedy

Seeing the new layout on the Celebrity website makes looking at your reservation nicer. I do have a question that I'm scratching my head on and hoping maybe someone would be able to enlighten me.

Under our dining preferences on the reservation, it listed the type of dining and the time for our reservation. Right under that it states you have one special occasion. I don't recall noting any special occasions on my celebrity account and can't figure out where this information is being taken from.

The only thing I can think of is that my birthday is the following week and maybe my TA noted it on my reservation.

Anyone have any ideas??

Just because you don't know about it yet doesn't mean that it is not going to happen.

People experience all sorts of unexpected special occasions on a cruise......getting engaged...... discovering they're pregnant....who knows?

:D:D

I have the same '1 special occasion' listed under the dining section as well. There are no birthdays or any special days I can think of for the period of time on the ship. I did request my TA to request a specific number of people at a table so that might have been the special occasion? Maybe the fact that there is a selected dining time itself is considered a special occasion by Celebrity's booking program?

Maybe someone can enlighten us on that.

I have late seating dining, which I requested and for which I'm happy. But I can't find where my table size preference is listed, meaning table for two or large table for eight. I usually go to the maitre d' on embarkation day to double check it, although it means killing 1/2 hour or more of that short amount of time before we sail. Even when I booked, the travel agent said they don't take table size at that point, that I'd have to put in a preference after I got my booking number. Anyone else submit a table size preference? Do you see it on your dining summary?

I requested a table for 2 at 6:15 Traditional Dining and it is listed under special services beneath both of our names on the documentation they e-mailed to me. I booked directly with Celebrity. It does not appear on the my reservation account.

Thanks, england1. My reservation summary only shows:

Your Selected Arrangements

My Name: Traditional Dining 08:30 PM

For all special dining requests, as well as to modify your Main Dining Arrangements, please contact your Travel Agent at the number above.

So now that I'm booked, I'll give the travel agent a call to put in my table size request and hope they respect/fulfill that :)

I have late seating dining, which I requested and for which I'm happy. But I can't find where my table size preference is listed, meaning table for two or large table for eight. I usually go to the maitre d' on embarkation day to double check it, although it means killing 1/2 hour or more of that short amount of time before we sail. Even when I booked, the travel agent said they don't take table size at that point, that I'd have to put in a preference after I got my booking number. Anyone else submit a table size preference? Do you see it on your dining summary?

I requested a 10 top table and that is what I have been assigned to. However, it does not show on my dining summary. During one of my conversations with a Captain's Club rep, I confirmed my request for a large table and it is then that I was told I would be seated at a 10 top. Perhaps you could have your travel agent place a call to Celebrity to confirm your dining arrangements.

I also have a "1 special occasion" noted on my reservation summary. My upcoming cruise is in celebration of having survived cancer. I saw where people get recognition for life milestones such as anniversaries, birthdays, engagements, coming of age, etc. so I called the Captain's Club to see if my life milestone could be commemorated on board. When I was asked what my milestone was and I revealed it, I was met with great laughter and was told "I'll mark that down and we'll have to see how they will handle that one". I was dumbfounded at his insensitivity and remarked as such. So yes, we will have to see how Celebrity will handle this life milestone. It may not be a big "event" to them but it sure is to me.

I saw the same thing - we originally booked a table for two on late seating for our two forthcoming cruises. Our reservation says late seating, no mention of the table for two but a special occasion on each cruise. We have no special occasions to celebrate on either one (apart from being on a cruise:D).

I have posted in the thread about the new website as Celebrity have replied to that thread and will post back here if any comment is made about it.

I requested a 10 top table and that is what I have been assigned to. However, it does not show on my dining summary. During one of my conversations with a Captain's Club rep, I confirmed my request for a large table and it is then that I was told I would be seated at a 10 top. Perhaps you could have your travel agent place a call to Celebrity to confirm your dining arrangements.

I also have a "1 special occasion" noted on my reservation summary. My upcoming cruise is in celebration of having survived cancer. I saw where people get recognition for life milestones such as anniversaries, birthdays, engagements, coming of age, etc. so I called the Captain's Club to see if my life milestone could be commemorated on board. When I was asked what my milestone was and I revealed it, I was met with great laughter and was told "I'll mark that down and we'll have to see how they will handle that one". I was dumbfounded at his insensitivity and remarked as such. So yes, we will have to see how Celebrity will handle this life milestone. It may not be a big "event" to them but it sure is to me.

It is a big event, and should be celebrated as such! I am very happy for you and hope that Celebrity will give this celebration the importance and respect that it deserves Congratulations to you!!!:)

We have early dining and I called Celebrity to request a table for four as we are traveling with another couple whose reservation is linked to ours. The early dining shows on the onlline reservation but not the table for four request. I noticed this right after I made the request and when I called I was told that it won't show online but the person I spoke with sent me a hard copy (per email) of my reservation that does show the request for the table for four.

Also, our onlline reservation does show 'special occasion' for which there is none but we did make the special request for a table for four.

Hi, :)I checked my reservation after reading this thread and it also says

1 Special Ocassion....the only special ocassion about it is that I am

able to take a cruise to the Med:D;).

Seriously, not sure what they are referring to.......

...I also have a "1 special occasion" noted on my reservation summary. My upcoming cruise is in celebration of having survived cancer. I saw where people get recognition for life milestones such as anniversaries, birthdays, engagements, coming of age, etc. so I called the Captain's Club to see if my life milestone could be commemorated on board. When I was asked what my milestone was and I revealed it, I was met with great laughter and was told "I'll mark that down and we'll have to see how they will handle that one". I was dumbfounded at his insensitivity and remarked as such. So yes, we will have to see how Celebrity will handle this life milestone. It may not be a big "event" to them but it sure is to me.

I agree that your milestone is a major reason for celebration!

I'm sorry the rep came across as being insensitive. I wonder if it was a nervous reaction or him wondering what they would do to commemorate your milestone. The reason I say this is that in my limited experience they only way I've seen special occasions commemorated on board has been by the waiters bringing a cake and singing Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary or Happy Retirement (more or less all to the same tune). Is the type of acknowledgment you are hoping for in regards to your milestone or did you have something else in mind? If you've seen other types of acknowledgement on board then please share.

I have noticed the same thing, my BD is in April but I did not put a special occasion when I booked. We always ask for a table for 2. It is not listed on the website but if I call Celebrity they do have us down for a table for 2

Marg

8 days then on the Silouette!

Archived