Upcoming Seabourn Voyages? Please post~~~

Martita B.

I'm booked on the Spirit, September 4th- 11th. I'm thinking about doing the Panama Canal cruise on Jan 17th, 2006. I'm also looking at the 16 night Cairns to Singapore cruise on the spirit on March 19th, 2006 (S and P from NYC, I think you would like this one -lots of sea days- care to join us?)

Just managed to get a copy of Seabourn's pre-cruise package. Derek (who is in charge of this in Miami) explained that they have now left out Luxor from the pre-cruise as it will be an optional tour to be taken during the cruise. I see it starts with the first night at the Four Seasons on Oct 20 although the tour itself starts on the morning of Oct 21. Is that what you're doing? As I think it will involve only 2 extra days away from my office, I think I will probably do it. At least, by comparison with the per person double rate, the single rate is not bad. See you at the Sphinx?

Claudia~~~I will be happy to send Bob and Sandra your "best!" I know that I'll be seeing them sometime this year. I forgot to mention that I was with them on the Pride

last Dec. I hosted an "Eggnog Sing-a-Long" party in the Constellation Lounge and Bob came, but Sandra had a bad cold and couldn't join us. They are soooo cute and soooo

much fun........Bob keeps all of us in "stitches" up in the Sky Bar telling his stories! Two dee-lightful people!

Wouldn't it be fun if one of these years, we couldn't plan a "Seabourn Family Reunion?"

Invite everyone for a weekend.......maybe have the event in Ft. Lauderdale? OH, the tales

that would be told! (you wanta bring the tape recorder?)

Happy Sailing~~~~

Martita

Hi

Looks like I'll be joining you on the second part of your Grand Voyage. Because of the timing, I've had to switch from the Pride Crossing to the Legend from April 23. Means I'm going to miss Martha's parties. Don't know if she'll forgive me ... We'll have to arrange some of our own. I see you posted on the Funchal thread before. I see next year neither the Pride nor the Legend will be going there on the Crossing. It's the Azores this time. Don't worry about this being your first Seabourn cruise - you'll be made to feel at home within the first hours. Actually, better than being at home - unless you're waited on hand at foot at home as well :D .

Yes definitely we'll need to host some parties !! I hope to have some sort of tan by the time you board !!! I had passed up a Crystal cruise and am hoping that I made the right choice and I think that I did !!! It will be nice to meet you as I have enjoyed your posts and photos !!!

John

Thanks, John. I'll look out for you at the Sky Bar on boarding. Don't think I've got a red carnation so I'll be the one with the camera. :)

Don't know if you've done a back to back on another ship, but one of the fun things on Seabourn is that you don't have to take part in the lifeboat drill that will be just before sailing on the second cruise and you can look down from Deck 8 by the Bar on all the pasty-faced newcomers looking silly in their lifejackets. I'll be one of those. :)

I did on the QE2 in 1999 . The only thing that I did not really like was that the menu was exactly the same on the same day of the week as the week before. I had it memorized !! it was like Fish Friday , Chicken Thursday , and Ham on Tuesday , but I had a good time and that was the main thing !! What is the red carnation ?

Sorry if I confused you. Maybe it's a British thing - wearing a red carnation to be recognised on a first meeting. Not that we've done that for 20 years :) ! Look forward to meeting you in just 51 weeks.

Oh Norm, I forgive you.....The "Elder Sister" will, as the Interstate truckers say,

"we'll shake the bushes and 'yall can rake up the leaves!" The beautiful Pride ship will Cross in style and grace, as always! The "themed all-ship" party is already being carefully planned.......(usually takes me about 10 months) Preliminary preparations, going nicely.

Why don't YOU host a gala on the Legend Crossing......only takes time and money! hahaha

Oh, and don't worry about our Crossing pictures. I've made arrangements to have a "floating photograher" on board. As the Guests will all dress in PINK and will be the decorations, photos should be a "hoot and a howl!" (I bet you heard that I was going to dress you up as The Pink Panther......actually it was Herman's suggestion!)

Happy Seabourn Trans/Crossings!

Martita

Me as the Pink Panther? I think I look more like Inspector Clouseau! :confused: By the way, did you get my email? I hope your ISP isn't blocking my emails again. I did want to let you know before I posted it publicly.

I know I have competition on board from a great photographer so I know you'll have plenty of great shots. I'm just sorry I won't have mine to post on the website.

I just re-read the posts and noticed that I will be on the 2nd leg of Venice Cruiser's trip !! I hope to meet you onboard and we have a nice beach picnic !!! :-) I'm a Tarheel , but will probably have a Duke Final Four cap on !!

John

We are booked on the Pride July 3-17, London to London.

Martita, by the way, Peter, our driver/guide in Lisbon worked out very well. You were the one who suggested him to us. Thanks for the reccommendation.

Brenda

Hi Archipelago!

A friend-that I met on the Legend over Christmas-is probably going to book too. His userid on here is CruisingChef.......Looking forward to meeting you! I do love Prickly Pear!:D

I've emailed Marla Sanders to she if she might be on Legend next April as Asst.CD/entertainer. Keeping my fingers crossed that she will be as she is one of my favorite people in the world...........

Claudia

My husband and I have been with Star Clippers 3 times and I will go for another transatlantic crossing coming October, Malaga - Sint Maarten and then flying back to Amsterdam. My husband wants to do something else and checking the internet I came across Seabourn cruises. I have read some of the articles and my questons are, how far ahead do you need to book. On the Seabourn site the itinerary is there, but no price tag yet. How long before you will know and how long before you have to book. My last question, is this the first cruise for Seabourn in that direction, if not, is there anybody who has done this one. Thanks for all the help and information. Pralientje

After 16 cruises on RSSC my husband and I decided to give Seabourn a try. From all the high praise about the line I've read here, it should be a wonderful experience (except for the lack of balconies!). The length of the cruise is a little daunting for a first time but we have high hopes for a memorable time. Jean

Pam and I are booked on Legend Nov 5, 2006, Malaga to FLL. Looking forward to our first, celebrating our 30th anniversary.

Larry

Congrats Larry and Pam.. I will see you on the same voyage. I will buy you a spot of champagne onboard ;) ;)

DD

Archived