For Bonnie or Serene

Hi Bonnie & Serene,

If you happen to be lurking these sites, we were wondering if we could pick your brain...we put a deposit down for a cruise on the Brilliance for early '06, and we were able to get a cabin 9658...based on our previous discussions regarding the Aft, I should mention. We're on 9390 on the Voyager in two weeks, which we're thrilled about, but are wondering how the Aft cabins are on the Radiance class...either of you happen to be in 9658 on the Brilliance?

As always, we appreciate your input, and value your advice.

Regards,

Michael & Silke

Sorry to jump on your thread but I have 9390 on the Navigator in July. We have never had an aft cabin and I would love to hear your opinions when you get back. Thanks. :)

Emily, it would be a pleasure to fill you in when we get back...we're on the Voyager from 5/7 to 5/15, so as soon as we're home and settled I'll you know all about it.

Have a great weekend,

Michael

Hi Michael, I am sorry but I have never sailed on a Radiance-class ship and therefore have no first-hand advice regarding Brilliance's aft cabins :( . From what I've heard, they are just as good as the Voyager-class balconies and without that steel structure at the back of the ship! I can confirm that 9390 is an awesome cabin/balcony on any Voyager-class ship!!!

Hi

I sailed on Explorer Nov 04 in cabin 9390 it was a great cabin I thought I would hate the fact it had a single door and the round porthole but I didn't. I have also sailed on Brillance in cabin 9258 which should be a mirror of the cabin you are asking about. It seemed bigger than 9390 on EOS as it had a 3 seater sofa rather than a two seater also the balcony was bigger - room for 2 chairs a table and 2 loungers and still a little room left. In 9390 the balcony is a strange shape and definately smaller the the one on Radiance the same amount of furniture was a tight squeeze (too tight really we staked the chairs to one side) however there is slightly more of a view as you can see to the side as well as straight back.

I have 9392 on AOS in December but booked too late for our Freedom cruise for next year so I am trying a side balcony for the first time.

I loved both of the cabins you are talking about and I am sure you will too.

Just like Bonnie I am an aft addict.

Jo

We picked 9390 only because we are traveling with people who wanted inside cabins. The aft was one of the only places where we could be close. I am glad to hear good things about the location. We are getting excited!

MIchael, I am getting on Voyager 5/15/05. Take care of 9390 till I get there. Have a great cruise!!! Patrick

Everything I've heard from Bonnie, Serene, and others is that 9390 will be a great cabin, and we'll enjoy it for sure. We're doing the repo cruise from Miami to Bayonne...is the 5/15 trip Bermuda, Canada, or the Carribean?

Michael

I am certainly going to watch for your thoughts Mike, I am on the opposite repo on November 18 in cabin 1394. Can you measure how long it takes to get from the elevators to the cabins? I here its a long walk, but hey that means I can just eat more food.:D

People are always complaining about the long walk from the aft, but I never thought it was that bad. It would be no different than having a cabin at the front of the ship. Even if you are mid-ship you have to walk alot because the food is at the back of the ship and the shows are at the front of the ship and sooner or later you have to walk from one end to the other ;) Let's face it, these are some HUGE ships and if you don't like to walk you better not be sailing on these monsters! :eek:

I am certainly going to watch for your thoughts Mike, I am on the opposite repo on November 18 in cabin 1394. Can you measure how long it takes to get from the elevators to the cabins? I here its a long walk, but hey that means I can just eat more food.:D

We agree with Bonnie, and are not concerned about the walk. Frankly, we are really looking forward to the privacy that the aft will offer...We are expecting (perhaps "hoping" is a better adjective) that it will be quiet back there.

Not to worry, we will post our thoughts when we return.

Mike & Silke

There is a crew stairwell on each aft corner of the ship. On each of our cruises our Steward has told us it is okay for us to run up to the Island Grill via this stairwell and we have done so on several occasions with no repercussions but I have read where others have been told in no uncertain terms that it is a CREW ONLY stairwell. I suggest you ask your Steward and see what he/she says. I would not have used it if I had been told not to and I think in the future I will probably be hesitant to use it now that I've heard that others have been told not to. It really is convenient though for that quick trip up the steps in my jammies for an emergency ice cream cone before bedtime ;)!

Aft on Radiance Class ships, deck 9 is better then Voyager Class ships deck 9 in my opinion.

Have had 9690 and 1688 on Voyager Class ships and have had 9256 in a Radiance Class ship, have also been in some of the middle afts on deck 9 that friends had booked on Radiance.

Major difference is no steel beams to look around or through. Balconies are a little larger too, deeper.

As far as the stairwell on Voyager Class ships, we used it alot going up but never going down..........just seemed less guilty using it going up because people in Windjammers were like where are they coming from, kinda like we sneaked in but it never seemed right going down to our cabin that way. Just seemed like to many people were watching us. So we went the normal way back to our cabin.

Even though the cabin is at the far end of the ship and everyone says it takes so long to walk everywhere, the secret is use the hallways on the deck your cabin is on to go from one end of the ship to the other end. If you try to use the Promenade it just takes to long because so many people are congested down there. It is nice don't get me wrong but for rushing to a show or something like that ise the hallways, safe alot of time.

Jimbo:)

• 3 weeks later...

Bonnie & Serene, we LOVED 9390 on our recently completed repo cruise on Voyager (Miami to Bayonne, 5/7 to 5/15)...what a great cabin, what a great balcony. Thank you both so much for all your info and insights.

Mike & Silke

People are always complaining about the long walk from the aft, but I never thought it was that bad. It would be no different than having a cabin at the front of the ship. Even if you are mid-ship you have to walk alot because the food is at the back of the ship and the shows are at the front of the ship and sooner or later you have to walk from one end to the other ;) Let's face it, these are some HUGE ships and if you don't like to walk you better not be sailing on these monsters! :eek:

I didn't find the walk bad at all. Good exercise for me. I loved the aft JS on deck ten so much that I booked again while on the ship to get the same type cabin on deck ten again. The size of the balcony is worth the price alone.

Mike, I have that cabin later in the year - Did you have room for loungers on the balcony? Do you have any photos you could post? Thanks :)

Britch, we had one lounger, two regular chairs and a table on our balcony, with plenty of room to spare. While 9392/9692 is a bit bigger --- and I believe they have room for two loungers --- my wife and I were extremely comfortable and much preferred 9390.

We do have pictures, but for the life of me I do not know how to copy/paste here on cruisecritic...let me play with it, and hopefully I'll be able to post them for you.

Bottom line is you'll love the cabin.

Regards,

Michael

Michael, That is great! I am so looking forward to it! Thanks to people on this board (especially Bonnie!) I think I have managed to get a great cabin for my first cruise! Did you get a lot of sun?

If you do manage to post the pics that would be fantastic! Thanks for posting!

Did you have room for loungers on the balcony?
we had one lounger, two regular chairs and a table on our balcony, with plenty of room to spare. While 9392/9692 is a bit bigger --- and I believe they have room for two loungers --- my wife and I were extremely comfortable and much preferred 9390
Hi britchicknyc -

I also was in 9390, last month on the Navigator. I loved it.

Our cabin came with 2 chairs, 2 loungers, and 1 small table on the balcony.

The furniture fits FINE, without having to stack anything. (Which also means that even if there were 4 people on the balcony, everyone would have a place to sit or lounge.)

Note:

If on occasion you want more room on the balcony and aren't using either lounger, they each fit best (1) one at the far left under the railing, and (2) one to the far right next to the partition to the next cabin. (And of course the chairs stack too.)

FYI, here's a few shots where you can see the balcony.

(Also: One shot each of the left and right of the balcony shows [just a little] where we stowed the two loungers when we weren't using them -- look for the dark/green cloth, which were the lounger coverings/pads):

...> Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean - View from Cabin 9390 Balcony

........http://community.webshots.com/album/354545940JmmDHm

You might already have seen a couple of posts where I've mentioned Cabin 9390. If not, these might give you a little more information:

...> Navigator ? E1 cat deck 9

......(link to post). ...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=3835802&postcount=5

......(link to thread) .http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=182894

...> Navigator of the Seas Cabin 9390

......http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=171408

Archived